The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
swimmer1

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by swimmer1 »

g88ner wrote:This is getting silly - are we even being strongly linked to anyone? :shock:
Don't think he had any intention of getting anyone else in gets rid of pod,the French postman and Akpom on loan and replaces them with nobody reverse of our defenders in last season window

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

We have sold/released/loaned out at least a dozen players this window, and only Cech has come in. Young players/dead wood or not, you would think even a few would be replaced.

Surely that is the kind of business that can be identified and completed before the final few mad, trolley dash days of the window. Were we that over stocked with players that we could let that many go and not replace any of them?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Kvltman wrote:We have sold/released/loaned out at least a dozen players this window, and only Cech has come in. Young players/dead wood or not, you would think even a few would be replaced.

Surely that is the kind of business that can be identified and completed before the final few mad, trolley dash days of the window. Were we that over stocked with players that we could let that many go and not replace any of them?
Yes?

Such is the size of our bloated squad that those who have left (Podolski, Sanogo, Diaby, Zalalem, Chesney, Akpom etc) wouldn't have got a sniff at the first team. Even injuries to Wilshere, Welbeck and Rosicky haven't exposed the size of the squad.

However, sadly we're bloated in quantity not quality.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The club are too busy on twitter wishing a happy 91st birthday to our 6th choice right back from the 64/65 season to spend time on trivial shit like strengthening the squad.

They can all do a massive fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

HAVE WE SIGNED ANYONE YET....FFS.... :banghead:

WENGER, KRONKE and GAZADIS OUT!!!!

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Cavani :blah:

Higuain :blah:

So...Cech is our lot then. Why would we need to spend £50m quid on a striker when all we (as a club) aim to achieve is fourth?

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Can't wait to see big bird holding an Arsenal shirt on deadline day.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

I just went to always reliable Twitter to check the news and saw this..

Almost had a heart attack. Thank God I've seen the date on right bottom soon enough :shock: :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If anyone had said to me when the window opened we'd offload so many players and only sign one in which we weren't absolutely desperate I'd have said not even OGL was that stupid or blind as everyone else was bound to strengthen, looks like I could be wrong :)

C'mon though still about 26hrs to go, plenty of time for the team of people working 24/7 to come up trumps

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

The club are 22hrs away from me sending them a very strongly worded letter! :evil:

I'll still finish it with "Kind Regards, ...." though - I'm not a monster :proudtosay:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:If anyone had said to me when the window opened we'd offload so many players and only sign one in which we weren't absolutely desperate I'd have said not even OGL was that stupid or blind as everyone else was bound to strengthen, looks like I could be wrong :)

C'mon though still about 26hrs to go, plenty of time for the team of people working 24/7 to come up trumps
I think a lot of us on here told you that. :)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:Getting rid of Monreal - surely not?

He is very average but having persisted with him through months of appalling performances he has now finally come decent and is first choice. Wouldn't fetch much and our only other LB is made of fibreglass.
Source close to the club reckons he has signed a new deal with us !

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

StuartL wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Getting rid of Monreal - surely not?

He is very average but having persisted with him through months of appalling performances he has now finally come decent and is first choice. Wouldn't fetch much and our only other LB is made of fibreglass.
Source close to the club reckons he has signed a new deal with us !
Was that McD or Quartz? :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:The club are 22hrs away from me sending them a very strongly worded letter! :evil:

I'll still finish it with "Kind Regards, ...." though - I'm not a monster :proudtosay:

I think itchy is only waiting to give you advice on what to put in the letter :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Shsssh

Watching SSN like a fool actually hoping something will happen.