QPR - Home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: QPR - Home

Post by officepest »

bunch wrote:One Colin Wanker, there's only one Colin Wanker

...who will definitely out-think the tactical amoeba that manages our club.
We're playing Palace as well? :rubchin:

Definite loss then.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I see that AW is already laying the foundations for his post match interview should we lose. BBC website today has him praising Charlie Austin for his "tenacity and spirit". Just in case of course..... :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

his other comment was about a 'difficult schedule" - talk about hedging your bets.... :banghead:

which , for a moment, lets just put this into context - we are a 2 billion quid valued club, 60,000 all seater stadium, highest ticket prices in WORLD football, and the manager on 8 million quid a year, who had 120 million to spend last summer - and yet QPR home, West Ham away and Southampton away are considered "difficult"......

:rubchin:

is it just me or is there something not quite right about that somewhere ??????

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

clockender1 wrote:his other comment was about a 'difficult schedule" - talk about hedging your bets.... :banghead:

which , for a moment, lets just put this into context - we are a 2 billion quid valued club, 60,000 all seater stadium, highest ticket prices in WORLD football, and the manager on 8 million quid a year, who had 120 million to spend last summer - and yet QPR home, West Ham away and Southampton away are considered "difficult"......

And exactly how many games have you managed then? :roll:

:wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

clockender1 wrote:his other comment was about a 'difficult schedule" - talk about hedging your bets.... :banghead:

Put the financial issue to one side for a minute.

West Ham and Southampton away are difficult. I wouldn't be confident with a full strength team, let alone one without Koscielny (easily our best defender), Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere (easily our best central midfielders), Theo and Ozil.

You'd honestly have to be blind not to see how much we're struggling. Yes, it's Wenger's fault that we're in this sorry mess but he's absolutely right... in our current situation (which he was talking about) we do have a difficult schedule.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

g88ner wrote: Put the financial issue to one side for a minute.

West Ham and Southampton away are difficult.
but they shouldn't be, thats my point - just as norwich and swansea shouldn't be - small, provincial clubs with no real history or track record.

its like Barca/Real considering Elche or Getafe as 'difficult' or Bayern and 1860.....these are clubs that traditionally float up and down between the divisions.

prior to 1997, only two games in the next seven would be seen as 'difficult' - city and the spuds away. and that is without the 60,000 stadium and high ticket prices and massive transfer fund.

wengers right - but its how far we have fallen that even WOB's now agree that this is going to be difficult :(

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I might drink myself into oblivion before this, because at least if I don't have a clue what is going on, it wont be as painful if we manage to fuck this up.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

clockender1 wrote:
g88ner wrote: Put the financial issue to one side for a minute.

West Ham and Southampton away are difficult.
but they shouldn't be, thats my point - just as norwich and swansea shouldn't be - small, provincial clubs with no real history or track record.

its like Barca/Real considering Elche or Getafe as 'difficult' or Bayern and 1860.....these are clubs that traditionally float up and down between the divisions.

prior to 1997, only two games in the next seven would be seen as 'difficult' - city and the spuds away. and that is without the 60,000 stadium and high ticket prices and massive transfer fund.

wengers right - but its how far we have fallen that even WOB's now agree that this is going to be difficult :(
What you forget about these "provincial clubs" is they try,they try for their fans,they try for their manager,they try for their own pride as professional footballers,they attempt to win headers when 2-1 up with 45 seconds to go,none of the Swansea/West Ham/Norwich/Southampton's of this world should be easy but Arsenal should be beating them all day long,and when our manager is making excuses already you've got to worry,like you said,Real's manager might say they will get a hard game at Getafe/Elche but he'd never think his side would get beat there for 1 second,when Arsene doe's,and its not acceptable.In years gone by we would have seen this as 3 (2) easy points,now all I can see is a tricky win by 1 goal.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Robbo - smaller clubs rely on one common theme - defence. like GG they build their teams from the back. they don't have 42 million to spend on a midfielder so they utilise everything they can - long throw ins, short corners, nod ons at the near post, free kicks, long balls.

their game plan is not to concede first, close down the opposition, press from the front, have their backs push wingers wide and make the winger beat the first man - and then plonk two hulking CB's in the centre to hoof or head it clear.

its also usually to play with one strikers and one or two quick wide midfielders to make the most of any posssession you do have - watch Copenhagen '94. that's how we won despite a slew of injuries.

these teams understand that you have to fight for possession first and play football second.

take rodgers for example - scousers playing poorly so he goes 3 at the back and one lightning fast kid up front. strength comes from defence not the forward line.

its why wenger fails every year by normal standards.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

clockender1 wrote:Robbo - smaller clubs rely on one common theme - defence. like GG they build their teams from the back. they don't have 42 million to spend on a midfielder so they utilise everything they can - long throw ins, short corners, nod ons at the near post, free kicks, long balls.

their game plan is not to concede first, close down the opposition, press from the front, have their backs push wingers wide and make the winger beat the first man - and then plonk two hulking CB's in the centre to hoof or head it clear.

its also usually to play with one strikers and one or two quick wide midfielders to make the most of any posssession you do have - watch Copenhagen '94. that's how we won despite a slew of injuries.

these teams understand that you have to fight for possession first and play football second.

take rodgers for example - scousers playing poorly so he goes 3 at the back and one lightning fast kid up front. strength comes from defence not the forward line.

its why wenger fails every year by normal standards.
100% agree with everything you said,so why,when Wenger has these players 3-4 hours a day, does he not have the defence doing drill after drill on set-pieces,positional play and attacking the ball from corners,like GG did? Probably because as he's proved year on year he is incapable of setting up a decent back 4,his full-backs positionally are dire,Gibbs pace usually gets him out of trouble and Jenkinson/Chambers are both left wanting,and being young you would think the senior pro's would help them but I never see them talking them through games,its a joke,if a sunday side conceded a goal like Liverpool's second sunday I would have been fucking livid,it was unacceptable for pub football,let alone "the best league in the world". :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The provincial Swansea have a striker who would walk into our first team. They also have a board of directors who are lowering ticket prices consistently.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SteveO 35 wrote:The provincial Swansea have a striker who would walk into our first team. They also have a board of directors who are lowering ticket prices consistently.
What you fail to understand is that we cannot realistically be expected to scout the footballing backwater of the Netherlands, can we?

Who’d heard of Bony 4 yrs ago?

As for consistently lowering ticket prices; we have to pay through the nose so we can continue to compete with Europe’s elite, just as we have done since demolishing Highbury.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

officepest wrote: As for consistently lowering ticket prices; we have to pay through the nose so we can continue to compete with Europe’s elite, just as we have done since demolishing Highbury.
i told you guys a few weeks ago - to lower ticket prices and really compete in Europe we need a bigger ground.....there is 40,000 on the ST waiting list. our ground is obviously not big enough. only a 100,000 capacity stadium built using borrowed money will allow us to compete.

we need to start a petition, as we have outgrown our home under wenger..... :roll:

does that sound familiar to anyone ? - Arsene, Arsene.....?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Should follow the script and do QPR.

Renewed optimism, players talking us up ... then the inevitable shit on a stick performance.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I see that AW is already laying the foundations for his post match interview should we lose. BBC website today has him praising Charlie Austin for his "tenacity and spirit". Just in case of course..... :roll:

Not only that, but for when young Chambers limps off injured....

“Arsène Wenger fears that defender Calum Chambers, 19, has "hit the wall," having had too much responsibility forced on to his young shoulders during his fledgling Arsenal career.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... en-arsenal

Wenker you Utter Spanner. :banghead: