Mackems (A) match thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Mackems (A) match thread.

Post by Bradywasking »

I must admit to having a degree of sympathy for Mannone...He has had a horrible time in two games and had a nightmare moment yesterday but not one of his team mates went to him after the game , at least his ex team mates did.
On the game it was predictably poor with the best team winning. Sanchez is head and shoulders above anybody on that pitch yesterday. Another late goal for Arsenal..Wenger must take credit for his "gamble of selling Mannone to Sunderland" for that goal.
When you see the sense of purpose that teams like Southampton and even Hull go about their business you have to worry about Arsenal..I don't believe its down to lack of effort or talent, just down to setting up for and applying yourself to the game.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

You have to wonder at what situation will bring on a 'grab the game by the scruff of the kneck' type performance, right now I can't see one.

In the week after going a goal down it seemed the same casual style, I thought after getting let off the hook we would go for Sunderland with a new found confidence but no, more slow predictable shit.

Post by 1989 »

Sánchez is a fucking hero and is dragging us through games single handedly. Our very own Luis Suárez.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

We won by mistakes but a win is a win.

Watching the game there it was obvious Sanchez is a step ahead of everyone a little pocket rocket all game a fantastic player!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I was down at this and as predicted they were shite we were shite and the game was a load of shite :barscarf: Sanchez is in a different class though 8) I knew he was good before but watching him live you see how much he does for the team 8) he covers every blade of grass.Id give passmarks to per and chambers the rest were average at best.Wellbeck was way too deep at times he put a shift in though.And as for cazorlas shooting :oops: words fail me :oops:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Bradywasking wrote:I must admit to having a degree of sympathy for Mannone...He has had a horrible time in two games and had a nightmare moment yesterday but not one of his team mates went to him after the game , at least his ex team mates did.
On the game it was predictably poor with the best team winning. Sanchez is head and shoulders above anybody on that pitch yesterday. Another late goal for Arsenal..Wenger must take credit for his "gamble of selling Mannone to Sunderland" for that goal.
When you see the sense of purpose that teams like Southampton and even Hull go about their business you have to worry about Arsenal..I don't believe its down to lack of effort or talent, just down to setting up for and applying yourself to the game.
I always thought the biggest problem with Mannone was how poorly he responded to making a fuck up. When he first comes into the side he always looked decent, I remember one particularly excellent point-winning performance at Fulham. However, as soon as he has a bad game he seems to follow it up with another, it's like his confidence drains away in one go. Unless he sorts it out he won't make it at the top level.