The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: The Banner

Post by arseofacrow »

franksav63 wrote:The banner has been returned!!

:barscarf: :barscarf:
Was just about to make a banner - "Free the banner one"

:?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

clockender1 wrote:thats a fucking disgrace - how quickly can we get two more ?

i knew this would happen, they'd never try that in England, our lot wouldn't let them.

utter :censored:

no wonder theres a shortage of stewards,

saw this on shewore, sadly now true :

:lol: :lol:

gunnerdaz

Post by gunnerdaz »

It was apparently confiscated due to it causing trouble.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

gunnerdaz wrote:It was apparently confiscated due to it causing trouble.
Tripping the manager over again then :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

good to hear that the banner has been returned.
will be good to get some more made though :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

gunnerdaz wrote:It was apparently confiscated due to it causing trouble.

Which again would be acceptable as long as they took down any of the pro wenker banners and other pro wenker materials

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

loving this headline in the Metro
http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/09/arsenal-f ... e-4981071/

makes out that there was more than one banner :lol: :lol:

all good publicity and will make more people question the workings of the club 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

It would need people to be sitting together to work but how about those single letter signs that spell out messages?. They would be impossible to detect by stewards.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I fucking knew he survived the war! Died in that bunker my bollocks!! :lol: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote: Image

NOW that IS FUNNY - Quality! :lol: If we REALLY want to cause 'conflict' between the fans - which of course we Don't - Then a BIG FECK OFF Size Banner of this would surely do the trick :mrgreen:

Great Idea btw about the ' We have judged you every may since 2008' would make a great banner....

Free The Banner One and the Flip Flops ! :barscarf:

THERE'S ONLY ONE BANNER :barscarf:

:rubchin:

AND A PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:It would need people to be sitting together to work but how about those single letter signs that spell out messages?. They would be impossible to detect by stewards.

Absolutely - People don't even have to stand and wave them around...Simply all agree on timing etc - Each person in the line holds in front of their chest and then put them away and repeat, repeat, repeat...the Stazi Day Glows would be f*cked...

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Just thought I'd bump this to remind people that the banner was born and paid for here on this forum!

DB10GOONER

Re:

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Member wrote:DB10Gooner,

just been on the fc not plc facebook site and although I didnt comment as I refuse to use facebook I see there are plenty of proper supporters already having a go at the group.

it is pretty evident that you and the fc not plc lot thankfully remain the deluded minority at the club
I'm not involved with "FC not PLC" but would agree with some of their views.

It's all about opinions - you call us deluded, we think the same about you. But the FACTS are against you. The FACTS are that;

1. Wenger has failed year after year to strengthen the squad sufficiently, resulting in an embarrassingly predictable fortnight of league collapse and cup exits in March/April every season.
2. Wenger has given improved contracts to poor quality and average players that have not earned them.
3. Wenger has persisted with a style of play that is naiive and has failed.
4. Wenger is tactically poor.
5. Wenger has continually let our best players leave the club and not replaced them with similar quality.
6. Wenger "masterminded" our most humiliating defeat of the modern era (8-2 at the manc filth), a team you/he would have us believe we are capable of challenging for the title under Wenger's "leadership".
7. Wenger cries poor as an excuse not to sign top players, yet he has had no problem paying rubbish like Comedy Eboue, DUH-nilson, Almunia, Squiggy and Barry top top wages. Is that good financial management?!
8. Wenger refuses to accept that the game has changed and insists in trying to ape Barcelona's style even though it is painfully obvious we do not have the calibre of players to play that style.

That's just a quick few points - lads, feel free to add... :(
Fucking hell. 2011. Nothing has changed. :|

SteveO 35

Re: Re:

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Member wrote:DB10Gooner,

just been on the fc not plc facebook site and although I didnt comment as I refuse to use facebook I see there are plenty of proper supporters already having a go at the group.

it is pretty evident that you and the fc not plc lot thankfully remain the deluded minority at the club
I'm not involved with "FC not PLC" but would agree with some of their views.

It's all about opinions - you call us deluded, we think the same about you. But the FACTS are against you. The FACTS are that;

1. Wenger has failed year after year to strengthen the squad sufficiently, resulting in an embarrassingly predictable fortnight of league collapse and cup exits in March/April every season.
2. Wenger has given improved contracts to poor quality and average players that have not earned them.
3. Wenger has persisted with a style of play that is naiive and has failed.
4. Wenger is tactically poor.
5. Wenger has continually let our best players leave the club and not replaced them with similar quality.
6. Wenger "masterminded" our most humiliating defeat of the modern era (8-2 at the manc filth), a team you/he would have us believe we are capable of challenging for the title under Wenger's "leadership".
7. Wenger cries poor as an excuse not to sign top players, yet he has had no problem paying rubbish like Comedy Eboue, DUH-nilson, Almunia, Squiggy and Barry top top wages. Is that good financial management?!
8. Wenger refuses to accept that the game has changed and insists in trying to ape Barcelona's style even though it is painfully obvious we do not have the calibre of players to play that style.

That's just a quick few points - lads, feel free to add... :(
Fucking hell. 2011. Nothing has changed. :|
:D :D

Please let this be Part 1 in a new series of digging up Red's old threads. If you can find the one where Denilson should have been an automatic first choice, or that the 8-2 was irrelevant, we'll be on the way to our own comedy series :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
franksav63 wrote:The banner has been returned!!

:barscarf: :barscarf:
Was just about to make a banner - "Free the banner one"

:?
:lol:

And their flip flops! :barscarf: