WEST HAM GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: WEST HAM GAME THREAD

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
REB wrote:enough with the negative posts ffs, we won and won ugly defending as if there life depended on it so from me a well played the arsenal and a great 3 points.
Fucking well said
:cheers:

6 points from 2 games in 48 hours. West Ham on form and at home. I'll take this as a positive 3 points. :barscarf: :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Ray C wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
REB wrote:enough with the negative posts ffs, we won and won ugly defending as if there life depended on it so from me a well played the arsenal and a great 3 points.
Fucking well said
I agree -
Great game to watch on telly. Worked their bollocks off in midfield & defence to break down WH & looked like scoring just about every time we broke into attack. Our midfielders seemed to want to run with the ball today beating players for fun. Without Giroud up front Danny Boy had more room to run into. As far as bringing on the boy wonder - not a good idea, he looked good on the bench so just leave him there. Bring him on and he'll get injured again. Bring on South'n. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I'm still in the WOB, but I'm surprised about some of the negativity after the game.
Many posters criticse AW for only being concerned about attack, but when he tries to protect a lead he's criticised as well. Theo may have provided a goal threat, but we were winning and Theo, Usain Bolt or Pele would not have stopped Wham putting every player in our box. They had nothing to lose we did. I seem to remember it was ok for George Graham to protect a lead for an hour or more!
Also, given Wham's aerial threat Ches or AW decided that the our GK should come for every ball. He made a couple of misjudgements, but I thought Ches played well.
Flamini doesn't get any better and Coquelin didn't look very comfortable, but the rest of the team did well. Debuchy looks a definite upgrade on the Sagna of the last few years.
A Three Kings gift of a DM and CB and the magical 4th Place will be ours!

markyp

Post by markyp »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Ray C wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Fucking well said
I agree -
Great game to watch on telly. Worked their bollocks off in midfield & defence to break down WH & looked like scoring just about every time we broke into attack. Our midfielders seemed to want to run with the ball today beating players for fun. Without Giroud up front Danny Boy had more room to run into. As far as bringing on the boy wonder - not a good idea, he looked good on the bench so just leave him there. Bring him on and he'll get injured again. Bring on South'n. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I'm still in the WOB, but I'm surprised about some of the negativity after the game.
Many posters criticse AW for only being concerned about attack, but when he tries to protect a lead he's criticised as well. Theo may have provided a goal threat, but we were winning and Theo, Usain Bolt or Pele would not have stopped Wham putting every player in our box. They had nothing to lose we did. I seem to remember it was ok for George Graham to protect a lead for an hour or more!
Also, given Wham's aerial threat Ches or AW decided that the our GK should come for every ball. He made a couple of misjudgements, but I thought Ches played well.
Flamini doesn't get any better and Coquelin didn't look very comfortable, but the rest of the team did well. Debuchy looks a definite upgrade on the Sagna of the last few years.
I dont think its the fact that he took off our attacking options and overloaded us with defenders its just that weve seen this same scenario over and over again with Wenker and generally we end up conceding,this time by the skin of our teeth we won,a lucky fluke tbh,dont bet on us winning next time though that we throw on shit defenders to close a come down

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Ray C wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Fucking well said
I agree -

I dont think its the fact that he took off our attacking options and overloaded us with defenders its just that weve seen this same scenario over and over again with Wenker and generally we end up conceding,this time by the skin of our teeth we won,a lucky fluke tbh,dont bet on us winning next time though that we throw on shit defenders to close a come down
Agreed, it's not the seeing a game out mentality that fans object to, its the fact that our defence doesn't inspire any confidence in their ability to do so, regardless of how many are on the pitch at the time. It invites pressure, which all too often we have shown that we are unable to resist due to individual's lack of bottle and poor organisation across the back.

We got away with it v QPR and also Wham, but we are not set up to withstand that against better teams due to the lack of any decent defensive midfielder.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Oh well here goes. We were fucking dogshite for the first 40 minutes and should have been 3 down before the undeserved 2 goals. Very lucky and undeserved win. Dons tin hat. :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sounds about right to me Chippy!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

manninger wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Just back from game,staying with West Ham inlaws for Chrimbo. Fuck them! Gooners! :barscarf:
any trouble after the game? Fat Sam mooing :D about the disallowed goal...f.... him
I was stunned at how friendly it was, before and after the game. Went to Spurs last year for the first time in prob 20 years and it was worse now than back in the day. But West Ham... Just like visiting relatives at Christmas!