Chelsea (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Chelsea (A)

Post by Gunner Rob »

NO shots on target despite signing a £35 million attacking midfield player in Sanchez this summer.
how the fuck does Wenger get away with it???? :oops:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Guys can we cut out the death wish stuff please.

To cap off a great day we are 8th behind the scum and the spammers. :evil:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chippy wrote:Guys can we cut out the death wish stuff please.

Waiting for the AKBs to suggest this is down to the fact we've played Everton and Chelsea away, and City and Spuds at home.

Funny that when I suggested our early league table position last season was down to a quirk of the fixture list and our relatively easy start, I was shot down and told that we'd definitely progressed

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

donaldo71 wrote:It was men against boys again.Chelsea played well within themselves yet still beat us easily

As for Cesc i say good luck to him he is now playing for a manger who will win him the title just like RVP unlike our clown.Time for our deluded fans who sing One Arsene Wenger to wake up and smell the cofee.He was outclassed again by a real manager
This...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Waiting for the AKBs to suggest this is down to the fact we've played Everton and Chelsea away, and City and Spuds at home.

Funny that when I suggested our early league table position last season was down to a quirk of the fixture list and our relatively easy start, I was shot down and told that we'd definitely progressed
Cahill should have gone without a doubt - fucking awful tackle that unsurprisingly didn't get the castigation it deserved - and I don't doubt that this will form an excuse as to why we lost for many.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Cahill should have gone without a doubt - fucking awful tackle that unsurprisingly didn't get the castigation it deserved - and I don't doubt that this will form an excuse as to why we lost for many.
Koscielny could easily have walked too.....Hazard was about to roll it past Ches

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

More than any game I can remember this loss is completely, totally and utterly down to the Nutty Professor's tactics.

As soon as I saw Ozil out wide I sighed, lost interest and started self-harming.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GranadaJoe wrote:More than any game I can remember this loss is completely, totally and utterly down to the Nutty Professor's tactics.

As soon as I saw Ozil out wide I sighed, lost interest and started self-harming.
Yep less stick the industrious and energetic Ox on the bench and let the lazy, couldn't give a shit wonderboy take on the Chavs. Can someone tell me what the Ox did so badly wrong against Spurs to merit being relegated to the bench ?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I thought (for once) we actually looked to think about being hard to break down, looked like we were looking to get men behind the ball and stop the fullbacks from being so cavalier.

Was expecting a hammering tbh so 2 nil is better than I expected.

Said what I think about the Ozil problem in his own thread so it's pointless repeating it but it's a balls up and the manager needs to do what is best for the team one way or another because so far he's made a mess of it.

Though Wilshere showed a bit of spunk but sadly I'm not sure the rest of his game justifies him being so pivotal to how we set up, he did try to drive us on but the quality wasn't there for me especially in that first half, found him a bit heavy footed when it mattered most.

Chambers is a worry, with such a lack of defensive cover he can't go on getting booked every game.

Hazard was allowed to run through the heart of the team way too easily (although he was quite brilliant in the run for the pen) but can't help thinking that if we had a Matic or someone like that in the side he would have got dealt with before he got to Koscienly who did what Hazard wanted him to.

Disappointed but expected it although expected a lot worse.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SteveO 35 wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:More than any game I can remember this loss is completely, totally and utterly down to the Nutty Professor's tactics.

Yep less stick the industrious and energetic Ox on the bench and let the lazy, couldn't give a shit wonderboy take on the Chavs. Can someone tell me what the Ox did so badly wrong against Spurs to merit being relegated to the bench ?
He scored. :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I just lumped on a Chelsea win :oops:

felt it was easier than walking to the ATM :lol:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

When was the last time we scored from a 40yd pass on to a running striker?
We don't do it because Wenger would consider not pretty enough, in his mind we need at least 20 short passes just to get near their area to satisfy his purist ideals.
Unfortunately not all defences play with as many gaps or as much space as Galatasary.
If Ozil had played that pass Wenger would probably have fined him for not keeping the ball on the ground.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:When was the last time we scored from a 40yd pass on to a running striker?
We don't do it because Wenger would consider not pretty enough, in his mind we need at least 20 short passes just to get near their area to satisfy his purist ideals.
Unfortunately not all defences play with as many gaps or as much space as Galatasary.
If Ozil had played that pass Wenger would probably have fined him for not keeping the ball on the ground.
I watched the replay of that goal and there were five passes / touches after we lost it on the edge of their box till the ball ended up in our net
How dare they do that - have they not watched a poor man's Spain showing how football should be played?

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

I just lumped on a Chelsea win :oops:

felt it was easier than walking to the ATM :lol:
Nearly as predictable as the Southampton defeat, although those tight bastards at Ladbrokes cut the Saints down from their coupon price of 5/1 to 7/2, still a nice consolation though for sitting through an hour of Diaby.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:When was the last time we scored from a 40yd pass on to a running striker?
The teams from '98 - '04 scored these for fun. If it was good enough for Wenger then, what's different now?