QPR - Home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ikechukwu1

Re: QPR - Home

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

northbank123 wrote:Didn't watch it. Pretty much forgot we were playing. Didn't really care when I saw the result.

A level of apathy i couldn't have imagined.
Feel the exact same mate. Only watched it as it was on and there was literally sod all else on. Until that dickhead leaves you'll have to accept every single August, that Arsenal have no chance of winning the league or CL, and can only celebrate 4th. That's not what AFC is supposed to be about, we're supposed to be fighters. Sadly, we're managed by the biggest fraudulent Loser, a money-grabbing egotist who puts himself before fans. Once he gets the hell out, Arsenal will become a force to be respected again. Until then? A spineless shower of objectionable overpaid shit.
:oops:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,he had zero service against Liverpool and too often today Sanchez,cazorla and Rosicky decided against a ball to him until it was too late.Welbeck works his arse off for the team,in a really good team he'd flourish,unfortunately he's playing with quite a few useless Krunts and again hes found himself on the wing,he aint gonna score to often from there,i know sanchez does but he is a class apart,believe me if we had benteke hed look shit in this team,just as arshavin did,just as ozil does,i could go on,leave welbeck alone :shock:
This just won't wash I'm afraid. I'll repeat: there's a reason LVG was all too willing to sell him to us, and the only other bidder was Spuds. He's shite. Period. He's never been prolific, never will be. See the stats v the top 7 this season: 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 chance created, less than 5 shots on target. Pathetic. This is a £17m striker on £100k a week not a 16 year old kid on YTS. The time for excuses is done. What does Ulloa at Leicester get bags of service? Then why is he so much more effective than Welwide? Benteke plays for a club that's scored less goals than any team in the top 4 English leagues! :shock:
Yet he ran Yernited ragged just last week, he's done it to
Chelski before too. Look at Bony.
Welbeck has NO excuses he plays in front of Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil. Not Cleverley and Delph :roll:
His record and performances against big teams is just shocking, he's a total waste of the £17m. I'd literally have preferred to start a season with just Giroud and improvise with Sanchez up front. Save the £17m and add some on top and go for Benzema or Pedro the following year.
Welbeck wouldn't get a start at Villa up front - so what's he doing here?
bullshit mate,we sold RVP ,did that make him shit,its the same thing.utd supporters are gutted we have Welbz

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Mate lets be honest there is a clear difference between selling a guy who bagged 30+ league goals in a team utterly devoid of creativity and somebody who was 4th/5th choice striker in a team with two quality attacking mids.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

French brain fade nearly cost us big time. Thomas played great after such a long lay off. Lay off Welbz - he's working his balls off not receiving the ball without complaining. He thinks quicker than his feet will act. :barscarf: :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:Mate lets be honest there is a clear difference between selling a guy who bagged 30+ league goals in a team utterly devoid of creativity and somebody who was 4th/5th choice striker in a team with two quality attacking mids.
are you talking about the exact same team that did no worse without him than with him? the point im making is that Weleck isn't shit, he isn't the problem,i remember most people on here thinking Walcott was gash,oh how weve missed him.there always seems to be player that everybody wants to pick on,usually its Pod,the best finisher at the club by a country mile,i guess his exclusion means he's shit too.as already mentioned earlier the problem is the erratic defense,the disorganisiation in general and lack of a leader,it aint Welbeck,im pretty happy with him,he could score more goals but imagine us without him this season,we'd probably have Pod playing instead and hes shit according to most here :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Mate lets be honest there is a clear difference between selling a guy who bagged 30+ league goals in a team utterly devoid of creativity and somebody who was 4th/5th choice striker in a team with two quality attacking mids.
are you talking about the exact same team that did no worse without him than with him
Read that back to yourself and put it in any sort of reasonable context. It's ridiculous.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

