Anti-Wenger Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

Re: Anti-Wenger Protest

Post by REB »

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

REB wrote:http://shewore.com/

good read.
this.

It costs very little to print or write on an A4 sheet of paper with the words WENGER OUT on it (for example), it costs very little if half a dozen of you get a small banner made up between you and I’m very sure by the messages we have received the other more imaginative of you can think of other things to do, just remember please don’t do anything that could lead to an arrest. I’m very sure if you did this before/during/after the next few games you will soon find people on the streets and in the ground who will join you. Pass out the A4 sheets to people on the trains and buses, in the streets, in the pubs (or latte bar) and to people who sit around you, empower yourselves and the people around you.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

that's great to read, if I were going to a game, would gladly hold up a wenger out message. :twisted:

gra001

Post by gra001 »

REB wrote:shewore doing some stuff on facebook and maybe someone from the BSM might come on here and post something, i have tweeted highbury harold so im hoping he will .
Be Good to here from them, spreading the word is " powefull" " Wenger out " his taking us down the shit lane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i think we have to protest now, otherwise there's a very good chance that he will a) pick his own successor :banghead: and/or b) be put over the head of the new 'coach' as Director of Football, giving him control of transfers, tactics and player development.

hanging around until 2017 hoping that he leaves the club completely is not going to do it. protest now and keep protesting - its the only way to remove his influence on the club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fair play to Glenn for getting this going - never one to knock a man's ambition. But I remain of the opinion that a couple of hundred protestors will not deter the wig wearing c u n t on his single handed mission to destroy 126 years of history.

The boxes keep selling (Quartz's comments on this are factually incorrect), club level sells out and for the majority of matches 60000 seats are paid for regardless of who actually shows up.

The world's worst franchiser is never there to witness any booing or discontent, owns the controlling majority and listens to one thing......the ker-ching of the tills. While they keep ker-chinging he doesn't give a shit if a few hundred people want his little money making machine to step aside

Anyway, good luck boys - you'll need it against Stan the Almighty C U N T of a Man

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:
gp543 wrote:Can someone explain the rules regarding banners in the ground? A good idea to get support/go viral would be a video of someone trying to put the "thanks for the memories" banner up and catching the stewards trying to prevent that on camera.

The rules about banners are on stadium notices and in the handbook sent with season tickets
Don't have a season ticket. I live in the States.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
The boxes keep selling (Quartz's comments on this are factually incorrect), club level sells out and for the majority of matches 60000 seats are paid for regardless of who actually shows up.
Really?

Tons of empty club level seats, and unlike 2006 - 2007, boxes that are left empty, box food sales declining, more people than before sharing boxes, with the club emailing people to try and sell them game by game.

But the levels are not low enough for Kroenke to sack Wenger.

If you want to protest it will take revenue to drop below a certain level, or the protests will mean little to Kroenke whose interest is mostly financial as opposed to sporting.

I have said it in the past, but a visual anti-Wenger campaign to get in the press is of limited use, as enough of the press have already criticised Wenger.
It is only when a campaign further reduces the club's revenues that it is going to be effective.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Great to hear of this protest, I don't think its going to make any difference, but great to see that people aren't putting up with this dictator any longer. Booing constantly through the game, and chanting WENGER OUT, would be a good form of protest, in terms of everyone on sky, and the media hearing it, and reporting it.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

Great to see the reaction on here. I don't think this is about having a march and then Wenger just leaves. Of course it's not like that, but it seems to me like the tipping point has been reached and more fans want Wenger out than in. Therefore we have a justifiable reason to get out there and be heard. Wenger HATES challenges to his authority and although he has no respect for the opinions of fans he will not be able to ignore fan discontent, because it will be put to him in interviews and he will have to talk about it. Saying he's signed a contract and therefore cannot be budged is just laziness on the part of the fans. Yes it might be hard to dislodge him but isn't it worth having a go? Or do we do as Simon Rose suggests on twitter: 'we have to live in hope for change.' Living in hope might suit some people but I'm happy to get out on the street and DEMAND change from the club I put my money into...

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The first port of call is the press. They need to get wind of a Wenger out protest and they'll get on the case of pubpublicising it for us. A banner or overhanging flag will get taken down by the Stasi inside the ground or would be spotted going through the turnstiles. The best way forward is an A4 or A3 sign which can be printed off by the fans and taken in individually and then held up. I know the idiotic Geordies did this with Parjoke early this season but it does send a message. The press can be sent the image in advance.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

REB wrote:http://shewore.com/

good read.
very but read the replys still so many ardtards who are defending the indefensible 'foz designs'

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote: The best way forward is an A4 or A3 sign which can be printed off by the fans and taken in individually and then held up. I know the idiotic Georges did this with Parjoke early this season but it does send a message. The press can be sent the image in advance.
I agree.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

gp543 wrote:
Dodgyknee71 wrote:
gp543 wrote:Can someone explain the rules regarding banners in the ground? A good idea to get support/go viral would be a video of someone trying to put the "thanks for the memories" banner up and catching the stewards trying to prevent that on camera.

The rules about banners are on stadium notices and in the handbook sent with season tickets
Don't have a season ticket. I live in the States.
No more than 1m x1m, a pole no more thicker than a pencil, no offensive language .... (The killer line is ) the club reserve the right to not allow banners in the ground, there's more but that's the main

I'm sure it's on arsenal.com somewhere regulations or similar.......

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: I'm in block 6 (standing section :wink: )

Talk is cheap lads ....... Name your sections and get together