Info for Debenture/Bondholders

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Info for Debenture/Bondholders

Post by DB10GOONER »

armchair wrote:
SanDiegoGooner wrote:Are any Gooners interested in buying my "C" debenture and accompanying season ticket? I would help pay/defay the cost of reregistering the bond into the new buyer's name. PM me if interested. Thanks! :cheers:
If youd bothered your ass to look, or been a contributor to this forum youd know that there is a whole section dedicated to buying and selling season tickets, match tickets etc. It called "Ticket Match".
You dont have enough of a post count to post in that section as you are supposed to have at least 20 posts before being allowed to post there although the mods never enforce it. It is clearly written in the rules that you must have 20 posts before you post in that section. Never enforced.
Yet ever other thread over here is deleted, locked, merged or fukin renamed. :roll:
Mods are just shit. Nuff said. 8) :lol:
:wink:
Not so shit that we don't ban gobby little fuckers from time to time.

Banned. One week. Bye.

:lol: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

us poor mods get badmouthed all the time :? :? :? :?

i feel like banning someone :mrgreen:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Tyrants the lot of you :evil:

....am I off on a weeks hols now :(

REB

Post by REB »

topgoon wrote:Tyrants the lot of you :evil:

....am I off on a weeks hols now :(
:mrgreen:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

and STILL the club haven't got a new facilitator for selling bonds!! :banghead: :banghead: :roll: :roll:

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

I am interested in buying a couple of debentures, couple of questions: does anyone have the paperwork that says exactly what you get? Am interested in reading the small print on it.

Also, anyone wanting to sell?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:Incidentally, Arsenal got back to me and said they have no facilitator in place at all and will let me know when they get someone!! :roll:
There must be an internal solution.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

StuartL wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Incidentally, Arsenal got back to me and said they have no facilitator in place at all and will let me know when they get someone!! :roll:
There must be an internal solution.
There is - I emailed the box office and they gave me details of their new registrar so I have dropped them details. Still keen to see if anyone wants to sell on here or if someone can send me the full terms and conditions though as would like to work out whether it is worth it for me.

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

im in the market for one or two also.
If anybody is selling.....

thanks

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

It took me 3 months but I have managed to get two bonds :barscarf:

Here is my summary for those who are interested, there are 4 bonds but they all essentially have the same rights now (it was different when the Emirates first opened) therefore it is bonkers to buy any now except the cheapest which are category B. It is true that category C and D have some interest but to get that interest you need to write to the club in the summer of 2028 - if you forget or your letter gets lost then you lose your opportunity to get your interest paid for 50 years - plus you also need to give up your season ticket and silver bond membership if you do want your interest. Therefore I'd say B is the best as it is identical to A but cheaper.

As a bondholder you have the right to buy tickets for any match at the Emirates ahead of anyone else after season ticket holders. You do get silver membership but need to apply by post if you want to claim your right ahead of normal silver. Or just get a season ticket, you can also change your mind season after season - whether you want silver or a season ticket.

Latest prices when I was buying was:

A £1,317
B £1,100
C £4,800
D £4,150

I managed to get my B for £950 so it shows how much supply has rocketed and demand has fallen in the last few months under the GREAT SUPREME LEADER ARSENE WENGER (in North Korea - you always capitalise the GREAT LEADER)

Send a note to [email protected] to start the process but it all needs to be done by post and will take around 3 months.

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

Hey man,
cheers for that.

Are you saying i can just email capitadeal for them to source a seller?
or do i need to have a seller already lined up?

Thanks

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

yeahbaby wrote:Hey man,
cheers for that.

Are you saying i can just email capitadeal for them to source a seller?
or do i need to have a seller already lined up?

Thanks
Yep you just email them and they do everything for you. They find the seller and they set the market price. At the end they send you the certificate - they even contact Arsenal and get you a membership number. They charge only about £40. Quite a smooth process - although annoying as it's quite slow

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Still can't buy in to this thing.

If ever there was an example of why our fans can't really get together on anything, then you only have to look back to the 90's and the bond issue.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Kallstrom29 wrote:It took me 3 months but I have managed to get two bonds :barscarf:

Here is my summary for those who are interested, there are 4 bonds but they all essentially have the same rights now (it was different when the Emirates first opened) therefore it is bonkers to buy any now except the cheapest which are category B. It is true that category C and D have some interest but to get that interest you need to write to the club in the summer of 2028 - if you forget or your letter gets lost then you lose your opportunity to get your interest paid for 50 years - plus you also need to give up your season ticket and silver bond membership if you do want your interest. Therefore I'd say B is the best as it is identical to A but cheaper.

As a bondholder you have the right to buy tickets for any match at the Emirates ahead of anyone else after season ticket holders. You do get silver membership but need to apply by post if you want to claim your right ahead of normal silver. Or just get a season ticket, you can also change your mind season after season - whether you want silver or a season ticket.

Latest prices when I was buying was:

A £1,317
B £1,100
C £4,800
D £4,150

I managed to get my B for £950 so it shows how much supply has rocketed and demand has fallen in the last few months under the GREAT SUPREME LEADER ARSENE WENGER (in North Korea - you always capitalise the GREAT LEADER)

Send a note to [email protected] to start the process but it all needs to be done by post and will take around 3 months.
Wow are those the prices now. In our last few seasons at Highbury the prices where £5k plus. I never treated my bond as an investment but if it only costs £950 to get a second bond which will allow me 2 season tickets, then thats something I will seriously look at.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:Still can't buy in to this thing.

If ever there was an example of why our fans can't really get together on anything, then you only have to look back to the 90's and the bond issue.
Going through my boxes of Arsenal crap the other week, I found a copy of the original bond prospectus, which got sent out to me as I was a season ticket holder at the time......I can remember being worried that if I didn't cough up I might not be able to keep my season ticket.