The Board-Finance-AGM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: The Board-Finance-Kroenke

Post by northbank123 »

If he is being paid any 'consultancy' money whatsoever it is down to the spineless bunch of wankers and yes-men on the board.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123 wrote:If he is being paid any 'consultancy' money whatsoever it is down to the spineless bunch of wankers and yes-men on the board.
He has a controlling share so can pay himself pretty much what he likes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:If he is being paid any 'consultancy' money whatsoever it is down to the spineless bunch of wankers and yes-men on the board.
He has a controlling share so can pay himself pretty much what he likes.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's the board who have the responsibility/authority to enter into contracts, not the shareholders? In a lot of areas you can circumvent board approval via lengthy shareholder resolutions etc - like appointing/removing directors - but it would kick up a lot of shit and he'd get absolutely caned.

Peter Hill-Wood used to take £60-80k out of the club a year for his services. Summed up the greedy bastards you get on the board. It's small change to him, absolutely fuck all to add to the shareholding he was born into and sold off for his own greed. But he still took it because he can. And it's the same as the rest of those greedy, disinterested snakes.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another part of Kroenke's wet dream realised tonight - no need to drop the ticket prices any more this season and the cup with only £1.5m prize money thrown in the 'trash' for another year

Those 2 glorious back to back matchdays with Anderlecht are round the corner though so 45,000 inside the ground paying treble tonight's prices will be a nice little earner

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:Stan Kroenke imposes a 3% ticket price rise on fans that raises circa £3m, then he bills Arsenal £3m for his advisory fees. How convenient!
6:13pm - 23 Sep 14
ah wondered what the 3% increase was for

I appreciate for now that Wenger is the biggest cancer at the club but long term this poisonous leech will be a bigger problem

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

£3 million notes to fund latest syrup technology no doubt.

I hope this is a genuine fee for "consultancy" and not just clever accounting/dividend in all but name as the arsewipe hasn't even tried this shit with his American franchises.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

WTF? Is this £3million "consultancy" fee thing real??!! :shock: I honestly thought you were all taking the piss.... :|

I hope some fucker brings this up at the next AGM...

officepest

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:WTF? Is this £3million "consultancy" fee thing real??!! :shock: I honestly thought you were all taking the piss.... :|

I hope some fucker brings this up at the next AGM...
It will be, and it will be dodged like the plague while someone offers to sell you some snake oil and a long stand.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but it's the board who have the responsibility/authority to enter into contracts, not the shareholders? In a lot of areas you can circumvent board approval via lengthy shareholder resolutions etc - like appointing/removing directors - but it would kick up a lot of shit and he'd get absolutely caned.
you are spot on. I hope usmanov has something to say about this - the board should have approved any contract, there should have been a bidding process, tenders etc.

he is doing this to circumvent paying a dividend and getting criticised for it, so they sneaked this through.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... fans-anger

its a disgrace, given our performances and ticket prices.

someone needs to ask to see the contract and the tenders, ask who signed it etc - a PLC cannot just pay money out willy nilly to 'advisors' there needs to be a contract.

hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camels back and usmanov pushes for a seat on the board or total takeover.

KROENKE OUT !

officepest

Post by officepest »

clockender1 wrote:
northbank123 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but it's the board who have the responsibility/authority to enter into contracts, not the shareholders? In a lot of areas you can circumvent board approval via lengthy shareholder resolutions etc - like appointing/removing directors - but it would kick up a lot of shit and he'd get absolutely caned.
you are spot on. I hope usmanov has something to say about this - the board should have approved any contract, there should have been a bidding process, tenders etc.

he is doing this to circumvent paying a dividend and getting criticised for it, so they sneaked this through.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... fans-anger

its a disgrace, given our performances and ticket prices.

someone needs to ask to see the contract and the tenders, ask who signed it etc - a PLC cannot just pay money out willy nilly to 'advisors' there needs to be a contract.

hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camels back and usmanov pushes for a seat on the board or total takeover.

KROENKE OUT !
I agree. Honestly though, if Usmanov was really bothered he could easily buy out Kroenke as he is worth what, £12bn? :shock:

If he really had the appetite to make Arsenal the ultimate billionaire toy he would have moved by now, surely?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

In this case the board are the shareholders and vice versa. Kroenke can out vote anyone. There is no legal requirement for any company to tender any contract.

When I worked for an American company you will undoubtedly have heard of, all our European subsidiaries paid fees to the US for consultancy. This mainly consisted of blokes who had never left the States before telling us we should do everything exactly as they do it there. Their faces when you explained how many languages, countries, currencies, regional tastes etc. were a picture. :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

officepest wrote:
I agree. Honestly though, if Usmanov was really bothered he could easily buy out Kroenke as he is worth what, £12bn? :shock:

If he really had the appetite to make Arsenal the ultimate billionaire toy he would have moved by now, surely?
Usmanov has tried to take over the club for a few years.
But Kroenke won't sell, and Usmanov cannot force him to.
Koroenke is not as rich as Usmanov, but he is rich enough to not need to sell his shares.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Koroenke is not as rich as Usmanov, but he is rich enough to not need to sell his shares.
we need to make him them with a Kroenke out campaign. maybe the BSM and AST and could back a 'syrup' day - with everyone wearing wigs to mock him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

clockender1 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
we need to make him them with a Kroenke out campaign. maybe the BSM and AST and could back a 'syrup' day - with everyone wearing wigs to mock him.
The bloke does not give a flying fuck how unpopular he is. He won't be remotely concerned by dissent against him because he'll be too busy counting his cash at his ranch. I'm not against a showing of disatiafaction by any means but it's not going to make him up sticks. The only thing that will do that is if somebody presents a huge wad of cash to him for his shares.

As Quartz says he doesn't need to be pressured into selling but he would sell up tomorrow if he got a generous offer. That's the whole reason he bought them in the first place.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Kroenke is a clueless *unt and I wish he'd fuck off.