markyp wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,he had zero service against Liverpool and too often today Sanchez,cazorla and Rosicky decided against a ball to him until it was too late.Welbeck works his arse off for the team,in a really good team he'd flourish,unfortunately he's playing with quite a few useless Krunts and again hes found himself on the wing,he aint gonna score to often from there,i know sanchez does but he is a class apart,believe me if we had benteke hed look shit in this team,just as arshavin did,just as ozil does,i could go on,leave welbeck alone :shock:
This just won't wash I'm afraid. I'll repeat: there's a reason LVG was all too willing to sell him to us, and the only other bidder was Spuds. He's shite. Period. He's never been prolific, never will be. See the stats v the top 7 this season: 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 chance created, less than 5 shots on target. Pathetic. This is a £17m striker on £100k a week not a 16 year old kid on YTS. The time for excuses is done. What does Ulloa at Leicester get bags of service? Then why is he so much more effective than Welwide? Benteke plays for a club that's scored less goals than any team in the top 4 English leagues! :shock:
Yet he ran Yernited ragged just last week, he's done it to
Chelski before too. Look at Bony.
Welbeck has NO excuses he plays in front of Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil. Not Cleverley and Delph :roll:
His record and performances against big teams is just shocking, he's a total waste of the £17m. I'd literally have preferred to start a season with just Giroud and improvise with Sanchez up front. Save the £17m and add some on top and go for Benzema or Pedro the following year.
Welbeck wouldn't get a start at Villa up front - so what's he doing here?
bullshit mate,we sold RVP ,did that make him shit,its the same thing.utd supporters are gutted we have Welbz
NB123 has already done this for me but I'll just add on: those Umited fans that are "gutted" about Welbz. This the same ones that saw their team embarrass us at home a few weeks ago? RVP got 30 goals in a calendar year was it before we sold him. He scored a double at the Bridge (a FK, a right-footer) that won us 3 pts there, a goal of the season contender at Anfield to steal 3 pts in a match we were rubbish in, and he also got key goals v Man U in the league. Oh and a hat-trick at the Bridge. I believe he was also Footballer of the Year and ballon d'Or short listed?
What has Welbeck ever done in a big game? :shock:
Sorry, we sold RVP because a spineless coward manages us. We sold him and he won them the league!
We got Welbz and we can't catch West Ham and S'oton FFS.
Manure fans only miss Welbz as he's a nice local kid, nothing to do with football I'm afraid. He's garbage.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I'll just repeat this Welbeck v Top 7 stats for you once more.
Welbeck record v stop 7 this season:

Goals scored: 0
Assists: 0
Chances created: 1
Shots on target: 4

Shambolic, shocking. No excuses. Even Giroud who was out for 2 months has a superior record (goals v Manu and Pool). Welbz doesn't need "adaptation time", he's just what he was his whole Yernited career: a bang average player with an awful strike rate and goal record in big matches with average technical skill. :roll:
He isn't good enough for Arsenal, he's no better than Wiltord FFS. Except didn't Wiltord score a title clincher at OT? Yep could imagine Welwide doing similar... :rubchin:
There are tons of superior strikers we coulda got: Bony, Benteke, Pedro, Adriano (Shaktar). Every single one of those strikers was get table in the last window! :shock:
I know it's hard to admit to yourself as he's now in a red shirt so we need to try and make him out to be Pele but let's be honest, if he'd been turning in similar performances in a Lillyshite kit we'd all rightly be taking the piss.
I won't hear any excuses for a £17m England international on £100k a week that can't hit a barn door v a top 7 team. Bad.
The stats and performances said it all. I repeat, Spuds were the only other team in for him when he was touted around.,5th choice at Man U, but first choice for us. That's surely a joke...

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Excellent win today, just got to dig out these wins and once we get our players back we'll be set for a strong start to 2015.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Offside

Post by Offside »

Offside wrote:I like Boxing Day football. It's always good to get a few pints after staying in the day before. But knowing Arsenal they'll make this match as complicated as possible. A spawny 2-1 win for us, after being bullied by Charlie Austin all day.
Spot on. :D

silus

Post by silus »

All said and done, there might as well have just been one player on the pitch...Alexis Sanchez, I salute you :bowing21: :bowing21:
Continuing to be a shining light in an otherwise dull as fuck season.
Can someone please think of a decent song for him before he leaves ("he scores when he wants" is shit and unoriginal)

Herd

Post by Herd »

If we play like that against West Ham they will iron us out !

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

wait, what?! does this happen often at the home games??

no wonder the place is so fecking quiet :oops: :? :shock:

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

dPmunky wrote:wait, what?! does this happen often at the home games??

no wonder the place is so fecking quiet :oops: :? :shock:

taken off them?!

do these jokers have police powers of stop and search or something? what if the members had said "get stuffed, if you want a membership card go buy your own?"

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

Herd wrote:If we play like that against West Ham they will iron us out !
as poor as we were after the pen, qpr didn't look to have a "hope in hell's chance" of scoring before it