The Banner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Banner debate on AFTVpodcast

Post by officepest »

TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:Are we to assume that you (champagne Charlie) are from redaction or are a kroenke fan ? Your anti usmanov avatar suggests that is the case anyway and if so, debating with a pro institution person is usually a waste of time
Ha, obsessed much?
Says the man who pipes up at the very mention of REDaction. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Re: The Banner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Stick the bastard fucking banner up every bastard fucking game.

SteveO 35

Re: Banner debate on AFTVpodcast

Post by SteveO 35 »

Champagne Charlie wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Champagne Charlie wrote:Also, just because I don't like Usmanov doesn't mean I'm in favour of Kreonke.
I've no love for both parties actually.
This ^^. 8)

At the risk of dragging this thread off topic a bit (and I apologise to the OP) I find the current thinking on here a bit off tbh regarding the Kroenke/Usmanov thing. It seems to be very polarised along the lines of; if you don't like Usmanov then you must LOVE Kroenke. It's not that black and white. I personally think Kroenke is a cancer inside our club, but I also do not trust Usmanov for one second. In a perfect world neither would be involved with The Arsenal.

On a slightly seperate issue, what exactly has Usmanov done to make so many of you think he is our saviour in waiting? Had a couple of pops at the board in the media? Talk is cheap. There is absolutely no guarantee he would put his hand in his pocket if he took control or, indeed, no guarantee that he would improve anything relating to the club. Ignoring all the corruption/criminal allegations for a moment, I still think it is safe to say he is at the very least a greedy billionaire and a (alleged) Manure fan. What emotional connection does he have to us? My honest opinion is he looks on us as another money making business opportunity and nothing more. Which, let's be honest, equates him with the wig wearing idiot. :|

Ok lets say that in an ideal world we would want neither of them, in this realistic world have we any other alternatives ? Given that the answer is probably a resounding no, would you prefer kroenke or usmanov in charge right now ? The reality is that we dont know for sure how usmanov would run the club but WE DO KNOW how the slimy yank is running it and it isnt good :evil: Personally I have no probs with an owner coming in and making some cash off us but there is more than one way to do this - the syrup c.unt has decided that grabbing all available money and spending fcuk all is the way to go, but I would hope that usmanov would see the bigger picture and realise that making Arsenal successful again would raise the clubs profile and make them much more attractive to sponsors and corporate box holders.
To be honest I think we need plurality in shareholders. It keeps the books open for all to see. A single owner could easily prviatise it and we'd be potentially fcuked.
So as much as I don't like Usmanov at least we get to see the annual report.

As for Usmanov coming in and playing Robin Hood by selling shares back to supporters at a discount, I just don't see it happening. What are the shares worth now? Despite his obvious wealth I don't see him handing shares back to fans at a pittance. Certainly not enough anyway.

He always pipes up when times are bad. Like an opportunist. I bet he's like Peter Pannu: has several anonymous social media accts and searches for threads/tweets/posts about him ,lol
What an absolute load of old bollocks. Arsenal is a limited company of sufficient size that it would still be required to file a set of full accounts and reveal all related party transactions. They would have less of a public profile, but anyone (even the average One Brain Cell from RedAction) could pay £1 at Companies House and download the accounts in an instant - so just more unfounded scaremongering from the anti-Usmanov brigade. He already has almost 30% of the shares at the club and you might find that anyone holding such a stake is critical of the board of directors if they are decimating the value of their investment through incompetent management - its a shareholder's right. Who gives a shit about selling shares back - it won't happen under this wig wearing disgusting piece of shit anyway or any modern day owner, so what difference would that make

Kroenke is the biggest single reason for the demise of this club. Wenger is not exactly fucking helping (understatement of the year) but ever since that fucking wanker bought the majority of the shares it has been a fleece the fans at all costs policy....so frankly I fail to see how Usmanov could be any worse.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Arsenal plc publishes accounts for all the public to see.

But when those accounts in the past have had a "Miscellaneous" section amounting to £50m none of us know the full deal.

Best bet is to read through Swiss Rambler's excellent blog!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

More banners are needed, one is not enough, the media will tire of the same message.

Perhaps some more

Arsenal FC not Arsene FC anymore

Please please retire Arsene

Can we have a banner at the Emirates please Arsene and Ivan

Gooners want Arsene out

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

from the build a banner contest a couple of year's ago, sadly mine didn't get selected to appear at the Emirates.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:Image

from the build a banner contest a couple of year's ago, sadly mine didn't get selected to appear at the Emirates.
Time to get it printed up mate!....maybe change the clock face for the date or a date like 8 years ago!... :D

officepest

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Time to get it printed up mate!....maybe change the clock face for the date or a date like 8 years ago!... :D
Also:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

:D

Thats great, but can it be knocked up in the concourse at The Shammers like the one at WBA was :wink:

Besides who is handy with a sewing machine :rubchin:

officepest

Post by officepest »

Theoperator wrote:

Thats great, but can it be knocked up in the concourse at The Shammers like the one at WBA was :wink:

:lol:

Very good.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

officepest wrote:
Theoperator wrote:

Very good.
I know a guy, he can hook you up! :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Confirmed that the banner is in Istanbul and will be at the match tomorrow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

dPmunky wrote:
officepest wrote:
Theoperator wrote:

Very good.
I know a guy, he can hook you up! :lol:
Yes, apparently he knows all about Sewing Machines...... :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gp543 wrote:Confirmed that the banner is in Istanbul and will be at the match tomorrow.

8)

There is NO Escape Wenker - So Just Do One NOW! :evil: