Anderlecht at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Anderlecht at home

Post by markyp »

up there with our capitulation at Newcastle and at home to spuds in 08,what a shower of shit,i feel so sorry for Sanchez,a shining jewel amongst a pile of shit,WENKER OUT :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

A really disgraceful performance yet again.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Now look, I'm not going to listen to all this negative stuff. We all know that 3-0 is a very dangerous lead in football..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Now look, I'm not going to listen to all this negative stuff. We all know that 3-0 is a very dangerous lead in football..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

We're all angry and frustrated but none of us should be surprised. As Merson said we are tactically clueless, or at least the French bloke is.
He has one way of playing and that will win everytime, or at least that is what he thinks in his own little world. Thing is, its good enough to beat Burnley but any manager worth his salt, will overcome Arsenal as has been shown time and tme again.
We have good players throughout the team but a manager who is now out of his depth. With a Mourinho or Guardiola in charge this set of players would be challenging for titles.
Unfortunately for us while he is in charge the FA Cup is the extent of what we can win.
Sanchez (and Ozil) must be wondering what they have done signing for us.................................

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Reportedly Wenker refused to shake hands with his opposite number, he really is the most ungracious, pathetic,embarrassing excuse for a human being.
Fuck off Wenker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:Reportedly Wenker refused to shake hands with his opposite number, he really is the most ungracious, pathetic,embarrassing excuse for a human being.
This is true. Just shot off straight down the tunnel. Pathetic, really. :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sanchez must be wondering what the fuck he has joined

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Pathetic, but not even at all surprising. It was obvious what would happen as soon as they got the first goal back. The same shit we've been seeing for years and years, Arsenal capitulating & bottling it as soon as the pressure is on.

As has been mentioned, you feel sorry for Sanchez - and also Ozil to a degree. These dudes are off plying their trades in Spain & they don't really follow Arsenal all that closely. They hear the name Arsene Wenger & in the back of their minds they still think he's a genius, and everything over in Islington is still the same as it was in 2004. So they sign up. Now they're here they get to see the reality of the BS that's been going on for the last 7/8 years.

Defence-wise, yes its a shambles. I want us to sign proper defenders of course but i'm not even convinced that's the problem anymore. I think we could sign 3 or 4 proper new CBs and still see the same stupid defensive lapses. The problem is that defence is not taught or coached properly at Arsenal. Get Keown in and let him work with Bould and actually give them the freedom to coach defence. For all the photo sets that AFC are happy to post up of "Here's the boys training before xxxxx game...." i've never once seen any photos on these pages where defenders appear to be working on shape, positioning, defensive routines. They simply don't do it in training. What do they do? Lots of jogging, stretching, tiki taka one touch passing games. Why is nobody pulling the defence aside and saying "OK you guys are defenders, let's work on our defensive game." Well, we know why of course. Arsene Wenger.

I'm fucking sick of this groundhog bullshit.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

that is the point - it doesnt matter how much Wenger spends, doesnt matter how many players he buys - we will still be shit because he has not a clue how to manage the team anymore

our biggest win after 3 months this season is against...Sunderland :oops: who are 15th in the PL.
the 3 others were v Villa (16th) Palace (17th) and Burnley (20th)

based on this we might be struggling to win another game until Boxing Day v QPR...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Chippy wrote:Let's be honest the whole footballing world knew what Merse was saying. It's like in commentary when they say "won the foul" = dived, "took a yellow for the team" = bad foul. "Tactically clueless" means the manager is a twat. :mrgreen:
Yes we all knew it but someone needs to be the first to actually say it.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:Sanchez must be wondering what the fuck he has joined
Thought that on Saturday at 0-0 against free spending Burnley... he wont stay and who can blame him.. ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:Reportedly Wenker refused to shake hands with his opposite number, he really is the most ungracious, pathetic,embarrassing excuse for a human being.
Saw that after the game, felt it was disgusting . Phil Thompson slated Rodgers pre game saying that he is manager of Liverpool and has a responsibility to the club. (paraphrasing there) over selection issues. Well Wenger has a responsibility to Arsenal and the proud tradition that we as a club do things correctly. Not that Wenger is the only one that has let that standard slip, but as manager he must take a lead on it...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need a proper journo with a pair of balls - someone like Jacqui Oatley - to ask him Why? he didn't shake hands with the Anderlecht manager...No one will though - none of them have the Guts or Intengrity...

Just Fuck off wenger you hypocritical Liar. :cussing:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Dan_85 wrote:Pathetic, but not even at all surprising. It was obvious what would happen as soon as they got the first goal back. The same shit we've been seeing for years and years, Arsenal capitulating & bottling it as soon as the pressure is on.

As has been mentioned, you feel sorry for Sanchez - and also Ozil to a degree. These dudes are off plying their trades in Spain & they don't really follow Arsenal all that closely. They hear the name Arsene Wenger & in the back of their minds they still think he's a genius, and everything over in Islington is still the same as it was in 2004. So they sign up. Now they're here they get to see the reality of the BS that's been going on for the last 7/8 years.

Defence-wise, yes its a shambles. I want us to sign proper defenders of course but i'm not even convinced that's the problem anymore. I think we could sign 3 or 4 proper new CBs and still see the same stupid defensive lapses. The problem is that defence is not taught or coached properly at Arsenal. Get Keown in and let him work with Bould and actually give them the freedom to coach defence. For all the photo sets that AFC are happy to post up of "Here's the boys training before xxxxx game...." i've never once seen any photos on these pages where defenders appear to be working on shape, positioning, defensive routines. They simply don't do it in training. What do they do? Lots of jogging, stretching, tiki taka one touch passing games. Why is nobody pulling the defence aside and saying "OK you guys are defenders, let's work on our defensive game." Well, we know why of course. Arsene Wenger.

I'm fucking sick of this groundhog bullshit.
The line that will always stick in my mind is when Cesc moved to Spain and said something along the lines of, 'Since I've come to Barca I've learned so much about how to defend'

I know I've not worked for 30 years in football but what's more embarrassing is that after that infamous put down to a journo our so wonderful Manager still hasn't worked out that outscoring the other team will not neccesarily win you the game. You also have to concede fewer goals.

As soon as the Ox's goal went in he should have been in his technical area barking instructions to the leaders on the pitch telling them.........oh hang on I forgot, we don't have leaders and we don't have a Manager who can close out a game instead of letting his midfielders believe it's open season to fill their boots.

Just can't stand to look at his face anymore or listen to his voice. :banghead: