Anderlecht Away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Anderlecht Away match thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

defleppardisking wrote:
silus wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:I saw Sanchez keep shaking his head after the final whistle. Could it be he feel disgusted by our performance or he's thinking what have I done by becoming an arsenal player?
I saw that....i think he was shaking his head at the way the rest of the team were celebrating and thinking "why the fuck are they so happy about scraping a win against that shit"

Please don't leave Alexis.
If we keep putting out performance like this it would be a matter of time before Sanchez leaves.
I rewinded it back there and he's in a conversation with someone.

Anyone would celebrate that win because of the manner it was won

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Pl legends: Pires on ss1

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I'm getting old and grey with lapses in memory. Can someone tell me when was the last time our full back scored from a cross by our other full back?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Alexis effort is world class.

my only hope is that wonga leaves before he does - chambers, welbeck and Ramsay too.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

My heart sank when I switched on the TV and saw how we'd set up:

- Wilshere and Ramsey together
- Cazorla out wide, away in Europe
- No number 10 and a lone forward

What the fuck has ever happened to convince him that any of those were ever a good idea?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Needs what many have said for years - shake up the way we train and emphasis on tippy tappy and threading the ball through the eye of a needle.

I really think it is going to be Walcott, The Ox and Gnabry who match Sanchez's ambitions and style of play.
well said - but i'd add Welbeck and Chambers and potentially Bellerin. Caz can be hit or miss, same as Ramsay - but we will never know just how good these palyers could be until they are given a game plan, are organized and are taught to work together as a team.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Meh.....

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

everything about our set up was wrong, the defence was amateur for most of the second half and ramsey was at his worst tonight, which I hate saying because I really want the kid to do well.

but when that winner went in all my bitterness and anger towards the cu nt in charge evaporated and I was fucking relieved.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Paul Merson said it how it was, he was embarrassed by our team, the team he loves.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

What a load of 'bollocks' that was. Win is all that matters - I don't think so !!. We played rubbish against a very poor side & should have been 3 down by the end. Plodolski coming on & scoring the winner makes it even worse as he may be used again instead of being sold in January. Never mind - I still love em & will be back watching at the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Midz wrote:Paul Merson said it how it was, he was embarrassed by our team, the team he loves.
He did, Merson was spot on and has been the last few times I've listened to him.

Although until very recently he was one of the countless people who would moan about everything but then any question arising about Wenger he would scoff at.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Dreadful...lucky...got absolutely no joy from that win.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Needs what many have said for years - shake up the way we train and emphasis on tippy tappy and threading the ball through the eye of a needle.

I really think it is going to be Walcott, The Ox and Gnabry who match Sanchez's ambitions and style of play.
well said - but i'd add Welbeck and Chambers and potentially Bellerin. Caz can be hit or miss, same as Ramsay - but we will never know just how good these palyers could be until they are given a game plan, are organized and are taught to work together as a team.
Yeah, it's above all about attitude and bottle and a willingness to push forward and shoot rather than drift around and pass sideways.

I think we do have most of the players needed, but our coaching and style of play is choking them.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Brutal stuff.Wilshire and Ramsay atrocious, Cazorla gave another masterclass in hitting the wall, hitting the first man, and fucking about.Throw in Flamini and on their night, you have the midfield from hell.Feel sorry for Alexis, he shouldn't have to try and play with that sort of crap.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Brady's left peg wrote:Meh.....
Exactly how I feel. We won, great. It means nothing. We have no chance of winning the competition and it gets Wenger off the hook, again.

Imagine if we come up against Real Madrid, it's gonna be carnage.