The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by I Hate Hleb »

QuartzGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
Monkeymaw wrote:.
Quite like "Crucial" Robbie though. Any reggae fans remember him from the 80's?

Probably not!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Yes, but I did not put two and two together...remember his tunes though

Is this one of those very rare 'whoosh' moments for you Quartzy? :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Is this one of those very rare 'whoosh' moments for you Quartzy? :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Remember the name and a tune of his but not what he looked like.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nice to see Liverpool fans wetting themselves about the £29m signing of a player most of them have never heard of...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok found the greatest bit of transfer news so far this summer (Hopefully):

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 41055.html

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

And one other bit, looks like we actually have made a signing:

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/06/arsena ... ws+site%29

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

The Metro is reporting that Wellington Silva (remember him?), is close to signing a new five year contract and will join up with the squad, now that he has his passport.
The transfer juggernaut gets into second gear now.

WENGER OUT

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Why the f*** do arsenal take an age to complete a f***ing transfer :banghead:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

QuartzGooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
Remember the name and a tune of his but not what he looked like.
I think I just got my answer!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:Nice to see Liverpool fans wetting themselves about the £29m signing of a player most of them have never heard of...
He played for Brazil against Chile at the Grove back in March. Came on and scored with a great cool finish. He played 25 minutes and looked like a genuine quality player with strength and pace. Certainly livened up the place. Not sure how he'll cope with the demands over a season but he will score goals.
I wonder if we'll make a move for Balotelli now, as he will surely be up for sale and will cost less than the £16m they paid for him. I still rate him after a dire season and will improve the squad...better than sanogoals, quicker than Giroud. At Liverpool I think he put a certain senior player (who has now left for LA) nose out of joint and didn't get a look in after that. Only problem is that he is crazier than wrighty was.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Nice to see Liverpool fans wetting themselves about the £29m signing of a player most of them have never heard of...
He played for Brazil against Chile at the Grove back in March. Came on and scored with a great cool finish. He played 25 minutes and looked like a genuine quality player with strength and pace. Certainly livened up the place. Not sure how he'll cope with the demands over a season but he will score goals.
I wonder if we'll make a move for Balotelli now, as he will surely be up for sale and will cost less than the £16m they paid for him. I still rate him after a dire season and will improve the squad...better than sanogoals, quicker than Giroud. At Liverpool I think he put a certain senior player (who has now left for LA) nose out of joint and didn't get a look in after that. Only problem is that he is crazier than wrighty was.
I sincerely hope not, the risk hugely outweighs the reward, the fact that no manager has manage to get him performing consistently well and every time he moves his transfer fee is lower than last time says he is not worth even considering. Some nutcases like Suarez are probably worth the risk as they are consistent performers who might explode and cost you the odd game/get a long suspension but ballotelli ain't that sort of player.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

I wouldn't take Balotelli at all, but I do agree that he's been slightly hung out to dry but Liverpool. Rodgers is especially a massive arse, who seemed to put the blame of every defeat at his feet, even when he wasn't actually playing.

God I hate Liverpool.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I think Firmano is a good player. he's done well in Germany and looks comfortable at international level.

Shock headline: Rodgers signs decent player, law of averages kicks in!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Skooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
I sincerely hope not, the risk hugely outweighs the reward, the fact that no manager has manage to get him performing consistently well and every time he moves his transfer fee is lower than last time says he is not worth even considering. Some nutcases like Suarez are probably worth the risk as they are consistent performers who might explode and cost you the odd game/get a long suspension but ballotelli ain't that sort of player.
Agree 100%. With maverick players you have to calculate the risk against the possible gain. There is a tipping point.

Suarez is a tool, he will cost you a game, he will fuck up your selection options for maybe 3 or 5 games (normally, but 8 or so in a bad season!! :lol: ) but he will score you so many goals and get so many assists (and make average shit like Sterling and Sturridge look way better than they are) that he might just win you a PL (unless you have a vastly overated arsehole slip at a key moment :D ).

Balotelli? Self indulgent whining bitch that cares about nothing but having something to blame for upsetting him. Absolutely fuck all use. He could have Bergkamp's ability and his attitude would make him as much use as Robbie Savage. :roll: One amazing volley and two awesome flicks per season mean fuck all in the big scheme of things.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Why the f*** do arsenal take an age to complete a f***ing transfer :banghead:

They are totally unproffessional in their transfer dealings it is an absolute joke, Man Utd and Liverpool seem to sign players up quick enough, and Chelsea for that matter

As for Gazidis not sure who would be convinced by him, the guy has no charm or charisma what so ever, he looks lost in the role

Please Arsenal we desperately need an overhaul of this process

REB

Post by REB »

GranadaJoe wrote:I think Firmano is a good player. he's done well in Germany and looks comfortable at international level.

Shock headline: Rodgers signs decent player, law of averages kicks in!

he scored 7 goals in a lesser league, hardly a 30mill player :shock: