Chelsea (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Chelsea (A)

Post by wibble »

afcforever wrote:I can't believe the shit I read on here.
Unfortunately you can't block your own posts :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

wibble wrote:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Where's this fella been lately ?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Good article from one of the bosses. :bowing21: :bowing21:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... DGxUvldWUo

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Chippy wrote:
wibble wrote:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Chippy was it really that funny? :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

WUMming aside I thought Wilshere did well today. Looks better as always without Ramsey. Trying to cram the two of them into the same midfield is going to be the club equivalent of Lampard/Gerrard for England.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Chippy wrote:Good article from one of the bosses. :bowing21: :bowing21:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... DGxUvldWUo
One of the bosses :lol:

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

No neither can I, look at this one for instance. :oops:
afcforever wrote:I thought we played well today. If Cahill had gone and should of, or the definite pen was given, could of Been a different storey.
Great tackle from Welbeck.
Seriously? Just as bad as Cahills. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

For me wasn't as bad because it was a slide and small kick (despite steaming in at some pace). Cahill flew in straight over the ball with his studs, it was an ankle-leg breaker.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

northbank123 wrote:For me wasn't as bad because it was a slide and small kick (despite steaming in at some pace). Cahill flew in straight over the ball with his studs, it was an ankle-leg breaker.
Out of control and studs showing NB... how many times have we seen red cards produced for those?
The one thing it wasn't as far as I am concerned is a great tackle as AFC forever claimed it was.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Not sure if this was mentioned but it seems fab was given a hard time by our away support. Why? He wanted to come back but was denied by Wenger. Lets show a bit of class ffs.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned but it seems fab was given a hard time by our away support. Why? He wanted to come back but was denied by Wenger. Lets show a bit of class ffs.
Apparently got a good reception when they read his name out but that's pack mentality for you. A few people start booing and everyone's wound up, others join in.

Like those pathetic "She said no" chants last season at Old Trafford - I bet you half the people singing it would have strongly rejected the idea of singing that beforehand but just joined in with other people.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Delusion all around us..it may not have been 0-6, we may have been a bit more competitive but I think one factor is this timing of the game. In October Mourinho consolidates, in March he cuts loose. I know they did get six at Goodison but they won today playing at their ease , pace and leisure. I cannot understand anyone believing that we are any closer to them , in a more that one way we are further behind them. The two players that try drive us on were replaced by two that went through the motions when handed a chance in the League Cup game recently. That's 30 years experience I suppose. Thought Ox could have came on earlier.
It's more of the same, we may have avoided the humiliation on the scoreboard but we are a sorry lot if we take comfort in that.
p.s. pity Wenger didn't deck Mourinho today and force the board to sack him for conduct unbecoming of an Arsenal manager. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Dan_85 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:90 minutes without a shot on target - fantastic. We'll add it to that equally proud day in the Nou Camp
I believe that evening in Barcelona we actually had zero attempts on or off target. Yet still managed to score :lol:
If Super Nic's chance at the end had fell to the unluckily red carded RVP that night we would have amazingly gone through on away goals.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned but it seems fab was given a hard time by our away support. Why? He wanted to come back but was denied by Wenger. Lets show a bit of class ffs.

On the tv it sounded like there was a token booing by some fans but far from the majority - of course I wasn't at the game so I could be wrong