The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I find Wenger's transfer business even more unusual this time round, if what Lord Harris said the other week is even a quarter true, we'd have about about £50M to spend taking into account the sales and then buying Cech, i'd estimate we still have in the region of £40-45M+ left and with the changes to the winnings structure for the CL we'll get about another £15M more than usual just for getting to the group stage.

He must be the only manager in history so absolutely sure of the strength of his current squad not to spend to strengthen, either that or does anyone know if Le Cock's contract includes bonus payments for money left in the bank :rubchin:

But seriously he can't honestly believe that after finishing so far behind Chavski last season and that with them, both Manc Scums and the Bin Dippers all strengthening that we don't need to do the same, you'd have to be seriously deluded wouldn't you???

It's gonna be a long 12 days guys :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:Italian side Palermo are interested in signing Arsenal’s Joel Campbell and are readying a £7 million bid, #arsenal via Gazetta dello Sport
10:09pm - 19 Aug 15

This is just my personal opinion. If this rumour is true, we should accept it and move on as JC doesn't offer us anything special and £7m would be good business.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

City sign Nicolas Otamendi Chelski to sign Pedro and we are linked to Sweet FA

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I would've sold walcott and got pedro. made a profit as well. Squad much improved in the process.

Still, what would the bench be without walcott?

:roll:

armchair

Post by armchair »

As far back as I can remember the club has always made available a"war chest" for buying players and as far back as I can remember Wenger has consistently refused to use it. He even went on record to say that if the club offered £100 million he would "give it back"

He likes the idea of not spending so the expectations are not so great and hey, if he does win something then he is hailed as a footballing visionary who unearths hidden talent and does it on a shoestring.

Win win for Wenger. :barscarf:

I dont know bout Sanchez but I firmly believe Ozil was signed with intense pressure from Gazidis and other board members after the Suarez embarrassment and falling season ticket projections.
Last edited by armchair on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

arseofacrow wrote:I would've sold walcott and got pedro. made a profit as well. Squad much improved in the process.

Still, what would the bench be without walcott?

:roll:
TBH not got a problem with Walcott scores goals and can play him on the wing and up front handy player to have was he worth his 40 grand pay rise is a different matter

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

swimmer1 wrote:City sign Nicolas Otamendi Chelski to sign Pedro and we are linked to Sweet FA
:shock: Sign him at once mate- Sweet FA will slot in nicely with our defernce- offering Sweet Fa as the answer to defensive frailties :barscarf:

Meanwhile Cavani is being pushed on Talkshite. Surely some strikers gotta come :oops:

Kvltman wrote:Only Everton have spent less than us this summer :banghead:

Even Bristol Cities financial clout have secured a 7m striker :oops:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

armchair wrote:As far back as I can remember the club has always made available a"war chest" for buying players and as far back as I can remember Wenger has consistently refused to use it. He even went on record to say that if the club offered £100 million he would "give it back"

He likes the idea of not spending so the expectations are not so great and hey, if he does win something then he is hailed as a footballing visionary who unearths hidden talent and does it on a shoestring.

Win win for Wenger. :barscarf:

I dont know bout Sanchez but I firmly believe Ozil was signed with intense pressure from Gazidis and other board members after the Suarez embarrassment and falling season ticket projections.
You're absolutely right of course - except that Wenker spends an absolute fortune on wages (for average players and his own average management :lol:)
He isn't in the PL to win it, he's a Chancer. The AKBs have used every excuse under the sun for years and he's had a fortune to spend for years and has ballsed it up. He's spent £42m on Ozil and blunted him by surrounding him with lumps of turd like Giroud and Sanogo. He constantly leaves Arsenal undermanned. This season it's with the mediocre Coquelin (who according to Gooners is a top holding mid lol), and Giroud up front - a position he's had several opportunities to rectify in the past 2 years: Diego Costa was available, Lewandowski was a FREE Ffs! Sami Khedira joined Juve on a free and he never even tried for him. 3rd or 4th again, maybe a domestic cup run. Rinse, repeat :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Day 51 in the Big Transfer Window House

Arsene is still sleeping. Meanwhile in London, Karim is having his imaginary medical

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Diego Costa was available, Lewandowski was a FREE Ffs! l:
really? :shock:

Considering how much you criticise arsenal, I'm surprised you're so confident those players would choose to play for arsenal over playing under mourinho at Chelsea and treble winners bayern Munich.

Hey, I'm surprised but you're right of course. You always are.

augie

Post by augie »

Signing khedira would have been a monumental mistake - a guy that spent much of his latter Madrid years on the treatment table, joins juve and is currently parked on their treatment table :roll:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

augie wrote:Signing khedira would have been a monumental mistake - a guy that spent much of his latter Madrid years on the treatment table, joins juve and is currently parked on their treatment table :roll:
I would still back him to play more games than Wilshere and Wellbad(remember him?)

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Most of Wenger's transfer activity (or lack of) is down to two reasons. 1. He knows that the clubs aim is to finish top 4, and with the current squad we will easily finish 4th. 2. There is no pressure from fans to make signings, infact we have some of our fan base trying to pretend that Giroud is the next Henry, and Coquelin is the next VIeira.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Has wenker considered thinking about contemplating dreaming about signing a virtual player yet?

:cry: :banghead: :cry: :banghead: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:Most of Wenger's transfer activity (or lack of) is down to two reasons. 1. He knows that the clubs aim is to finish top 4, and with the current squad we will easily finish 4th. 2. There is no pressure from fans to make signings, infact we have some of our fan base trying to pretend that Giroud is the next Henry, and Coquelin is the next VIeira.

Ye Feckin G Bag Gods Anyone thinking or even daring to imagine or pretend such a thing - should be hacked to death with a copy of Butcher's Monthly and their spare ragged parts thrown out of the window of a very fast speeding car down the Blackstock Road for the seagulls to tear at with their razor like beaks...then any remains of the flesh and bloodstains should be set on fire with a generous helping of petrol.