Lets all laugh at the Mousers

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Lets all laugh at the Mousers

Post by goonersid »

As a follow up to last seasons "let's all laugh at utd " and the almost catastrophic "can the mousers win the league" threads I am looking forward to the mousers collapse in the same way I was utd's last season.
I think Van Gaal will get the best out of his players and with a couple of signings utd will challenge for top 4 spot. Whereas Rodgers seems to have blown the Suarez money in even more spectacular fashion than the spuds did with the monkey boy cash.
As for ourselves, I haven't felt so confident about a top 4 finish in years and if we do make another big signing then I can't see us not finishing in the top 4.
And before Augie and co blow a gaskette, I don't consider a top 4 finish as success, but I do consider not making the top 4 as failure. So to watch last seasons nailed on champions with 5 games to go, fail miserably next season will be an absolute joy. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Re: Lets all laugh at the Mousers

Post by 1989 »

Just replaced Suárez with Remy. They're heading only one way and that's south.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

I wonder how much the media love-in for Rodgers will decrease after he fails to address the real reason they lost the league, their defense.

50 goals allowed last season. Even with some of the maulings we took, we only allowed 41.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really gutted I can't find Rodgers' quotes from 6 months ago about how Spurs' attempts to replace Bale with a multitude of far inferior players was obviously going to fail.

I would/will be absolutely delighted when they slip down the league next season, but not as much as when they fade back into such obscurity that the big boys don't give a shit again.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

northbank123 wrote:Really gutted I can't find Rodgers' quotes from 6 months ago about how Spurs' attempts to replace Bale with a multitude of far inferior players was obviously going to fail.
Here you go, mate:

"It's difficult. They have had a good couple of years, they were up there under Harry Redknapp. Obviously there have been difficulties from Bale leaving," he said. "It shows you that when you have someone with that x-factor, sometimes eight, nine or 10 players can't replace that. That was why we fought like tigers to keep Luis Suárez here because he is a top player, he is a performer. There are many good players but very few who perform week in, week out to that level. I am more than happy with the choice I made to come here and hopefully in time it will prove to be the right one."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... am-cardiff

:lol:

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

so far we are on even terms. we have not won anything. same goes for them

what's there to laugh about?

thread is pre-mature imho

peace

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Raggy wrote:so far we are on even terms. we have not won anything. same goes for them

what's there to laugh about?

thread is pre-mature imho

peace
We have not won anything?

What is there to laugh at?

The general level of delusion found in Scouser's is reason enough to laugh, anyway.

Like the bloke on RAWK who claims Remy is better than Sanchez...How can you not laugh? :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Not quoting exactly here but Jamie Carragher on Sky said that it was a pity that Sanchez didn't join Liverpool and followed it up by saying he fears that English players will lose out at Arsenal because of Sanchez's arrival..
Can compared to Zidane after half a friendly at Preston ( I think)..
Victim fans saying Sanchez showed a lack of ambition by not joining them.
But most of all the kick in the teeth that Suarez gave them, we are used to it but they thought his "love" of them and their spirit was lifelong and real..
Always a reason to laugh..

brucegrove

Post by brucegrove »

i read an astonishing statistic that LFC played ONLY 43 (38 league and 5 cup) games all season. Off the top of my head that's around 15 less than us. They'll N-E-V-E-R get a better chance to win the league. Despite all the media hype towards the end of last season i never thought they'd do it because teams with weak defences don't win leagues. You can't win a title off the back of conceding 50-odd goals. Modern day LFC are the Totts of the north in many ways but especially in regard to having one top class player that they'll never replace.

