Eisfeld sold to Fulham

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brucegrove

Eisfeld sold to Fulham

Post by brucegrove »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... oys-fulham

I'm really disappointed by this, i thought the guy really showed something during pre-season games a year ago

donaldo

Re: Eisfeld sold to Fulham

Post by donaldo »

brucegrove wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... oys-fulham

I'm really disappointed by this, i thought the guy really showed something during pre-season games a year ago
Lets be honest he had no future at the club.The same as Ryo.If you cant even get a place on the bench its best you go.I just wish we had thrown Diaby in on the deal.How the fuck is he still at the club?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Looked an insightful passer, good positional sense and able to play a variety of positions in midfield.

But a long way down the pecking order, so I can see why he has been sold.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

saw him a couple of times in the league cup, looked very good so it's sad to see another one bite the dust. oh well, another profit made :roll:

guybwood49

Post by guybwood49 »

Its a shame he has been sold, but I suppose its good for him.Will get more of an opportunity at Fulham
Good luck to him, shame he had a very strong midfield to compete with.
I think he will do well in the championship, he looked good in the few games we saw him play in

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Looked an insightful passer, good positional sense and able to play a variety of positions in midfield.

Sums it up fairly. Genuinely hope he does well, seemed an actual talent unlike some of our youth products who I haven't given a shit about once they've gone. As long as he doesn't end up at Chelsea :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I too am sorry and disappointed to see him being sold...He always seemed to have that natural quality of time on the ball...could pick a pass really well and for his size he wasn't afraid to put his foot in and mic it....mind you wenger knows! :roll: :roll: :roll: yeah as if...

No doubt he will come back to haunt us at some point and score a last minute goal in a cup competition or the like.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Good luck to him. Looking forward to seeing him back in the prem after next year's boat trip.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:Looked an insightful passer, good positional sense and able to play a variety of positions in midfield.

Not having a go at you here Quartz, just the general theory you quote. I just don't hold with that line of thinking. A young player should be sold because they are a long way down the pecking order? What happened to knuckle down, work hard, improve your craft and EARN your way into the team? What is the point of an Academy if we just sell on the brightest sparks that emerge from it before they are truly tested in the PL?

Now I don't know if Arsene or his coaches called time on the lad, or if the lad himself decided he wanted to play more and requested a move. But either way it does us no good to thin the squad out further like this. Is Arsene that afraid of conflict or a heated discussion that he just folds when a player gets uppity? Really? I'm thinking he is. He doesn't seem to have the spine to confront want-away players and hold them to their contracts. Or does he just take a huff at them rejecting him? Either way, it is poor management. And yes I do accept that sometimes if a player wants to go it is better that you just get rid before they become a cancer in the dressing room, but surely that can't be the case with every player that thinks about leaving?

And what's most annoying about selling Eisfeld is that Arsene has persisted with so many shit players over the last decade for season after season and most of them showed less quality than Eisfeld tbh. :| Sure, Eisfeld might turn out to be the next David Bentley, but he might also turn out to be the next Cashley Asshole (the footballer, not the scumcunt excuse for a human being).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Disappointing as There's Only One was getting closer to the dream of announcing a squad of 18 midfielders for a PL match

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:Disappointing as There's Only One was getting closer to the dream of announcing a squad of 18 midfielders for a PL match
His dream of the innovative 3-7-0 formation will happen, Steve. Have faith. 8)

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
And what's most annoying about selling Eisfeld is that Arsene has persisted with so many shit players over the last decade for season after season and most of them showed less quality than Eisfeld tbh. :| Sure, Eisfeld might turn out to be the next David Bentley, but he might also turn out to be the next Cashley Asshole (the footballer, not the scumcunt excuse for a human being).
[/quote]

Just like JET turned out to be the new Henry and Sanchez Watts the new Robert Pires :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

donaldo wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Just like JET turned out to be the new Henry and Sanchez Watts the new Robert Pires :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Yep, just like that! :barscarf:

But in all honesty that is my point. Wenger persisted with worse players for longer than he did with Eisfeld, who in the (admittedly limited) games I saw him in looked like he had something. Is this Arsene turning over a new leaf and cutting what he perceives as the shit players earlier then? I doubt it tbh. Maybe the kid asked to go. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Esifeld I'm not so disappointed about, the Coq on the other hand I thought had the makings of a very good player. Sad to see he hasn't made the grade, where is he anyway?

brucegrove

Post by brucegrove »

rodders999 wrote:Esifeld I'm not so disappointed about, the Coq on the other hand I thought had the makings of a very good player. Sad to see he hasn't made the grade, where is he anyway?
er..he played against Boringwood last game!