Chelsea (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Chelsea (A)

Post by Supagoon »

too good for us all over the pitch. Won't get beaten 6-0 but a 3-1 defeat I envisage.

They'll see more of the ball, but when we do attack they'll rinse us on the counter. We don't have the discipline or the awareness to stop them.

Play jack and Flamini as a two in front of the back four and hope. I would seriously consider dropping ozil for this, we need grafters and ball retention over the potential of assists. In fact I would leave him out.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Though I was there last year to see the demolition in person, and so it will live long in the memory, I am not so pessimistic as some. I think that we will score, as we are bound to create good chances, so it is just a question of what happens at the other end. If we can keep Hazard quiet (by seriously man-marking him?) then that's their major supply line cut off. Who could do that job best? Certainly not Flamini who would be red-carded before half-time. Maybe Chambers, who seems quite happy to get up close and personal with the oppo and doesn't give much away. Needs to be all over him for 90 minutes, and then you never know, Hazard might react and get himself sent off....

Forecast 1-2

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

I swore I would never go back after last year's humiliation.

But I have been talked into it.

It's a life sentence.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:We're gonna leave their ground feeling like we've had a night out in Bangkok with a wallet full of wonga.

We're gonna get royally fucked :cry:
And you'd know - we've all heard the stories about you getting your dirty little flesh wallet filled by the ladyboys in Bangkok, Spuddy! :lol: :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Block93 wrote:Though I was there last year to see the demolition in person, and so it will live long in the memory, I am not so pessimistic as some. I think that we will score, as we are bound to create good chances, so it is just a question of what happens at the other end. If we can keep Hazard quiet (by seriously man-marking him?) then that's their major supply line cut off. Who could do that job best? Certainly not Flamini who would be red-carded before half-time. Maybe Chambers, who seems quite happy to get up close and personal with the oppo and doesn't give much away. Needs to be all over him for 90 minutes, and then you never know, Hazard might react and get himself sent off....

Forecast 1-2
when has wonga ever had anyone man marked.

rapeage will occur. both holes and then in the mouth to finish off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Block93 wrote:Though I was there last year to see the demolition in person, and so it will live long in the memory, I am not so pessimistic as some. I think that we will score, as we are bound to create good chances, so it is just a question of what happens at the other end. If we can keep Hazard quiet (by seriously man-marking him?) then that's their major supply line cut off. Who could do that job best? Certainly not Flamini who would be red-carded before half-time. Maybe Chambers, who seems quite happy to get up close and personal with the oppo and doesn't give much away. Needs to be all over him for 90 minutes, and then you never know, Hazard might react and get himself sent off....

Forecast 1-2

:rubchin:

How many transexuals do we have on here??!! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

On paper, we have the team to give them a good game and perhaps sneak a win... but we all know that Wenger will still have Per defending from the half way line with half of the pitch's worth of space behind him and they will have 10 clear cut chances by half time.

We're going to get thrashed because of the same thing as every time - our defensive organisation. If we set the defence out in the correct manner and tried to frustrate them, knowing Welbeck/Alexis could create something at the other end.. we'd have a chance. But he simply won't play that way.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Forecast 1-2

i dunno - you, the ewok, augie ?

kidding. it was a metaphor for a complete and utter going over - think Belladonna or Ashley Blue... :wink:

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Gonna get destroyed.

Dutch10Gooner

Post by Dutch10Gooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Who to start next to Flamini?
Otherwise I think we will be overrun.
Wilshere should start, he's always pumped up for London Derbies.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Forecast 1-2

i dunno - you, the ewok, augie ?

kidding. it was a metaphor for a complete and utter going over - think Belladonna or Ashley Blue... :wink:
:lol:

I bet Rodders is thinking right now. With both hands. :lol: :wink:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

I looked for that particular metaphor in my book of 'Most Popular English Metaphors' (published by Collins, as it happens), and though I spent a long time searching, in case it was indexed incorrectly, I am yet to find it. Therefore, I intend to submit said new metaphor, for inclusion in the forthcoming revised edition. It may well replace the old chestnut of 'being taken to the cleaners', another phrase which amounts to the same thing, but which has particular relevance as to what might be needed post the activity so delicately described by my learned friend, below.

markyp

Post by markyp »

god I hate this fixture,total torture,humiliation,embarrassment,pain,misery,sums up the life of an Arsenal supporter these days.the massive failings of wenker will be exposed again,we have a squad on paper good enough to win the champions league but on the pitch with fuck all tactics and discipline we are light years short of even winning our own domestic league, god I hope Wenker is left squirming at the end of this,short term pain for long term gain,5-1 to Chavski

Cork City Exile

Re: Chelsea (A) - Selection made easier

Post by Cork City Exile »

Now that Ramsey is injured, surely its a case of putting Ozil in the no.10 position, Sanchez and the Ox out wide, Carzola middle, Flams holding. I hear people saying, one holding is not enough. But after last years meltdown we have no expectation on us.

We have to make sure we dont concede early, we cannot be chasing this game.
Sanchez is clearly the best thing since sliced bread. His performance against Galatasaray and every other team he's played against so far this season has been nothing short of amazing.

My prediction, Sanchez opens up those west London nazis and him and Welbeck do the business.
Meanwhile our defence falls apart and we lose 5-4.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One of the two fixtures I used to most look forward to along with a trip to Old Trafford.......now the two fixtures I absolutely dread.

So many fond memories of turning them over at their place and taking the piss out of their lack of history have been replaced by some of our most desperate days in recent times

Mourinho will have spent all week working out how he can exploit our lack of cover down the flanks and once the first one goes in I see nothing other than a comfortable victory for them. Would be amazed if we kept the gap down to 3 goals.

We'll tip tap about for 15 minutes having the bulk of possession.....miss one sitter....before finding ourselves 2 down by half time. Fucking dread this game