SOUTHAMPTON HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: SOUTHAMPTON HOME THREAD

Post by clockender1 »

IF we win tomorrow we'll be 6th, woo hoo !

tomorrow will be very interesting - Koemann only needs a draw to keep united at bay, and then they are home to them next Monday.

if he's smart he won't push too much - a draw against us and a home win or draw against united and with west ham and swansea playing each other on Sunday, they are clear into January in 3rd place. very nice for the transfer market.

i think they are still very much a longshot for 3rd or 4th, but it would be very ironic if a rookie PL manager finally ousted Mr "thirty years in football" with a piecemeal squad.

the first goal is vital tomorrow i think.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Gibbs, Monreal and The Ox all doubts in addition to the long term injured so...I guess...

--------------------Martinez--------------------

Chambers------Mertesacker------Koscielny-------Flamini

--------Rosicky--------------Ramsey---------

Alexis Sanchez-------Cazorla-----------Welbeck----

---------------------Giroud--------------

Subs: Macey, Bellerin, Ajayi, Campbell, Podolski, Akpom, Sanogo

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the battle for 6th starts here - a real battle for the Thursday night cup about this one

I can't believe that we are odds on favourites to win this one - got draw written all over it

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal twitter is delightful this morning, "don't loss three points please" among the highlights. My tweet of "after dreadful Dortmund and Abject Albion I can't wait, EIE #Wengerout" has not appeared on their feed. Still think Arsenal will win here .

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

1-2 to the Saints and pressure back on Wenker.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:1-2 to the Saints and pressure back on Wenker.

Not.Gonna.Happen - without their main man (schniederlin Sp :oops: ) they aint gonna beat us and I doubt they will even get a draw against us. It was great watching them upset the predictions up to this point, but we all know that it is inevitable that they slide back down the table and a run of fixtures against citeeh, us and manure will probably kick start their slide.

An early goal for us will see us winning 3-0 or 3-1, but if we dont score early it will be a less comfortable 2-1 victory for our superstars :roll:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

augie wrote:

Not.Gonna.Happen - without their main man (schniederlin Sp :oops: ) they aint gonna beat us and I doubt they will even get a draw against us. It was great watching them upset the predictions up to this point, but we all know that it is inevitable that they slide back down the table and a run of fixtures against citeeh, us and manure will probably kick start their slide.

An early goal for us will see us winning 3-0 or 3-1, but if we dont score early it will be a less comfortable 2-1 victory for our superstars :roll:
Augie, glad the antidepressants have kicked in mate, but last season we we rather lucky to win at home and we drew to them away.

I know it was 2-0, but their keeper had a total shocker, and the other was a rare pen for the weekly shirt pull that BFG has to put up with in any oppos penalty box for corners/ free kicks :evil: ... .

Of course their sides changed hugely but they have a good manager on the up, I would be surprised if its anything more than one point for us, especially with the state of injuries at the back. Kos is probably a cert to start but I worry that will hamper his season more than it needs to- his presence is vital to our season whats left of it.

What a contrast though for us last season, top of the league and sitting pretty 23rd Nov 2013 :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need to lose this in order for the pressure to remain on wenker...I don't think we will (lose) but if we don't then all those sitting on the ole fenceroonie will go back to Blah blah sheeple talk and thinking wenker has once more saved their day.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Either way it is sad times in the House of Gooners. :oops:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

augie wrote:

Augie, didn't you also say we would definitely beat United? :wink:

Schniederlin is undoubtedly a loss for them, however this could still be a struggle. They have a similar set up to us in that they use their full backs in a very attacking way, but their players look a lot more comfortable with the system than a lot of ours do. Tadic could do us some real damage dropping in to the area where a normal DM should be partolling.

silus

Post by silus »

3-1 to The Arsenal. Our best performance of the season and a little bit of pressure eased off of the jammy bastard.

Watched their game against city and the bloke who replaced Schneiderlin(?) made Flamini look like Viera. :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:We need to lose this in order for the pressure to remain on wenker...I don't think we will (lose) but if we don't then all those sitting on the ole fenceroonie will go back to Blah blah sheeple talk and thinking wenker has once more saved their day.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Either way it is sad times in the House of Gooners. :oops:
beginning to think we will win this one - if he doesnt then the pressure will be on him like never before.
he is starting to crack already I think - a tough afternoon in Stoke at the weekend hopefully might tip him over the edge

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

clockender1 wrote:wonga says nacho, gibbs and ox likely not fit. kos they are waiting for the reaction to tenderitis in both heels....but good news ! onegoal is fit....

looks like flamini will play LB
Not sure about that. In Wenger's eyes Captain Queefheart is now the lynchpin of our midfield as things stand. I mean if we play him at left-back who could possibly step in & replicate his usual job of mincing around like a French Popeye with trapped wind desperately trying to get anyone within 5 yards of him to "pull my finger!?" :?

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

As always, I am going tonight desperately wanting us to win.
But I am not that dissappointed if we lose or draw, for 2 reasons.
1) Ok, dropping home points makes qualification for the CL less likely, but who cares? just so we can make a token 8 game appearance, 6 group games then the usual knock out drubbing to a group winner. No longer holds much excitement when you know the club have no ambition to go any further. Besides we may have more chance in the EL (unless the mighty Swansea are still in it).
2) It increases the pressure on Clueless, I know there is not a snowballs chance he will go mid season, but I am finding his discomfort quite comical, along with his ludicrous ramblings. Which usually turn all pissy if a journalist has the temerity to question his methods.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

is Jacqui Oatley there tonight do you think ? :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:is Jacqui Oatley there tonight do you think ? :D
i bet she will be at Stoke - if pravda have not had a quiet word with the Beeb about 'exclusive' access to wonga....