What is the point of Red Action?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: What is the point of Red Action?

Post by Mistical92 »

clockender1 wrote:city AND mickeys fans today.
'Enough is enough... so to show this we're going to pay the £50 or whatever to get into the stadium and then hold up this banner as a protest. We're sure that it'll get the owners quaking in their boots.'

At some point the penny will drop with fans across the PL and they'll realise that they're going to have to boycott to get the prices down, but I fear that it will take a long, looooong time before that's going to happen.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Cook is gonna love this thread :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

The club don't do enough to get an atmosphere going - having some dickhead blaring music through the speakers prior to kick-off prevents fans generating the atmosphere. I have also long argued that NO CLUB should be allowed to show replays on big screens during the game (half time would be ok) - it used to piss me off bigtime when I was surrounded by c.unts spending their time watching big screen replays of some AFC player shank another shot into the stand, while all the time the game is going on :x This again interrupts the flow of atmosphere for fans when half of them seem to be watching it on the screens - if you want to watch a game on a screen, then stay the fcuk home and watch it on your tv because when you are in the stadium, the action is on the grass in front of you and not on some technical monstrosity 40 ft behind you :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Replays?
Depends.
They usually only show a couple and often it is while the players are still walking back to our half after a goal.
They don't tend to show them instantly, one gets a chance to celebrate a goal and then watch a couple of replays of it.
If there is action on the pitch I will ignore the replay anyway.

The music is out of order.
I do not mind having a tune that the players walk out to, but otherwise, the songs before kick off are loud and dampen the atmosphere.
We used to make our own atmosphere but now the club has deliberately decided to try and prevent that.
It cannot be by accident.
They want to take the lead, make us consumers.

But it has backfired.

Play a bit up to 20 minutes before kick off, and during half time, but otherwise let us sing our songs.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Replays?
Depends.
They usually only show a couple and often it is while the players are still walking back to our half after a goal.
They don't tend to show them instantly, one gets a chance to celebrate a goal and then watch a couple of replays of it.
If there is action on the pitch I will ignore the replay anyway.

The music is out of order.
I do not mind having a tune that the players walk out to, but otherwise, the songs before kick off are loud and dampen the atmosphere.
We used to make our own atmosphere but now the club has deliberately decided to try and prevent that.
It cannot be by accident.
They want to take the lead, make us consumers.

But it has backfired.

Play a bit up to 20 minutes before kick off, and during half time, but otherwise let us sing our songs.
To be fair this is a problem at nearly every ground down the leagues. My Orient supporting mates are forever moaning about them blasting out shitty chart music from about 45 minutes before kick off

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Even if we were playing well I don't think that the atmosphere would be that much better. It just seems like people don't want to sing and get going. Force everyone to down a couple of vodkas before the kick-offs at each half, maybe? ;)

The only way I can see the atmosphere really changing is if safe standing was introduced. I'd love this to happen but it seems to be at least a decade away. Even if it was put into law would we be able to do it since the ground can't be increased past 60k?

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

Dont really care about RedAction to be honest but I don't think its fair to blame them for the shit atmosphere. I think we will agree everyone on this forum is a chanter but the majority of our fans arnt. Its incredibly frustrating when you try get a chant going and people just look at you, makes you feel out of place for chanting.... during a fucking football game :banghead: :banghead:
Actual chant wise the ones which usually catch on arnt the best ones (Although a lot of people get involved in the Giroud chant)
I would love to hear the pride of north london chant more as well as ones just for The Arsenal like the paddy got up chant.
Despite being abit too young to be at Highbury when it was standing I have to say even at Highbury the atmosphere wasnt much better. Our home fans are notorious for being a bit shy unfortunately and thats just the way it is. Away support is brilliant though. :barscarf: :barscarf:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

The atmosphere is shit, but it's always someone else's fault.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

To be fair I think RedAction heart is in the right place but whether they are effective is another story and its up to each individual to judge. They have made mistakes in the past too (I'm sure even they would admit that) but let's stop the abuse cheers

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

Its not red action at fault its a general lack of wating to sing by most fans imo. The amount of times you get told to sit down by stewards or other fans makes it difficult to get songs going. Red action could sign more as they can stand all game but even then if no other parts sing along ot becomes pointless. Unless the club say the north bank becomes a singing section and they allow people to stand nothing will change.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

augie wrote:The club don't do enough to get an atmosphere going - having some dickhead blaring music through the speakers prior to kick-off prevents fans generating the atmosphere. I have also long argued that NO CLUB should be allowed to show replays on big screens during the game (half time would be ok) - it used to piss me off bigtime when I was surrounded by c.unts spending their time watching big screen replays of some AFC player shank another shot into the stand, while all the time the game is going on :x This again interrupts the flow of atmosphere for fans when half of them seem to be watching it on the screens - if you want to watch a game on a screen, then stay the fcuk home and watch it on your tv because when you are in the stadium, the action is on the grass in front of you and not on some technical monstrosity 40 ft behind you :roll:
Like I said, it's always someone else's fault. You choose to blame the club, but it's solely down to the match going fans to take some responsibility, and stop hiding behind bullshit complaints like too many replays.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

If anyone has any ideas how to get 40,000 totally silent match going fans involved in the atmosphere, then I'm sure REDaction would love it hear it.

Just a reminder that REDaction consists of 5 people, not 1800 loudmouth early 20s Gooners, so they cannot be blamed for all the problems - but Lord knows this forum often tries.

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:To be fair I think RedAction heart is in the right place but whether they are effective is another story and its up to each individual to judge. They have made mistakes in the past too (I'm sure even they would admit that) but let's stop the abuse cheers

The problem with that is that they have made no effort to redress those mistakes - they seem happy to stick their head in the sand and pretend that those mistakes never happened, but that is not a mature way of dealing with things imo. For me, grown up people stand up and admit their mistakes and of course the anti-usmanov protest ranks high up that list - cook might argue that redaction as a group never supported/sanctioned any involvement in the protest, but the reality is that their group name was used and if they genuinely wanted to distance themselves from that protest, then they could (still) make some sort of public retraction on a matchday by stating that they have no position in the debate on ownership of our club. It wouldn't be an apology as such, but it would be a clarification of their feelings in the usmanov v kroenke debate - of course I wont hold my breath waiting for such a declaration

augie

Post by augie »

TheCook wrote:If anyone has any ideas how to get 40,000 totally silent match going fans involved in the atmosphere, then I'm sure REDaction would love it hear it.

Just a reminder that REDaction consists of 5 people, not 1800 loudmouth early 20s Gooners, so they cannot be blamed for all the problems - but Lord knows this forum often tries.

Redaction consists of 5 people ??? How the fcuk can you claim that the anti usmanov march was done without some members knowledge ? :? You could hold a meeting in a phone box but yet didn't communicate with each other on such a big issue ?? Bullshit :roll:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

TheCook wrote:If anyone has any ideas how to get 40,000 totally silent match going fans involved in the atmosphere, then I'm sure REDaction would love it hear it.

Couldn't RedAction bring back the Sombreros, they were quite popular! :) :)