Fair play to them in that it was a big decision to turn down our £40m bid and it really paid off for them when the toothy time bomb scored so many goals, nearly won them the league and doubled his value but Clodagh (ask your parents) has a terrible record in the transfer market and they'll be shunted out of the top 4 by Utd (who worryingly will have the same non-euro advantage this season, wouldn't it have been so great to see those James Blunts playing at home to Mentalist Jerkoff in front of 20,000). Having said that tho i wouldn't have said no to signing Lambert or Remy for the car boot prices they were avail for. They wouldn't have let anybody down and certainly would've been useful to us in the 2nd half of last season. Watching Sanogo against Boringwood, i know who i'd prefer to have up front

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:Not quoting exactly here but Jamie Carragher on Sky said that it was a pity that Sanchez didn't join Liverpool and followed it up by saying he fears that English players will lose out at Arsenal because of Sanchez's arrival..
Can compared to Zidane after half a friendly at Preston ( I think)..
Victim fans saying Sanchez showed a lack of ambition by not joining them.
But most of all the kick in the teeth that Suarez gave them, we are used to it but they thought his "love" of them and their spirit was lifelong and real..
Always a reason to laugh..
Didn't he then follow that up by saying how brilliant he would have been at Liverpool instead? Presumably he'd be sitting on the bench behind Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana and Lambert then? :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Really gutted I can't find Rodgers' quotes from 6 months ago about how Spurs' attempts to replace Bale with a multitude of far inferior players was obviously going to fail.
Here you go, mate:

"It's difficult. They have had a good couple of years, they were up there under Harry Redknapp. Obviously there have been difficulties from Bale leaving," he said. "It shows you that when you have someone with that x-factor, sometimes eight, nine or 10 players can't replace that. That was why we fought like tigers to keep Luis Suárez here because he is a top player, he is a performer. There are many good players but very few who perform week in, week out to that level. I am more than happy with the choice I made to come here and hopefully in time it will prove to be the right one."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... am-cardiff

:lol:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Although last year was a great opportunity for us to win the league as BG says Liverpool will never get a better chance with only 43 games, barely any injuries and a completely new tactic which teams hadn't had times to come to grips with.

brucegrove

Post by brucegrove »

Oh, and btw...i forgot to mention Phil Thompson and his comments about Sanchez preferring AFC. Chlodagh was quick to inform the media that Sanchez had only gone to AFC for geographic reasons. Convenient that really because it's the only explanation that excuses LFC for losing out to another team. After escaping a life of poverty, crime and hardship in Chile he'd have to be a hubcap short of a full set to choose to live on fucking Merseyside. Phil (keep your nose out, if you can) Thompson is one of these professional scousers that seems to think that that Sanchez has made a big mistake by preferring to move to London. Quite why, i'll never know. Wasn't it about 10days ago that a group of Irish LFC fans travelled over to do a charity (to raise money for Hillsborough victims) bike ride, parked their van (containing their bikes) outside Anfield so they could have a guided tour of the great shrine (ahem) only to find that during the short time of the tour their van had been broken into and the bikes half-inched. Maybe that's a good reason not to want to live there, plus there's always the danger your new neighbour might be Phil Thompson! You'll never bike again

brucegrove

Post by brucegrove »

Additionally, it's amusing to see that LFC have somehow agreed a £14m fee (no, that 1 isn't a misprint) with Sunderland for Borini (one of many expensive piss-poor Chlodagh signings) only for the player to apparently be refusing the move. Imagine being so close to receiving that kind of unbelievable fee for such a waster only for the deal to fall through (and scupper the Remy move). No doubt Borini will receive a visit from the same balaclaved mob who persuaded Gerrard to stay, one of whom will have an extremely big hooter protruding out of the mask

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

Like the bloke on RAWK who claims Remy is better than Sanchez...How can you not laugh? :lol:
I can't stomach that forum for more than a few minutes, but read a gem from some jeb end that Brendan 'Jesus Christ' Rogers will sort out Remy's attitude issues due to his calming influence, or words to that effect. Yeah, how'd that work out with Suarez? :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

TurnipMasher wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:

I can't stomach that forum for more than a few minutes, but read a gem from some jeb end that Brendan 'Jesus Christ' Rogers will sort out Remy's attitude issues due to his calming influence, or words to that effect. Yeah, how'd that work out with Suarez? :D
It annoys me when I hear some glory-hunting Manc prick spout that Ferguson would have 'sorted out' Gascoigne. I've read Gascoigne's autobiography and it's quite clear that the bloke was frankly disturbed from an early age. It wasn't a case of a happy-go-lucky attitude combined with a few overly-lenient managers, Gascoigne had a destructive personality and serious physical and mental health issues.