Chelsea (A)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Chelsea (A)

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm actually really pumped for this one - can't wait.

I have been particularly negative all season but I just think it could be a close game on Sunday.
still expect the team to probably lose but it certainly won't be another 0-6.

Chelsea is always the biggest game of the season for me - I like to consider them more our rivals rather than Spurs who I just always assume we will beat or at least not lose to.

Dutch10Gooner

Post by Dutch10Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:I'm actually really pumped for this one - can't wait.

I have been particularly negative all season but I just think it could be a close game on Sunday.

Chelsea is always the biggest game of the season for me - I like to consider them more our rivals rather than Spurs who I just always assume we will beat or at least not lose to.
Agreed, about time we put those rentboys in their place. Another 3-5 would be very nice.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry, mate - not having a pop here.... but do you mind me asking what age you are? I just don't understand how anyone could look on the chav as more of a rival than the vermin. We have no real history with the chav (indeed they have no history period!) as they are the new money, whereas we have a long bitter history with the vermin. Maybe it's a younger generation thing that have grown up watching the chav'$ (pimped) success? Is it now more relevant to this generation than just beating the vermin twice a year and finishing above them which was the be-all for my generation? Am I right in that or a SPUDMASHER'S waistline (million miles) away? :lol: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Sorry, mate - not having a pop here.... but do you mind me asking what age you are? I just don't understand how anyone could look on the chav as more of a rival than the vermin. We have no real history with the chav (indeed they have no history period!) as they are the new money, whereas we have a long bitter history with the vermin. Maybe it's a younger generation thing that have grown up watching the chav'$ (pimped) success? Is it now more relevant to this generation than just beating the vermin twice a year and finishing above them which was the be-all for my generation? Am I right in that or a SPUDMASHER'S waistline (million miles) away? :lol: :wink:
I have just hit the big 4 0 so I suppose I should say Spurs really.
I think it is maybe more the fact that for the past 15 years I have lived in a Chelsea supporting area so victory over them if i see the game in a local pub is that much sweeter. To be honest for the past 20 years I have tried to look at Spurs as some sort of low life irrelevance. Two games v them is more like swatting away a pesky fly rather than tackling the big boys, Chelsea, City, and United (who we still can't beat)

The Gascoigne free kick which led to the semi final defeat way back in 1991 was the last real pain that Spurs inflicted on us, whereas the Wayne Bridge goal for Chelsea in 2004 I still don't think I have got over...

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

kiwomya wrote:In recent years Chelsea normally always beat us but come on don't act like we get mauled by them each time. Reading this thread you'd have thought we were turned over 5 and 6 nil every game.
i thinks its more the 6-0 chavs, 5-1 mousers, 4-0 Everton, losses that have made some of us think 'ere we go again''....

that and the 1 win in 20 against the top five in the last two years and 0 wins in 11 against mourinho.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Youre the antidote for 1989 Rob :lol:

Starting to feel a bit less negative about this one, and agree that the pace of Sanchez Danny and Ox would be great to put them under pressure.

I do fear that Callum could end up with another yellow though. Maybe Bellerin will make an appearance with his pace too

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

Gunner Rob wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I have lived in a Chelsea supporting area
Where are you from, mate? The Middle East or Africa? :D

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

It's one thing being 'pumped up' for this game, but is there any real confidence we can get anything out of this game.
I have read one or two articles with Per & OAC (I think) expecting us to get 'a better result' at the Bridge this time, not saying much, it couldn't be much worse.
No real braggadocio from any player yet, but we still have Saturdays press.
Would be a fascinating post match interview with AW if we got another nose picking, zip fiddling, arms flapping 6 love spanking.
Last edited by foxinthebox2001 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

RespectTheUmlaut wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I have lived in a Chelsea supporting area
Where are you from, mate? The Middle East or Africa? :D
i was going to say Surrey...

i grew up and went to school in Slough, an area split between The Arsenal, chavs and QPR - so i have the reverse, i just can't hate them that much - i hate individuals there and their noveau fans, and i hate losing every year to them but that i put down to wonga. I continue to respect Mourinho as a manager even though hes a dick.

traditionally, the Arsenal and Chelsea support used to mix a lot, we'd go to their games and them to ours - mainly cos they were never rivals, in Paris in 1995 i had chelsea mates come with, and to Cardiff in 2001, plus one of my locals was run by Peter Osgood and Ian Hutchinson.

tbf to my mates, after last years loss they didn't gloat cos they know how fucked off we are with wonga, the texts i got were more "oh dear...", "sorry mate" & " that must sting a bit"....

i'll never hate them as much as the spuds, united, leeds, and liverpool fans.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

There's nothing to suggest we won't give up any less than 3 goals. Mourinho owns wenger. We suck on the road vs good teams. And Chelsea in particular have dominated us. Plus they're really good this year.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I've never had to encounter chelsea fans growing up in harringey, but as soon as I set foot in their ground that quickly changed and I fucking detest them.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I've never had to encounter chelsea fans growing up in harringey, but as soon as I set foot in their ground that quickly changed and I fucking detest them.
Thats the thing I hate about Chelsea now,for me growing up in Hoxton/Shoreditch as a kid in the 70s and 80s I never ever saw 1 Chelsea shirt or knew any other kid who supported Chelsea,now they all seem to have supported them "for 30 years",c*nts all of them..........

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

We are shit. They are quite good,we have no spine and a manager who has no idea about tactics. If we lose by less than 4 then that's improvement. At least the Grand Prix is on earlier.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

jamjc64 wrote:We are shit. They are quite good,we have no spine and a manager who has no idea about tactics. If we lose by less than 4 then that's improvement. At least the Grand Prix is on earlier.

Maybe Fabregas will be watching it rather than orchestrating a mauling against us.

1-2 Sanchez and Welbz :barscarf:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don't see a bumholing on the scale of anything like last year. As dreadful as we were, as much as Wenger is a banker for another tactical disaster, as much as I think this team still has a like real bottlejob complex when it comes to the big games - just about everything that went wrong last year did. Normally we'd play that bad and we'd be out the game by half-time but would just roll to a limp 2-0 or 3-0.

I'm sure we'll lose, I'm sure we'll let ourselves down, but it won't be 6-0. 2-0, 2-1, 3-1: that sort of territory.