Citeh at home match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Citeh at home match thread.

Post by Midz »

Chippy wrote:Wonder what the reaction on here will be when Sanogoals starts and Welbeck comes on to replace Ozil in the 70th minute when we are 3-0 down. :rubchin: :rubchin:

Had to laugh at this :) Many a true word spoken in jest!

Midz

Post by Midz »

If we only lose 3-0 Wenger will see it as an improvement on last season.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Midz wrote:
Chippy wrote:Wonder what the reaction on here will be when Sanogoals starts and Welbeck comes on to replace Ozil in the 70th minute when we are 3-0 down. :rubchin: :rubchin:

Had to laugh at this :) Many a true word spoken in jest!
Sadly there is a huge part of me (my arse) that thinks this is likely to happen. Sorry OBG. :(

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

If we are lucky it will end up in a turgid draw with city city missing a bag full of chances, if we are really lucky it will end in 1-0 win with Welbeck scoring on his debut, if we are really really really lucky Wenger will watch Sanogoals run around the training pitch like some demented dog trying to catch his tail and decide enough is enough and resign.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think we all know our new winger Danny Welbeck will need a bit of time to settle in, so let's be patient and hope he can fire in a few crosses for Sanogoals to scuff. :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Seems to me that a fair few on here would love to see The Arsenal lose so they can say they were right :roll:

Anyhow have no idea what the score will be, city lost recently and looked pretty inept, we drew recently and looked pretty inept.

I'm going for a 3-3 über draw :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Seems to me that a fair few on here would love to see The Arsenal lose so they can say they were right :roll:

Anyhow have no idea what the score will be, city lost recently and looked pretty inept, we drew recently and looked pretty inept.

I'm going for a 3-3 über draw :wink:
Yep, tbh I'm getting that impression a bit too. I would say however it's one or two rather than a fair few. And tbh I can't understand that attitude.

For me, I live every day knowing Wenger is now the wrong man to take Arsenal forward, but hoping beyond hope that he proves me wrong. Last season he proved one of my main arguments very wrong in that I firmly believed we would NEVER win another trophy under him. And yes I know many will say "but it was ONLY the FA Cup and we scraped it against a shit team..." I agree we didn't set that final alight and were a tad lucky but I disagree about it being ONLY the FA Cup as I still love the cup. But the point is it was a trophy and I was delighted he proved me wrong on that one.

I have no ego invested in any of this. I just want what's best for The Arsenal. 8)

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

DB10GOONER wrote:I think we all know our new winger Danny Welbeck will need a bit of time to settle in, so let's be patient and hope he can fire in a few crosses for Sanogoals to scuff. :|
You're giving him too much credit, here - won't make contact.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I think we all know our new winger Danny Welbeck will need a bit of time to settle in, so let's be patient and hope he can fire in a few crosses for Sanogoals to scuff. :|

FFS give the lad a chance - Look, he is used to playing Sunday Pub League Twelve Football and is used to pitch that resembles a ploughed field - and not the smoothe sheen perfect surface that The Arsenal ply their trade on - hence he keeps kicking thin air because he is waiting for the ball to bobble and bounce and ricochet over his head...I'm sure once he realises that he isn't playing on a field also used for motorcross and donkey derbies - he will adjust accordingly - and then be even worse.

:lol: :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

There is a huge difference between wanting us to lose and expecting us to lose based on all recent evidence. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Exactamondo Chippy!

I NEVER want us to lose - And whilst i can (almost) understand some Gooners wanting us to - because they think it will hasten AW's departure - I honestly believe that unless we find ourselves fighting relegation - we are sadly stuck with him till 2017 - whether we win or lose....and so knowing we won't win the Prem Tile under him, at least by winning most games lends some kind of consolation to the pain and frustration of wenger sticking around rather than fecking off like many want him to.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Could potentially have both sets of fans booing Welbeck.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Chippy wrote:There is a huge difference between wanting us to lose and expecting us to lose based on all recent evidence. :(
OneBardGooner wrote:Exactamondo Chippy!

I NEVER want us to lose - And whilst i can (almost) understand some Gooners wanting us to - because they think it will hasten AW's departure - I honestly believe that unless we find ourselves fighting relegation - we are sadly stuck with him till 2017 - whether we win or lose....and so knowing we won't win the Prem Tile under him, at least by winning most games lends some kind of consolation to the pain and frustration of wenger sticking around rather than fecking off like many want him to.
The ladies doth protest too much :shock: :lol:

Fuck me sideways I actually quoted two posters properly :shock: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

SydneyGooner wrote:Could potentially have both sets of fans booing Welbeck.
I would sincerely hope he is given a lot more than one game before our own fans boo him :?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:Could potentially have both sets of fans booing Welbeck.
I would sincerely hope he is given a lot more than one game before our own fans boo him :?
I concur. It wouldn't be fair on clogger Dan.