Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Theoperator

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by Theoperator »

TheCook wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:Apparently the protest is off for Saturday due to the Old Bill: https://twitter.com/WObrigade
over 500 expected, blimey. :shock:

imho they shouldn't have told the OB - that CJA is a denial of our basic rights given to us under the Magna Carta - the right to peaceful assembly.

btw that list of "wengers worst defeats is shocking - i had forgotten about the loss to Braga etc
Haha, 'told the OB' - no chance they did. AFC are currently monitoring all social media to understand what is going on - simple things like searching the hashtag #wengerout will tell them what they need to know - plus the Police liason (or whatever they are called now) will be doing the same thing - I suspect the organisers were directly contacted and told they could not organise such a large gathering with minimal notice - an east thing for the Met to justify.
Not so sure Cook, would the police liaison really be monitoring #Wengerout, and since there has been absolutely no protest with more than 4 people as yet involved (2 or 3 holding a banner, 4 men and a dog at the station) how would they have possibly twigged that 500 would turn up :shock:

Seems pretty much nailed on that AFC have done it- totally stupid IMHO, it will if anything up the ante hugely.

Given the banner was temporarily confiscated last night I really wouldnt put too much past AFC. Its all part of the corporate bubble Quartz accurately summerised the other day.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

seriously at one point do the club realise that actually it might actually be a damn sight easier just to go with a new manager?

it doesnt really matter now whether you are Wenger OUT or Wenger IN, the point is that the fanbase is totally split which will prevent the club from progressing.

the club motto is supposed to be "victory through harmony"
surely this can only be achieved by removing the manager ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It would only swing the other way , First few defeats and it would be " we want our Wenger back ".

augie

Post by augie »

I am seriously, seriously getting fcuked off with this club - if people feel that the stoke train station incident will galvanise the akb, then banning the parade should have the wob outraged. I don't think that I have ever been as angry at the club as I am right now - outlawing the banner inside the ground, getting the banner confiscated last night in turkey and now getting the cops to block a PEACEFUL protest parade is a scandal and right now I would love to see the ground being burned to the ground and if some of the club gestapo are in it at the time then so be it :evil: :evil: :evil:

Be interesting to see how the club and the cops react to a spontaneous protest inside and outside the ground on Saturday - the media should be made aware of the gestapo actions of the club cos it sure as hell hasn't happened at any other club :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

How about you all march down the seven sisters road to the shit hole, buy a nice blue and white scarf and stay there :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

afcforever wrote:How about you all march down the seven sisters road to the shit hole, buy a nice blue and white scarf and stay there :D
Calm down Chelsea boy, calm down

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

SteveO 35 wrote:
afcforever wrote:How about you all march down the seven sisters road to the shit hole, buy a nice blue and white scarf and stay there :D
Fuck me yeah I forgot were playing tonight, what the fuck am I doing on here :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
the club motto is supposed to be "victory through harmony"
surely this can only be achieved by removing the manager ?

good point.

:barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

here you go chaps, print a few of these off :wink:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

afcforever wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fuck me yeah I forgot were playing tonight, what the fuck am I doing on here :lol:
:lol:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

officepest wrote:
afcforever wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Office pest by name, office pest by nature :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

afcforever wrote:
officepest wrote:
afcforever wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Office pest by name, office pest by nature :lol:
:high5:

See? We can be friends. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Club and Islington Filth are joined at the Hip, I speak from experience here , they have their own Office @ the emirates and the liaison Officer spends most of his or her time there .
The club as we know from many years back treat the supporters like they are children to be controlled Dibble helps in this .

However it is pure Bollocks to suggest they would try and stop you Marching !
If the Organisers have called it off it is because they fear that no-one will turn up or haven't made enough efforts to garner support.
The words Piss up and Brewery spring to mind .

augie

Post by augie »

When you hear about the cops banning the protest march, you know deep down that it is because the club have exerted pressure to do so and straight away it gets you thinking about the alleged collusion between the club and the cops over the stadium ban on mick doherty. This is not the club I grew up loving and for all those proclaiming that their love for AFC supercedes everything else, can I suggest that you look closely at the club cos unless you are a jcl (in which case your opinions dont count for a whole lot with me) you would have to accept thatthe club you once knew is gone forever and with it any rapport and feeling of belonging that existed between the club and fans :cry:

Btw why do the suggested banners refer to judging le cock every may since 2010 ? Are we saying that he has only gone to shit since 2010 ? :shock: The man has been utter toilet for a lot longer than that and suggesting 2010 is letting him away very lightly imo

gra001

Post by gra001 »

How about we print a lot of Wenger Out cards, give them to the Newcastle fans to hold up, how good would that be !!!

I'm sure if asked they would do this as they know how we feel in getting a manager out..

What would the Stewards do then ? kick & Remove every Newcastle fan, imagine the publicity if this was to happen!!
Brilliant !!! Paper headlines," Newcastle fans hold up Wenger out cards as Arsenal fans been told they will be removed
if any banners or cards are shown...

What do you think guy's ? that would fuck them right up !!!!!¬