The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Redarmy »

Mr Wenger is certainly leaving it late if he is to add anyone, at this stage it is just luck and pieces dropping at the right time
Hes gambling big time, and i for one am not convinced he's not got a clue what he's doing

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gary Neville has fucked up any chance of Wenger signing anyone now

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Gary Neville has fucked up any chance of Wenger signing anyone now

And if I thought that le c.unt was intending to make some quality purchases (in the positions of need) then I would agree with you, but the reality is that it has always been very unlikely that he would do so and for that reason I am glad that Neville has absolutely slated the c.unt last night 8)

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Gary Neville has fucked up any chance of Wenger signing anyone now
Neville did not pull any punches left the other pundits speechless

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Have to say absolutely despise the Nevilles, Gary in particular, but the barstad is actually right in what he's saying

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

What did he say? I don't watch the cuunts after the game or even the half time cuunts for that matter :wink:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Neville did not say anything that has not been said on here, and fair play to him.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What did he say? I don't watch the cuunts after the game or even the half time cuunts for that matter :wink:

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9 ... -v-Neville

"When you don't win, you're wrong and people find reasons. Are they good reasons? I have enough experience to know when it's right and when it's wrong."

Neville was harsh in his criticism, saying: "To me it's arrogance. I think it's arrogance. I really do.

"To think that you are not going to adapt your team, to change to impact on the other teams that you're playing against and their strengths.

"It is either naive, or arrogance. Because they keep losing this way. Belief? It is mis-held belief.

"I've got great respect for Arsenal as a football club. Arsene Wenger's job is absolutely amazing.

"But I just cannot get my head around why he would not sign players of power to assist these talented players that you've got to enable them to win the league.

"It is the one big, if you like black mark, against Arsene Wenger in these last 10 years in terms of why he hasn't identified an issue with these types of players (points to Coquelin and Cazorla) - because they cannot win the league with them. It can't happen.

"I can't think of a word to describe that bunch. I could but it wouldn't be usable on television.

"They are certainly not what you want to win you a league, the powerful characters, the strength you need running through your team whether it's a Blackburn team or a Manchester City team with Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany."

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What did he say? I don't watch the cuunts after the game or even the half time cuunts for that matter :wink:
basically called Wenger an arrogant prick for not buying a DM to replace Veira

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Unfortunately because it was Neville it will just be brushed aside by the mad dictator and his disciples, especially as Henry defended him to the hilt, as would be expected

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

enjibenji wrote:Neville did not say anything that has not been said on here, and fair play to him.
It's about time the gormless hacks from the press that sit rimming Wenger every Friday grew a pair and like Neville and a few other of his TV counterparts actually grilled Wenger on his blatant shortcomings.

I wont hold my breath though :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

I posted this on the match thread prior to kick off -

Hell of a debate in the sky sports studio with henry, carragher and rat faced Neville - Neville is absolutely slating le cock over his refusal in the past decade to buy a physically dominating midfielder. He says that he acknowledges the lack of money available to him, but he highlighted a list of short arsed lightweight midfielders that he bought and he suggested that it is arrogance on le cocks behalf that he thinks that he can out football everyone :roll: Of course henry disagreed and used the word "belief" (wenker disciple and all that :roll: ) instead of arrogance and suggested that coquelin and cazorla are good enough to win the league :oops: Carragher might have played less of a role in the debate but he agreed with neville 8)

Henry was asked why le cock changed his system from the old 4-4-2 with two powerful midfielders, to what we are seeing in recent years - henry said that the change in mentality was when cesc came along and tbh I didn't like the way that he said it. He could have said that it changed because cesc was a class footballer that wenker built the team around to maximise his talent, but he never referred to his ability and talent, and just said that the change was all down to cesc :x
Again Neville pulled him on this and pointed out that moaninho bought cesc but put him alongside a dominant matic so that they would get the best out of cesc, and suggested that we could have done that instead of putting him alongside two small players in a bid to compensate the lack of 1 physical DM

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The title is still very much attainable (I know, I know but a guy can dream, ok? :oops: :-P ) and I think the signings of Cavani and one of Krychowiak/Lars Bender will not only boost that chance and strengthen the side but will also help us look a lot less miss-managed.

Now, the chances of ANY of what I just said happening are beyond all hope so...fuck it. :dance: :dance:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

I posted this on the match thread prior to kick off -

Hell of a debate in the sky sports studio with henry, carragher and rat faced Neville - Neville is absolutely slating le cock over his refusal in the past decade to buy a physically dominating midfielder. He says that he acknowledges the lack of money available to him, but he highlighted a list of short arsed lightweight midfielders that he bought and he suggested that it is arrogance on le cocks behalf that he thinks that he can out football everyone :roll: Of course henry disagreed and used the word "belief" (wenker disciple and all that :roll: ) instead of arrogance and suggested that coquelin and cazorla are good enough to win the league :oops: Carragher might have played less of a role in the debate but he agreed with neville 8)

Henry was asked why le cock changed his system from the old 4-4-2 with two powerful midfielders, to what we are seeing in recent years - henry said that the change in mentality was when cesc came along and tbh I didn't like the way that he said it. He could have said that it changed because cesc was a class footballer that wenker built the team around to maximise his talent, but he never referred to his ability and talent, and just said that the change was all down to cesc :x
Again Neville pulled him on this and pointed out that moaninho bought cesc but put him alongside a dominant matic so that they would get the best out of cesc, and suggested that we could have done that instead of putting him alongside two small players in a bid to compensate the lack of 1 physical DM
I thought they all got it partly right and partly wrong last night.

There's no doubt Wenger changed his style when Cesc broke into the first team. I think he certainly wanted to build the team around Cesc but he got it wrong as he also wanted to ape the BarcaWhore tippy tappy small mobile highly skilled CM model. Unfortunately he got it wrong and put below-standard-required type players like Song, Hleb and LegoHead in there beside Cesc.

Odd that Henry sounded as if there is no love lost between him and Cesc....

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

rodders999 wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Neville did not say anything that has not been said on here, and fair play to him.
It's about time the gormless hacks from the press that sit rimming Wenger every Friday grew a pair and like Neville and a few other of his TV counterparts actually grilled Wenger on his blatant shortcomings.

I wont hold my breath though :roll:
100 % agree rodders and ill be honest seeing henry trying to defend him was horribly cringe worthy