The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

MrT wrote:
What makes you think I've bought into the hype? I WATCH football. In an ideal world, Aguero and Suarez would be playing for us but it's not going to happen. What other options do you fantasise about that are actually realistic? I would be happy with Lewandowski but highly doubt Bayern would sell.

You have to be a pedantic bellend to nitpick this. Phil Neville is not a striker is he? We are comparing trophies they've helped their clubs win from the striker position. Benzema helped Lyon and Madrid win multiple League titles and the CL. This usually shows a certain pedigree and a winners mentality. Giroud has helped us win a couple of FA Cups...

Genuinely amazed the level of stupidity you have to possess to even think these 2 are on the same level.
Oh dear. Are you sure you're not ItchyBaba in disguise? :| You watch football? Wow. Well done. You might be surprised to find that most people on a football forum also watch football. I know - mental, huh?! :shock: :lol:

Now, my thinking is only a pedantic bellend would simply justify their argument by comparing what two players won with two different clubs, particularly if that same bellend has a history of being on here ranting and raving about how everything wrong at one of those clubs is Wenger's fault.

So the fact that Giroud plays for Wenger has nothing to do with what he has won? Would you now accept that? No? Don't agree? And the fact that Benzema has not played under Wenger but under Ancelloti and Moron-hio (managers I'd bet you consider better than Wenger right?) has nothing to do with what he in turn has won? Has the fact that Benzema played with far superior players than Giroud no bearing? Which is it then? Is it Wenger's fault? Or Giroud's fault? Would Benzema not suffer similarly under Wenger, the manager you blame for basically all our ills? Because tbh that would be one of my concerns if we signed Benzema.

So I'll just write it again for the slow amongst us; Benzema would appear to be an upgrade on Giroud, is certainly a faster better technical player, but hasn't shown that he could handle the PL. They have similar strike rates over the last 5 seasons, but Benzema achieved his goals whilst playing under better managers with better team mates. So whilst I'd certainly take a punt on him, I'd be reluctant to spend a mental amount to do so as he might well be the next DiMaria. We have no guarantee - although your posts imply we do.

Is. That. Clear. :lol: :roll:

At this point I'm genuinely amazed that someone can be as much of a dullard as you appear to be. Hope that doesn't upset you - would hate for you to feel the need to post another hilarious veiled threat (hidden as an offer to meet up to exchange opinions) like you did with kiwomya! :lol: :roll: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:Mr T, I honestly wouldn't bother trying to explain to anybody who has the slightest basic understanding if football, why Karim Benzema is a better striker than Olivier Giroud! The fact that insane tangents are then used to justify patently idiotic arguments (eg Neville has more caps than Wrighty, ergo he's better...errrr no. Benzema has won more, and performed to a higher level, and is consistently picked ahead of Giroud at international level.
Major Trophies mean nothing apparently, so that must mean that anyone thinking Benzems is superior to Giroud must only be looking at trophies - and hence must also believe that David May is a better player than Tony Adams (since he won more major medals lol).

This is almost certainly along the line of "logic" that Inter a Milan supporters criticism of Podolski had no merit because they're "racists".
Must be why Podolski is setting the world slight at, errrrm... Oh yeah Galatasaray!
:oops: :roll:
The depths of your stupidity never ceases to amaze me tbh. :lol: Your inability to hold a discussion without misquoting and deliberately ignoring what has been posted never surprises me though. :roll:

Now, sloooooowly, read my posts again. Then read your pathetic little rant. It's nonsensical. :lol: :oops:

Then seriously, go back to your football websites and quote the mongs that post comments on there. That's all you have. You have no knowledge beyond stating either the very obvious or the very incorrect, based on popular stupid opinions from those same comments section.
Problem is now it's the school holidays he will posting all fuckin day :roll: :wink: :lol:
Christ, I know. :| :roll: Maybe we'll strike lucky and tottingham will have a summer soccer school on or something? :lol: :wink:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:Mr T, I honestly wouldn't bother trying to explain to anybody who has the slightest basic understanding if football, why Karim Benzema is a better striker than Olivier Giroud! The fact that insane tangents are then used to justify patently idiotic arguments (eg Neville has more caps than Wrighty, ergo he's better...errrr no. Benzema has won more, and performed to a higher level, and is consistently picked ahead of Giroud at international level.
Major Trophies mean nothing apparently, so that must mean that anyone thinking Benzems is superior to Giroud must only be looking at trophies - and hence must also believe that David May is a better player than Tony Adams (since he won more major medals lol).

This is almost certainly along the line of "logic" that Inter a Milan supporters criticism of Podolski had no merit because they're "racists".
Must be why Podolski is setting the world slight at, errrrm... Oh yeah Galatasaray!
The depths of your stupidity never ceases to amaze me tbh. :lol: Your inability to hold a discussion without misquoting and deliberately ignoring what has been posted never surprises me though. :roll:

Now, sloooooowly, read my posts again. Then read your pathetic little rant. It's nonsensical. :lol: :oops:

Then seriously, go back to your football websites and quote the mongs that post comments on there. That's all you have. You have no knowledge beyond stating either the very obvious or the very incorrect, based on popular stupid opinions from those same comments section.
Understood! I shall submit to your endless font of football knowledge. You're definitely an example of insightful analysis, as demonstrated by your inability to refute facts without hissy fits, to claim that a football club with history (Inter) couldn't pass judgment on a player (Podolski) as a few of their fans were once saying racist things (you said this didn't you? Or is this also invented?). Funny, as I'm not the only one who "didn't understand" your spectacular "analysis" of Giroud v Benzema! But hey, you're right, it must take Stevie Hawking or a MENSA prime member to understand your incredible football insight.

My apologies.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Who was it a while back before he got banned said Kalou was joining us ,cos he read it somewhere.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Itchy, have a day off mate, and go and get a blow job or something. Might ease the tension a bit.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:When does this Transfer Window Close?

The reason I ask is so that any one of the Mods can get ready with the 'Trigger' and blow this pointless motherfuckin never gonna sign anyone of note thread into oblivion.

Just FUCKKOFF Wenger you clueless twat.
Come on OBG, you know as well as I do that as soon as this transfer thread shuts McD will open the new one :D

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Top Londoner wrote:Cheers DB10
It's always good to start the day with a smile.

WENGER OUT.
I quote Brad Pitt's stoner character Floyd from True Romance; "Don't condescend me, man. I'll fuckin' kill ya, man."

Oh, and get some beer and some cleaning products! :D :wink:

you're coming onto me again, huh?
sigh!
:shock: :D

WENGER OUT

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g60gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:When does this Transfer Window Close?

The reason I ask is so that any one of the Mods can get ready with the 'Trigger' and blow this pointless motherfuckin never gonna sign anyone of note thread into oblivion.

Just FUCKKOFF Wenger you clueless twat.
Come on OBG, you know as well as I do that as soon as this transfer thread shuts McD will open the new one :D
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Understood! I shall submit to your endless font of football knowledge. You're definitely an example of insightful analysis, as demonstrated by your inability to refute facts without hissy fits, to claim that a football club with history (Inter) couldn't pass judgment on a player (Podolski) as a few of their fans were once saying racist things (you said this didn't you? Or is this also invented?). Funny, as I'm not the only one who "didn't understand" your spectacular "analysis" of Giroud v Benzema! But hey, you're right, it must take Stevie Hawking or a MENSA prime member to understand your incredible football insight.

My apologies.
You could have just ended on the word "knowledge" in your second sentence. :D

But further to the Inter Milan related mis-quoting (again - this is getting very repetitive and boring :roll: ) what I actually said was I would not trust the judgement of FANS of that club (you'll recall you mentioned that Inter fans didn't rate Podolski - do try and keep up) as those same fans were the kind of people who are notorious for racially abusing oppo black players and indeed even their own black ex-players. Not "a few of their fans were once saying racist things" either - racism is endemic amongst a huge number of Italian club fans and Inter fans in particular. Christ just google it if your "in depth" knowledge of the European game has let you down. Again. :roll: :lol:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

g60gooner wrote:Itchy, have a day off mate, and go and get a blow job or something. Might ease the tension a bit.
He can't take the day off........who's gonna be here to remind us of how much Wally and Giroud earns between them and how many minutes Giroud has gone without scoring a league goal..... :roll:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

MegaGooner wrote:
g60gooner wrote:Itchy, have a day off mate, and go and get a blow job or something. Might ease the tension a bit.
He can't take the day off........who's gonna be here to remind us of how much Wally and Giroud earns between them and how many minutes Giroud has gone without scoring a league goal..... :roll:
I’m just guessing now because the information isn’t readily available, especially on this forum, but here goes:

Is it £270k and 530 + ? :?

:wink:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

officepest wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:
I’m just guessing now because the information isn’t readily available, especially on this forum, but here goes:

As you've said, this info isn't readily available, I wonder if someone on here could verify your "cultured guess"..... :lol:

:-P

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You have to stress league goals to be fair because he scored in the dying minutes of the cup final so in reality it's only been 5 seconds since he last scored for the club in a competitive fixture which would be a fairly shit reason to chastise the fucker :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

officepest wrote:
MegaGooner wrote:

Reckon it's months since Giroud scored a league goal. :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Benzema will be in London on Sunday and will sign a 4 year deal according to serial bullshitter Emanuele Giulianelli (@EmaGiulianelli)

Here are a few of his ''ITK'' tweets through the years. :lol: