Justice For The Archway One Updates

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
physician

Justice For The Archway One Updates

Post by physician »

Arsenal FC Legal team have written to The Archway One's Solicitors stating that Mick has breached his 'Emirates Stadium Ban' by attending away matches at Dortmund & Chelsea - They say they will take this into account when reviewing his ban in 2018!!!!!

These matches were NOT at the Emirates & he didn't BUY ANY TICKETS DIRECT FROM ARSENAL!!

Talk about move the goalposts.......Just as bad as WPC Lucy McAuley-Burnett who ignored Judge's ruling over ban & instructed Arsenal to issue ban.

You just can't win with some people!!!!

‪#‎J4TA1

physician

IAN WRIGHT SHOWS HIS SUPPORT FOR #J4TA1 CAMPAIGN

Post by physician »

physician

ISLINGTON BOXING CLUB BANNED FROM THE EMIRATES

Post by physician »

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Re: Justice For The Archway One Updates

Post by gooner.ed »

Right, a previous thread or two on this subject became a contentious issue when they were unlocked and open for comment, resulting in the trading of personal insults and veiled threats. Because of this, as it looked like things were escalating, the threads were taken down by the moderators rather than remain on public display.

This new thread is now for information only, as I am not taking the chance of a repeat. Going forward, if other threads on this subject are started to begin hurling abuse or making threats, the relevant poster will be suspended. This thread remains locked, but if updates for information purposes are required, the poster should send me a PM and I will post the text for them.

Due to what has gone on before, I have to limit this topic to information about the campaign, rather than a debate about the character of Mick Docherty, as - in terms of rules and procedure - that is not the issue here. Jeremy Corbyn MP might not choose to go on an away trip to Chelsea with Mick, but he is willing to campaign for his right to attend a football match at Arsenal on principle. Given that, I have no issue with relaying information about his campaign for re-instatement of his season ticket and use of the Emirates Stadium for his boxing events on this forum.

What I am not prepared to do is take the risk that someone is going to pour fuel on the fire, as users have shown before that from behind the safety of their keyboard, they are keen to inflame things by slagging off an individual they have never met.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Latest Update:

This week's Irish Post have run the following story:

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/arsenal ... tadium-ban

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Latest Update on the Campaign -

Mick (The Archway One) is meeting The Independent Football Ombudsman on 27th January in regard to his investigation into Arsenal's decision to issue an ban to Mick based on inaccurate information received by a renegade police officer. Should you wish to help boost the petition to over 3,000 signatures by this date, click on the link below, and share with your friends.

https://www.change.org/p/arsenal-footba ... rchway-one

physician

IFO ADJUDICATION IN THE ARCHWAY ONE CASE

Post by physician »

Finally The IFO's Adjudication in the case of 'The Archway One'

http://www.theifo.co.uk/adjudications/ARSENALBAN3-1.pdf

Main points being that

1) The IFO recommends that my 'Emirates Stadium Ban' is rescinded at the beginning of next season (August 2015).

2) The IFO recommends that Arsenal FC reviews its disciplinary
procedure for serious cases (where a ban of more than a year is
imposed), with a view to introducing an appeal stage or the opportunity
for a personal hearing.

3) Due the Club's lack of communication to me throughout this saga - The Club should review the history of this case to evaluate whether its communication practice could be more forthcoming.

JUSTICE FOR THE ARCHWAY ONE!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Campaign update emailed to me as follows:

Finally The IFO's Adjudication in the case of 'The Archway One'

http://www.theifo.co.uk/adjudications/ARSENALBAN3-1.pdf

Main points being that

1) The IFO recommends that my 'Emirates Stadium Ban' is rescinded at the beginning of next season (August 2015).

2) The IFO recommends that Arsenal FC reviews its disciplinary
procedure for serious cases (where a ban of more than a year is
imposed), with a view to introducing an appeal stage or the opportunity
for a personal hearing.

3) Due the Club's lack of communication to me throughout this saga - The Club should review the history of this case to evaluate whether its communication practice could be more forthcoming.

JUSTICE FOR THE ARCHWAY ONE!

Eboue-Why?

Re: IFO ADJUDICATION IN THE ARCHWAY ONE CASE

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Well done mate but FFS keep your head down for a while!!

REB

Post by REB »

good news, the police have too much power , the way they lied is so wrong and the club should be ashamed the way the treated the archway one.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Good luck to you mate, all the best

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Well done for standing up for yourself..the club and police should be ashamed, no doubt there wont be any investigation or disciplinary proceedings against those we acted wrongly...?

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Well done. Welcome back next season.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

So, is it fair to assume that the club will agree with these recommendations and remove the ban? They don't actually have to, although having read the report it would seem wrong not to.

It does say that the club will liaise with police before making a decision.

physician

FSF USE ARSENAL AS AN EXAMPLE OF TREATING FANS UNFAIRLY

Post by physician »

The Football Supporters Federation highlight the case of The Archway One as an example of the mistreatment of fans by football clubs & the lack of protection afforded to them by the legal system. ‪#‎J4TA1

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/ifo-no- ... ns-faircop