The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

g60gooner wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
S3aninLondon wrote:Rodders, I think you can sleep well there. No way will Wenker do that. Unless it's given to him on a plate, can't see him singing anyone. Remember the only reason we got ozil, was because Madrid wanted to offload him after Bale's arrival and we got Sanchez because of Suarez going to Barca. Cech we got because, he wanted to stay in London and the only other option was the Scum.
You do realise that's how transfers usually work. Why would a team like Madrid or Barcelona weaken their squad without having a replacement?
Just like when we sold Van Persie or Vermaelen, for example, and replaced them with, er .......
I know what you're trying to say, but they are not great examples, mate. :D :wink: VanJudasCunt played only one whole season for us - he spent the rest chronically injured. Tommy V spent most of 2011 injured. In his last season he hadn't played regularly for a while and in all honesty his initial first season form had dropped off hugely by then and he seemed to have fallen out of favour with Wenger. That last season he only made a handful of PL appearances and didn't get past the bench in the 2014 FA Cup Final.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whenever I've seen him play -either CL or la liga - he has never seemed that good - we ought to go for lewandowski - he's the real deal - And we CAN afford it....mind you tightwad wenger prefers to throw money (cue Todd Rundgren's "Throw Money from the Somnething / Anything album) away by keeping such cuntss as denilson/diaby/thatfatcunt who got booked for speeding (in a car) and a few more I can't be bothered to think of....

WENGER OUT !

:barscarf:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I'm not too sure why some posters are so concerned about value in the market when our club is awash with money. Higuain is available (I think) at the right price.

Let us make a statement of intent, go get him I say.

MrT

Post by MrT »

DB10GOONER wrote:
MrT wrote:
rodders999 wrote:I spent all summer waiting for us to sign a striker but if we spunk away a shit load of cash on Benzema I think I'll have a fucking nervous breakdown. Please for the love of Christ stay sell away from him.
I'm not seeing the logic here, Rodders. He is far superior to what we have, and with limited options available he is the obvious solution to the striker problem. As an added bonus, he will keep the 2 donkeys we have masquerading as strikers on the bench.
In general, I find it interesting so many posters on here think Benzema is the obvious solution to our striker problem, as if he will sign and just bang in 20+ PL goals in his first season and carry on likewise thereafter. If only it were that easy! Not every player can adapt to the PL. Who'd have thought DiMaria would fail so miserably in the PL? What makes so many people think Benzema is the answer? Based on what?

This perception on here that Benzema is "far superior" to and is a "huge" upgrade on Giroud/Walcott/Welbeck is puzzling. I'm loathe to base any argument on stats ( :wink: ) but TBH looking at Benzema's goals to games ratio over the last 5 seasons, he appears to be of similar calibre to Giroud! :shock:

Is he a better technical player? Maybe. Will he link up play as well as Giroud does? Maybe, but maybe not from what I've seen of him. But then should a striker be linking up play at all? Maybe not. But if he's not, then he needs to be hitting 20-30 goals a season in the PL. Will Benzema do that? I'm not convinced.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take a punt on him if the price were right, but he's hardly a huge upgrade on Giroud. :|
Christ...you clearly must not watch enough Madrid games. When you have ball hog Ronaldo as the main man scoring 50-60 odd goals a season it's naturally going to be difficult for their number 9 to be even half as prolific. Everything goes through CR, with Benzema mopping up the left overs. At Arsenal he would be the main man up front and Ozil will finally have somebody that understands basic striker movement to pass to.

There is a reason the fans and owner love him. Not sure how you can compare him to Giroud...Benzema is technically better, quicker, stronger, and doesn't have the donkey trait Giroud is cursed with.

Do we need to compare the trophies that they've won? Yeh, that's where the comparison ends.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Benzema is better than Giroud from the little I've seen of him, but that is hardly a mean feat is it.

Anyhow, If Benzema, Higuan, Cavani and lewandowski are all available for roughly the same money, I would choose Lewandowski every time.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

According to: a couple of Journalists, Florentino Perez, Rafa Benitez and some bloke down the pub the Benzema link is dead.

