Liverpool Away, our kid.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afcforever

Re: Liverpool Away, our kid.

Post by afcforever »

rodders999 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
rodders999 wrote:When the board went up for 9 mins injury time I sent a text to my buddy - "2-2, Lambert header from a set piece".

Almost right. It's now got so predictable its fucking boring. Nothing changes at arsenal until the manager does. I despise him.

You would of been better off phoning William Hill :lol:
You're right. There's easy money to be made once you know it's Groundhog Day. There was a time conceding a last second equaliser would have sent me into an apocalyptic rage. Now it's so expected I don't even care. That's Turnips biggest indictment IMO - making me not give a fuck anymore. Why should I?
I'll always care, as much as I want Wenger gone.

Herd

Post by Herd »

We proved against chelsea that we dont learn from our mistakes.
Great performance by chez n debuchy ,but flamini was pure rubbish back four flat and slow yet gibbs and chambers would hare off leaving us naked at the back time and again.
Should be grateful for the point !

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Didn't deserve a lot from the game but glad not to lose to those scumbags. Just now heard Rodger's after match interview where he accused Sanchez of diving to win the free for our first goal. That comment is as stupid as the many he has made in the last year. Hate the prick and his one hand salute with a vengeance.

On the game we were awful for most parts , the second goal was well constructed and finished, thought Debuchy was excellent , Santi was decent and Giroud was good. Szczesney was reasonable. After that Ox had a nightmare, overran the ball too often and to be honest should have been taken off earlier. Sanchez was poor , but he hardly owes us anything, Chambers was again poor and look at Mert's face as the corner comes in for Skertle's goal. He looks terrified.
A word on Sterling, CHEAT... that is the word.

What in gods green earth are you basing that on ? :? He never won a fcuking header all day long and didnt even jump for most of them :roll: I'll bet loveren was sorry he wasnt playing yesterday because facing giroud would have made him look world class :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Swifty wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Gibbs went walk about as well. He should have stayed on the post, also if thats zonal marking 10 against 3. How big are those "Zones" :banghead:
I actually blame chambers - he had the job on Skrtel but showed no interest and gave him space and a run up from that spot. I also blame BFG, at least I think it was him - palmed Skrtel off to chambers instead of taking him himself - I'm always astounded when simple matching up doesn't occur in defensive set pieces.
I'd gladly give up 50% of our style (even that's not what it used to be) in exchange for some serious old school hard headedness in DM and CBs. I like Debuchy though.
And fair shout to Giroud - he's been a key player offen and is much better than he gets credit for (probably because he's a bit of a tosser).

You, and those blaming BFG, are missing the problem - chambers and the bfg (and all of our players) have a small zone which is theirs to cover, so if the ball drops into someone else's zone, it is not bfg's problem to solve. Likewise it is not a situation of one player "palming off" an opposition player onto a team-mate, because if you are restricted to a zone then what opposition players do only becomes relevent when they enter your zone. None of that is me defending either the zonal system or the players individually but is more about explaining the way the system is meant to work - if we had the team of the late 90s/early 2000's then maybe it could work, but because le cock only buys midgets these days, we simply do not have enough tall physical players to fill all the zones :roll:
I should also say that when any opposition player gets a 10 yard run and jump against a stationary player (again a weakness of the system), then it doesnt matter how good your defenders are aerially

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

This Ty guy,, he has to be mentally ill. They way he blabbers and over speaks all this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdwv_i8ay0

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

First chance to post since getting back from Anfield last night. As everyone else has said, we were awful. Just had a proper look at the stats....

Yet another game that puts to bed the myth that we play "beautiful football". In actual fact our football is turgid, laboured, uninspired, clueless and fucking painful to watch. I got the impression that the 11 out there in AFC shirts basically had no idea what they were doing and not for the first time this season, found themselves in a winning position more through luck than any kind of pre-conceived game plan. We can't get the ball on the ground, control it, string two passes together or keep things simple. It's ricocheting around in there like a pin ball machine - terrible touches, poor control, misplaced passes all over the shop.

Predictably absymal subs from the nutty professor. Every single time we make defensive subs to try and hold a lead it backfires because we sit back deeper and deeper, inviting them on to us. I can't recall one time where its ever worked.

