What is the point of Red Action?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Re: What is the point of Red Action?

Post by TheCook »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:To be fair I think RedAction heart is in the right place but whether they are effective is another story and its up to each individual to judge. They have made mistakes in the past too (I'm sure even they would admit that) but let's stop the abuse cheers

The problem with that is that they have made no effort to redress those mistakes - they seem happy to stick their head in the sand and pretend that those mistakes never happened, but that is not a mature way of dealing with things imo. For me, grown up people stand up and admit their mistakes and of course the anti-usmanov protest ranks high up that list - cook might argue that redaction as a group never supported/sanctioned any involvement in the protest, but the reality is that their group name was used and if they genuinely wanted to distance themselves from that protest, then they could (still) make some sort of public retraction on a matchday by stating that they have no position in the debate on ownership of our club. It wouldn't be an apology as such, but it would be a clarification of their feelings in the usmanov v kroenke debate - of course I wont hold my breath waiting for such a declaration
You think that banner has anything to do with the atmosphere within the ground?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

In answer to the question posed in the title of this thread: is it the bit on top of the letter A? :rubchin: :rubchin: :lol:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:If anyone has any ideas how to get 40,000 totally silent match going fans involved in the atmosphere, then I'm sure REDaction would love it hear it.

Just a reminder that REDaction consists of 5 people, not 1800 loudmouth early 20s Gooners, so they cannot be blamed for all the problems - but Lord knows this forum often tries.

Redaction consists of 5 people ??? How the fcuk can you claim that the anti usmanov march was done without some members knowledge ? :? You could hold a meeting in a phone box but yet didn't communicate with each other on such a big issue ?? Bullshit :roll:
What a totally irrelevant comment to this thread. Enough with the fucking banner already.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:If anyone has any ideas how to get 40,000 totally silent match going fans involved in the atmosphere, then I'm sure REDaction would love it hear it.

Just a reminder that REDaction consists of 5 people, not 1800 loudmouth early 20s Gooners, so they cannot be blamed for all the problems - but Lord knows this forum often tries.

Redaction consists of 5 people ??? How the fcuk can you claim that the anti usmanov march was done without some members knowledge ? :? You could hold a meeting in a phone box but yet didn't communicate with each other on such a big issue ?? Bullshit :roll:
What a totally irrelevant comment to this thread. Enough with the fucking banner already.
Banner?

What is this banner you speak of?!

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

is safe standing a necessity?

why cant the club just ease up on restricting it and adjust their stewarding?

make the north bank and clock end lower standing areas, where so long as youre in front of your seat, you can stand without harrasment. and for those who want to sit can avoid these blocks.

augie

Post by augie »

TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

I agree that we have got a bit off track here, but the banner was brought into this when flash defended redaction by stating that they had made mistakes and would admit to that - I asked if the banner was one of those mistakes

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

dPmunky wrote:is safe standing a necessity?

why cant the club just ease up on restricting it and adjust their stewarding?

make the north bank and clock end lower standing areas, where so long as youre in front of your seat, you can stand without harrasment. and for those who want to sit can avoid these blocks.
IMO it is, even if just for the fact that it would mean (hopefully) cheaper tickets, attracting the kind of young fans who want to make a lot of noise.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

I agree that we have got a bit off track here, but the banner was brought into this when flash defended redaction by stating that they had made mistakes and would admit to that - I asked if the banner was one of those mistakes
Don't bring me into it I was trying to defuse the situation :shock: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

Don't bring me into it I was trying to defuse the situation :shock: :wink:

Defuse or confuse Flash :wink:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

I think most people would agree that we need the whole of the behind the goal to be standing, not just one block. Every other club seems to have a whole end (Kop, gallowgate, stretford etc) whereas we have one small pocket. If you group all the chanters and people who want to stand across the whole of the section behind the goal itll create more noise, more likely to be all doing the same chant (rather than a mix of small pockets doing different chants) and more people will be likely to join in.

None of this will happen though because as long as the club get £ they dont give a monkeys :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

You say it's irrelevant on every thread ! A completely unfounded and uninformed xenophobic banner aimed at our second largest shareholder and you have never once offered any explanation as to why. Is Nigel Farage a mate of RedAction....the scaremongerers of North London. You should be ashamed and you will never live down that pathetic juvenile march......off topic or not. If it is off topic then have the balls to set up a new thread or engage in PMs and explain yourself

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Gooner Jim

I woud like to see safe standing brought in for the lower tiers behind both goals.
Makes it a Northbank and Clock End rivalry like at Highbury.

It might happen.
If the club can get more people into the ground then that is a financial incentive, providing the local council allow.
Also if the atmosphere gets better, that increases the appeal of the club, unless they do not want it to be better i.e. playing that loud music before kick off?

I think they want an atmosphere on their terms, rather than an organic one.

dPMunky

The new safe standing areas would have flip up seats, that can be used in games where standing is not allowed.
Standing in front of regular seats can get a bit uncomfortable in my opinion, get a push in the back and you might end up flipping over into the row in front!
The safe standing seats look more practical from this photo.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Gooner Jim

I woud like to see safe standing brought in for the lower tiers behind both goals.
Makes it a Northbank and Clock End rivalry like at Highbury.

It might happen.
If the club can get more people into the ground then that is a financial incentive, providing the local council allow.
Also if the atmosphere gets better, that increases the appeal of the club, unless they do not want it to be better i.e. playing that loud music before kick off?

I think they want an atmosphere on their terms, rather than an organic one.

dPMunky

The new safe standing areas would have flip up seats, that can be used in games where standing is not allowed.
Standing in front of regular seats can get a bit uncomfortable in my opinion, get a push in the back and you might end up flipping over into the row in front!
The safe standing seats look more practical from this photo.

Good demonstration here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apX5V1IJCW4

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

That safe standing would make a massive difference to the atmosphere, its barn door obvious
It would also increase capacity significantly. Sadly I have a feeling that the council wont be happy, having another 5,000 or more fans to deal with. Short sighted of course as those fans pay money to local businesses all round the ground.

Wonder if we should move on from the banner, it is bought up every time and doesnt seem to be helpful. Think all accept it was a major cock up but can we let it go?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

SteveO 35 wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

You say it's irrelevant on every thread ! A completely unfounded and uninformed xenophobic banner aimed at our second largest shareholder and you have never once offered any explanation as to why. Is Nigel Farage a mate of RedAction....the scaremongerers of North London. You should be ashamed and you will never live down that pathetic juvenile march......off topic or not. If it is off topic then have the balls to set up a new thread or engage in PMs and explain yourself
I've offered loads of explanations, every fucking time it comes up.