The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Wenger to assess his players in pre-season before deciding if he still wants another central midfielder. (Telegraph)
7:50pm - 6 Jul 15

Comical - it's like he still doesn't know what the players can and cant do despite them being at the club for years :roll:
You really believe that? :?

Personally, I filed that story away under "made up bollocks" as it's ludicrous to suggest a few pre-season training sessions and friendlies in Singapore are going to tell him something that a season of competitive football didn't.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I believe it, felt all along that it will be Cech and only Cech, the midfield area is congested, Walcott will go into the 'striker' area with Giroud and Welbeck and Gabriel was brought in last Jan to bulk up the centre backs.

Unless Wenger reacts to another gift you may aswel accept that this is it.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

There was a rumour last week we was going into a period of a heatwave...

Source- sun,mirror,express,telegraph,mail,metro,

:rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Looks as though Arteta has signed a one year deal. There's your defensive CM right there folks, basically Arteta has become Arsenal's condom as he will provide cover for our Coq.

I thank you, I'm here all week 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:Looks as though Arteta has signed a one year deal. There's your defensive CM right there folks, basically Arteta has become Arsenal's condom as he will provide cover for our Coq.

Yeah but he's old and the lube has dried up :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah and he's calf muscles are made of shredded wheat. Desperate times.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If our Coq flops then we are in trouble..

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:If our Coq flops then we are in trouble..
Yeah, but to be fair, what are the chances that Coq will fail to live up to last seasons form, or get injured 2 days after the transfer window closes, leaving us completely exposed until January, when Wenger can finally get that emergency replacement after leaving us seriously short in our squad because we were relying on a creaking Spaniard, thus dropping numerous points, where we are 12-15 behind the league leaders and out of the title race??

Not like it's happened before. :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I believe it, felt all along that it will be Cech and only Cech, the midfield area is congested, Walcott will go into the 'striker' area with Giroud and Welbeck and Gabriel was brought in last Jan to bulk up the centre backs.

That wasn't the believe it or not question though.

Augie believes the story that wenger needs preseason training/friendlies to decide what he needs.

I don't believe this as what will he learn in preseason that 9 months of competitive football didn't tell him?

It's surely a non-story.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:I believe it, felt all along that it will be Cech and only Cech, the midfield area is congested, Walcott will go into the 'striker' area with Giroud and Welbeck and Gabriel was brought in last Jan to bulk up the centre backs.

That wasn't the believe it or not question though.

Augie believes the story that wenger needs preseason training/friendlies to decide what he needs.

I don't believe this as what will he learn in preseason that 9 months of competitive football didn't tell him?

It's surely a non-story.

You say that like it would be the first time it has happened - didn't he say something similar himself a few summers ago ?

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
enjibenji wrote:if we signed messi people on here would still complain, fuck sake lads would use cheer up :lol:

If we bought Messi he would, by definition, be a Barca castoff, so presumably many on here would moan about his signing.
That's all we need... another lightweight, 5'6" tippy-tapper :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

rodders999 wrote:Looks as though Arteta has signed a one year deal. There's your defensive CM right there folks, basically Arteta has become Arsenal's condom as he will provide cover for our Coq.

He will be about as much use as a split condom as chances are when it's time to cover the Coq he will be injured himself.

Such a waste of money and a spot.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I see Real Madrid are practically trying to give Casillas away (to Porto); his decline has been as remarkable as his rise was.

Only 34 too, I hope Cech has a longer shelf life.

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

Bradywasking wrote:If our Coq flops then we are in trouble..
If our Coq flops without any new additions we'll probably find it hard to even get to the cup semi.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Such a waste of money and a spot.
I hate this attitude on Arteta. Do you even hear the stories of what he did before the Cup final last year? How he showed what it mean to wear the shirt in a cup final. You need players around a club who can be leaders and also offer advice to the young lads etc. We got rid of our older players too early a few years ago and the team was weaker for it, maybe Wenger has learnt the value of keeping some older heads like Rosicky and Arteta around.

Waste of money is also ridiculous, we're bloody rolling in it. He's hardly on astronomical wages compared to others.