We are actually regressing a huge amount - there are now so many problems in so many different areas both on and off the pitch. We can no longer say that we're losing just because we're terrible at defending. There's also the fact that we get over-run in midfield, have no DM, can't keep the ball when there's the slightest bit of pressure on us.

It reminds me of one of those comedy movie scenes where the guy is trying to plug a leaking barrel with his finger, only for the water to start springing out from another hole.

Absolute fucking shambles.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

First time Bully actually blames straight wenker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTehg-xeSyo

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Where was Koscileny out of interest? I knew when he was on the bench against Stoke that he obviously wasn't fit (or he'd be starting) so was clearly being rushed back. Has he had a typical AFC 'setback'?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Didn't deserve a lot from the game but glad not to lose to those scumbags. Just now heard Rodger's after match interview where he accused Sanchez of diving to win the free for our first goal. That comment is as stupid as the many he has made in the last year. Hate the prick and his one hand salute with a vengeance.

On the game we were awful for most parts , the second goal was well constructed and finished, thought Debuchy was excellent , Santi was decent and Giroud was good. Szczesney was reasonable. After that Ox had a nightmare, overran the ball too often and to be honest should have been taken off earlier. Sanchez was poor , but he hardly owes us anything, Chambers was again poor and look at Mert's face as the corner comes in for Skertle's goal. He looks terrified.
A word on Sterling, CHEAT... that is the word.

What in gods green earth are you basing that on ? :? He never won a fcuking header all day long and didnt even jump for most of them :roll: I'll bet loveren was sorry he wasnt playing yesterday because facing giroud would have made him look world class :oops:
Thought he was ok Augie, not outstanding by any means but in a poor team performance he was one I thought that kept his head above water.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Dan_85 wrote:It reminds me of one of those comedy movie scenes where the guy is trying to plug a leaking barrel with his finger, only for the water to start springing out from another hole.
Good analogy. But, be honest mate, it wasn't a "comedy" movie you were talking about was it?

:-P

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

as soon as 9 minutes injury time was announced both myself and my mate turned to each other and said 2-2

it is now that predictable

anyway feeling proud that I have been to our best win of the season (the 1-0 win over Southampton! :lol: :lol: :oops: )

gunnerdaz

Post by gunnerdaz »

I think every arsenal supporter said 2-2 when 9 mins went up.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote:Where was Koscileny out of interest? I knew when he was on the bench against Stoke that he obviously wasn't fit (or he'd be starting) so was clearly being rushed back. Has he had a typical AFC 'setback'?
He has achilles tendonitis as far as I gather NB123, its well known to come and go like this, not a good thing to have at all, just cant predict from day to day.
Of course all that was known pre end of transfer window......

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

can anyone at the game yesterday confirm or deny that comments were made in relation to the bfg and the auschwitz ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

afcforever wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
rodders999 wrote:When the board went up for 9 mins injury time I sent a text to my buddy - "2-2, Lambert header from a set piece".

Almost right. It's now got so predictable its fucking boring. Nothing changes at arsenal until the manager does. I despise him.

You would of been better off phoning William Hill :lol:
You're right. There's easy money to be made once you know it's Groundhog Day. There was a time conceding a last second equaliser would have sent me into an apocalyptic rage. Now it's so expected I don't even care. That's Turnips biggest indictment IMO - making me not give a fuck anymore. Why should I?
I'll always care, as much as I want Wenger gone.

We ALL Care - It's just that many of us Gooners have gone past the Point of No return with Wenkunt - The only way we can recover our passion is if/when he leaves - because he has not only failed to deliver on the pitch for 8 seasons, but his lies, excuses and all together manipulation of the media along with acceptng 4th best as the manager and representative of The Arsenal - is utterly without Class - He is staining our name and history with each new day he remains in charge.

He is an Odious, Clever (as in Sneaky) Untruthful person who says one thing then does another - Two Faced is a Mild description. He continually lies and makes ridiculous claims and excuses, blaming all and sundry whilst claiming to hold and represent the High Ground in the Money driven Modern Game - whilst earning himself £8Million a year - and yet he has managed to evade the balme for what he has brought upon the club, the team and the fans.

Wenger is a C.U.N.T.

I don't care what he has achieved in the past - It is what he has become (see above) and that he is tarnishing the name of the Team and Club I have followed since childhood. It isn't just the losing - all teams lose and go through dips and even bad seasons - But his false Honesty is loathesome and he needs to be called on it.