Chelsea (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Chelsea (A)

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:More than any game I can remember this loss is completely, totally and utterly down to the Nutty Professor's tactics.

As soon as I saw Ozil out wide I sighed, lost interest and started self-harming.
Yep less stick the industrious and energetic Ox on the bench and let the lazy, couldn't give a shit wonderboy take on the Chavs. Can someone tell me what the Ox did so badly wrong against Spurs to merit being relegated to the bench ?
Just crazy. Ox would be one of the first names on the teamsheet against Chelsea. Playing Ozil and Cazorla together is not only a defensive liability, we are just not going to retain the ball enough and we are going to get dispossessed too easily. They might be great players around their box but when they're dropping well into our own half to receive the ball facing our goal then 9 times out of 10 they'll blindly flick the ball round the corner or get nudged off it. Unlike Chamberlain who will push opposition players about and will not only keep the ball but on occasions create space by spurting between 2 or 3 players.

And what the fuck was Szczesny doing again for their 2nd? Just fucking standing in no man's land, made a difficult finish for Costa with a bouncing ball easy by starting to come and then just standing there like a fucking clown on the penalty spot waiting to get lobbed. His concentration is fucking shocking, he gets bored and the longer the game goes on the worse his decision-making gets. I presume Ospina was injured today as not on the bench but I would love to see Szczesny bombed out for a while.

Contrast his apparent attitude with de Gea - in 2011/12 he looked like a kid well out of his depth, opposition targeted him and his defenders had no faith in him. Szczesny was a far better keeper but after half a season of very impressive performances amidst weekly defensive disasters he has gone steadily backwards since then, whereas de Gea has clearly worked hard on his aerial and communication weaknesses and is now an exemplary keeper and light years ahead of Szczesny.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

officepest wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:When was the last time we scored from a 40yd pass on to a running striker?
We don't do it because Wenger would consider not pretty enough, in his mind we need at least 20 short passes just to get near their area to satisfy his purist ideals.
Unfortunately not all defences play with as many gaps or as much space as Galatasary.
If Ozil had played that pass Wenger would probably have fined him for not keeping the ball on the ground.
The teams from '98 - '04 scored these for fun. If it was good enough for Wenger then, what's different now?
There is 800+ pages covering this on another thread.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Is now a good time to suggest that there really is.....

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

wenger showed today that he knows only two ways to play - totally open cavalier, or insipid spineless toothless.

those big wins in Milan and Turin now seem like another lifetime. :?

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Let me throw this hypothetical question into the debate.
If Maureen & Clueless swapped jobs over this international break and replayed this fixture on October 18th would it be the same result.
Would Maureen's Arsenal not have a single shot on target?
Would Clueless's Chelsea be so defensively sound?

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Chippy wrote:Guys can we cut out the death wish stuff please.

To cap off a great day we are 8th behind the scum and the spammers. :evil:
Waiting for the AKBs to suggest this is down to the fact we've played Everton and Chelsea away, and City and Spuds at home.

Funny that when I suggested our early league table position last season was down to a quirk of the fixture list and our relatively easy start, I was shot down and told that we'd definitely progressed
they learn from their cult leader Wonga, after the Dortmund match he said Dortmund must've had an easier game on Saturday!!! :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Let me throw this hypothetical question into the debate.
If Maureen & Clueless swapped jobs over this international break and replayed this fixture on October 18th would it be the same result.
Would Maureen's Arsenal not have a single shot on target?
Would Clueless's Chelsea be so defensively sound?
Costa would probably be playing left wing back for Magoo's Chavs

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

I thought we played well today. If Cahill had gone and should of, or the definite pen was given, could of Been a different storey.
Great tackle from Welbeck.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

afcforever wrote:I thought we played well today. If Cahill had gone and should of, or the definite pen was given, could of Been a different storey.
Sorry afcforever - I've told my dad to stop hacking into your account. Won't happen again mate

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chelsea's new statue

augie

Post by augie »

I cant be arsed to vent at the mo......when you are relieved to get away with a 2-0 beating, then you know that you are wasting your time hoping for success :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

afcforever wrote:I thought we played well today. If Cahill had gone and should of, or the definite pen was given, could of Been a different storey.
Stevo get your old man on here, needs a few more proper Arsenal supporters :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

afcforever wrote:
I must admit it would be fucking hilarious if he did come on here - he makes Swale look like Goonersid such is the love for There's Only One :D

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

SteveO 35 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
I must admit it would be fucking hilarious if he did come on here - he makes Swale look like Goonersid such is the love for There's Only One :D
As for Sid, Wilshire was superb again today.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

I can't believe the shit I read on here.