Season ticket dilemma

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mezza2014
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Season ticket dilemma

Post by Mezza2014 »

Hi everyone new to group but looking forward to posting!
Reason for my message ive have finally been
Offered the chance to purchase a season ticket :)

Fantastic news it's all I've wanted since a child..but
It's row 30 north bank upper right at back!! Now I'm at the opinion
If I get to watch Arsenal id sit on the roof if I could :)

But I like to sing, cheer etc and going by posts I've
Seen on the net, it's extremely quiet and pretty much
Seated whole game?

I've sat in block 19 many times and love the atmosphere
There... I just wondered if there was any other north
Bank uppers online or fans who can help
If I should go for it ? It's hard decision???

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8484
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Firstly, Welcome Mez :barscarf:

Secondly.....I have counted 4 paragraphs in your First post :shock:

Augie Will be very envious, it takes him 4 posts and 15000 words (of drivel) to achieve that :roll: :shock: :lol:

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by rodders999 »

I've sat up there at the very back, my arse was touching the end wall, last seat in the house or so it seemed. It's like the twilight zone up there, people looking at me weirdly for having the audacity to make some noise. A spattering of ant Tottnumb songs broke out which kinda ruined it for me as we were playing West Brom. Avoid.

Feels like a tripadvisor review of some curry house!

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is one reason why I dont' consider joining the waiting list for a season ticket.

why anyone would want to spend one game let alone a whole season :shock: towards the back of the upper tier at the Emirates (especially at the prices being charged!) is beyond me.

better atmosphere in the pub (and you feel a lot closer to the action, despite not even being there)

ps sorry if I have offended anyone with season tickets up there.

Mezza2014
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Mezza2014 »

Hi thanks! glad to be on here

Yea sorry your find I'm not exactly best poster With regards to grammar etc :) ,I'm posting on my Phone whilst working, so It's pretty much get as much Info I can on before I should carry on working! :)

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by rodders999 »

Mezza2014 wrote:Hi thanks! glad to be on here

Yea sorry your find I'm not exactly best poster With regards to grammar etc :) ,I'm posting on my Phone whilst working, so It's pretty much get as much Info I can on before I should carry on working! :)
Feast your eyes on Cork Baz's thread in the basement, you'll never work again :wink:

Mezza2014
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Mezza2014 »

Yea I think I'd be the same especially against spurs and Chelsea, I'll be singing shouting etc and that I may be the only one and might get told to sit down

I've just spoken to them and advised to get my foot in the door and apply to move to lower when one comes available!, which I'm tempted to do!

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26137
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by augie »

Mezza2014 wrote:Yea I think I'd be the same especially against spurs and Chelsea, I'll be singing shouting etc and that I may be the only one and might get told to sit down

I've just spoken to them and advised to get my foot in the door and apply to move to lower when one comes available!, which I'm tempted to do!


When they say get your foot in the door, what they actually mean is get your cash into their bank accounts :roll:

Anyway I thought that you could defer it for a year stating that you weren't expecting to be offered a ticket and haven't got the available funds ?

Mezza2014
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Mezza2014 »

Yea true!! Ha ha

You can but have deferred 3 times, and now the time I'm in a position to accept I'm insure if right move!
!

I have my name down twice as hoping to get one for my son when he is older! But have told them I'll think about it hoping they will come back with another option ( very much doubt it as someone else is always waiting) :)

If they don't then if means going I may just buckle and hope get lower tier in a couple seasons!

Thanks for responses much appreciated

Theoperator
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: In the tube, rather late again......

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Theoperator »

Hi and welcome.

If it were me and could afford the commitment I would go for it, you can transfer some matches on anyway via the ticket exchange or transfer if you know others you can do that with.

Who would pass up the opportunity to see Sanchez banging them in every fortnight :lol:

Mezza2014
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Mezza2014 »

Yea totally agree!

The positives of being there watching Arsenal, and think this season is going to be a very good one, I can't miss it and the positives out weigh the one negative of being so far back!

I'll sing cheer as norm and if no one likes it then... Well tuff there at a football match ha ha

Just waiting now for Sanchez to be announced then
I'll be very happy!!

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48402
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:I've sat up there at the very back, my arse was touching the end wall, last seat in the house or so it seemed. It's like the twilight zone up there, people looking at me weirdly for having the audacity to make some noise. A spattering of ant Tottnumb songs broke out which kinda ruined it for me as we were playing West Brom. Avoid.

Feels like a tripadvisor review of some curry house!
What? You got the shits?! :shock:

:wink:

And welcome Mezza2014. :barscarf:

I've sat way back in the rafters in the clock end upper and it's like watching Subuteo (or OneBardEwok :wink: ) running around way below. :|

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12647
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:I've sat up there at the very back, my arse was touching the end wall, last seat in the house or so it seemed. It's like the twilight zone up there, people looking at me weirdly for having the audacity to make some noise. A spattering of ant Tottnumb songs broke out which kinda ruined it for me as we were playing West Brom. Avoid.

Feels like a tripadvisor review of some curry house!
What? You got the sh1ts?! :shock:

:wink:

And welcome Mezza2014. :barscarf:

I've sat way back in the rafters in the clock end upper and it's like watching Subuteo (or OneBardEwok :wink: ) running around way below. :|
:lol:

The monring of a match, especially when we were in the running for the title in 2002 and 2004 you would mostly find me anchored to bowl with literllly the whole world falling out of my bottom. I don't seem to suffer the same fate these days during our annual pilgrimage to 4th spot.

clockender1
Posts: 6256
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by clockender1 »

you can always take it, loan out your ST or put the tickets up on ticket exchange.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Season ticket dilemma

Post by Gunner Rob »

Mezza2014 wrote:Yea totally agree!

The positives of being there watching Arsenal, and think this season is going to be a very good one, I can't miss it and the positives out weigh the one negative of being so far back!

I'll sing cheer as norm and if no one likes it then... Well tuff there at a football match ha ha

Just waiting now for Sanchez to be announced then
I'll be very happy!!
if you mean going for 4th place again then I suppose you are right :roll:

Post Reply