Move on. *

*Expect his signature within hours then.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Way things are going we will have the smallest squad in the league and out spent by Bournemouth :blah: :blah: :blah:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
S3aninLondon wrote:Rodders, I think you can sleep well there. No way will Wenker do that. Unless it's given to him on a plate, can't see him singing anyone. Remember the only reason we got ozil, was because Madrid wanted to offload him after Bale's arrival and we got Sanchez because of Suarez going to Barca. Cech we got because, he wanted to stay in London and the only other option was the Scum.
You do realise that's how transfers usually work. Why would a team like Madrid or Barcelona weaken their squad without having a replacement?
So I would then ask you why would the scum or the victims sell monkey boy and the cannibal if they didn't have replacements ? You would probably counter that by saying that big clubs like barca and real Madrid will always be able to bully smaller clubs in the transfer market, and this leads me to my next question........why cant/don't we bully other clubs in the transfer windows ? Why don't we aggressively go after marco reus and unsettle him and force Dortmund to sell ? Why do we not aggressively go after either of the bender brothers in Germany ? The same question applies to carvalho or hummels or countless other players because we are a bigger club that their current clubs and should be able to prise quality players from these clubs

Reality is that le cock and our club want and expect quality players to fall into their lap - if it happens then great, but if it doesn't happen then we are left buying the likes of le postman from some shit hole club in france :roll: :oops:
Liverpool and Spurs aren't comparable to Madrid and Barcelona when it comes to transfers. It's very rare that you'd poach a first team player from Barca/Madrid without them already having something better either signed or about to sign.

We aren't on the same planet as some of these teams whether you like it or not. Going in aggressively makes no difference if the player doesn't want to play for you.

augie

Post by augie »

Are you saying that we are not operating on a higher level than Dortmund and Leverkusen (for example) ? Financially we would blow them out of the water (as proven by the huge wages being given out to average players :roll: ) and we play in the most popular league in the world - Dortmund have had a very successful period under klopp but even still they are not in our galaxy when it comes to profile, prestige and wealth and we should be well able to cherry pick a player from either of those clubs

I never said that we are on Madrid or barca's level, but I did argue that we are on the next tier and looking down at most clubs in europe

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Errrrrm there's an way way of evaluating whether Benzema is better than Giroud: they both play for the same national team. One has is older than the other. Yet, whenever serious competitive games comes along for France, count how many times different managers have picked Giroud over Benzema?
:rubchin: (Clue, Giroud never gets picked ahead of Benzema).
I

If Benzema is good enough to be first choice at Real for over 4 years, I'll quietly giggle as to whether he's good enough to dislodge a bloke who can't start a cup final ahead of Walcott, and has currently gone over 530 minutes without a league goal... :oops:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Errrrrm there's an way way of evaluating whether Benzema is better than Giroud: they both play for the same national team. One has is older than the other. Yet, whenever serious competitive games comes along for France, count how many times different managers have picked Giroud over Benzema?
:rubchin: (Clue, Giroud never gets picked ahead of Benzema).
I

If Benzema is good enough to be first choice at Real for over 4 years, I'll quietly giggle as to whether he's good enough to dislodge a bloke who can't start a cup final ahead of Walcott, and has currently gone over 530 minutes without a league goal... :oops:
Benzema isn't coming.

officepest

Post by officepest »

Dzeko could be though..............

BBC just reported that Roma have had a £14m offer accepted by City.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:Are you saying that we are not operating on a higher level than Dortmund and Leverkusen (for example) ? Financially we would blow them out of the water (as proven by the huge wages being given out to average players :roll: ) and we play in the most popular league in the world - Dortmund have had a very successful period under klopp but even still they are not in our galaxy when it comes to profile, prestige and wealth and we should be well able to cherry pick a player from either of those clubs

I never said that we are on Madrid or barca's level, but I did argue that we are on the next tier and looking down at most clubs in europe
I understand your point and I am splitting hairs slightly but there's a reason players like Reus and Hummels have both committed their futures to Dortmund, though. United wanted Hummels but he wanted to stay at Dortmund. He could have probably doubled his money at United and got to play in the Premier League but he wasn't interested.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

So who's coming? :mrgreen:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

MrT wrote:
rodders999 wrote:I spent all summer waiting for us to sign a striker but if we spunk away a shit load of cash on Benzema I think I'll have a fucking nervous breakdown. Please for the love of Christ stay sell away from him.
I'm not seeing the logic here, Rodders. He is far superior to what we have, and with limited options available he is the obvious solution to the striker problem. As an added bonus, he will keep the 2 donkeys we have masquerading as strikers on the bench.
Off the field I think his attitude is questionable and there's a chance he'd be a disruptive influence on the dressing room. As for his ability, yes I would rate him as an upgrade on Giroud, although not the massive upgrade Lewandowski would be, but he's not the paciest nor could I see him threaten the 30 league goal a season mark that would see us have a serious rattle at the title. If 40-50 million is to be spent offer it to Bayern would be my opinion.

So it's a no from me :wink: