FA Cup Semi Final draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Simon

Re: FA Cup Semi Final draw

Post by Simon »

Standard suggesting a minimum allocation of 32,000 seats to us, so could be harder to get tickets this time round.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 00100.html

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

wibble wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:first of all lads we are not in the final yet, remember last years semi?

secondly I think blackburn have a good chance in beating Liverpool. Rodgers coming out and saying the pitch wasn't good enough for them to play their game well I'm sure the blackburn manager has ordered their groundkeeper to down tools for few weeks
Yeah, we won and got to the final :D
:lol: :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:first of all lads we are not in the final yet, remember last years semi?

secondly I think blackburn have a good chance in beating Liverpool. Rodgers coming out and saying the pitch wasn't good enough for them to play their game well I'm sure the blackburn manager has ordered their groundkeeper to down tools for few weeks
:lol:

I hope to Christ Blackburn plough the fucking pitch and destroy the mousers because if the hubcap botherers get to the final then they have won the FA cup without kicking a ball. Gerard's last hurrah in Ingerland (until he returns "on loan" at Chelsea next January :roll: ) added to the fact I heard it's his fucking birthday on FA cup final day?? No ref will deny a diving Stevie Me a penno in the dying minutes.... :roll: :|
No chance. I was there in '87 when we destroyed the myth that they always win when Rush scores and fingers crossed I'll be there in May to ruin Mr Gerrard's birthday party :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

I hope to Christ Blackburn plough the fucking pitch and destroy the mousers because if the hubcap botherers get to the final then they have won the FA cup without kicking a ball. Gerard's last hurrah in Ingerland (until he returns "on loan" at Chelsea next January :roll: ) added to the fact I heard it's his fucking birthday on FA cup final day?? No ref will deny a diving Stevie Me a penno in the dying minutes.... :roll: :|
No chance. I was there in '87 when we destroyed the myth that they always win when Rush scores and fingers crossed I'll be there in May to ruin Mr Gerrard's birthday party :barscarf:
1 - We need to take our semi opponents seriously, not turn up thinking we are through, Wigan almost did us last year. Complacency lets us down far too often.

2- If we get through I can't wait to sing "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, Steevie Geebag" as we lift the cup :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Great draw. We owe Bradford a cup beating and if its reading we outscored them in that rediculous 7-5 game and we are better than we were then, they are considerably worse. The FA don't owe Gerrard a send off and he may not even be fit to play. Villa won't roll over either, although Blackburn have a good chance of doing a job on Liverpool. I tipped utd to win cup so I'm happy we are nearly there. Its written in the stars that ex spuds manager and Gunners fan will face us in the final.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I am convinced the FA will screw it so Stevie lifts the cup. Dodgy pen handball on the line again etc. Hate scousers and him and granny shagger in particular

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Hope to make it to the final v the Scousers and get some revenge for 2001

Handball on the line in the first 15 minutes, and we never even got a corner!

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Convinced our game will be on the Saturday as police won't want Liverpool fans being on same trains as Utd fans down to London, also Birmingham are away to Watford and West Brom Away to Palace so they will definitely not want 3 seats of fans coming from the same area

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

TheCook wrote:Hope to make it to the final v the Scousers and get some revenge for 2001

Handball on the line in the first 15 minutes, and we never even got a corner!
If liverpool get to the final whoever they are playing might as well hand them the cup because it will be a big biased ***** fest towards them anyway

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

31799 tickets for the semi final

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

That's the minimum, it may be more.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Just read the website, doesn't say it's the minimum there but did say that yesterday.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The FA are a joke for that allocation. Once again we are facing a smaller club who will get an allocation that exceeds their number of season tickets by a mile.

Meanwhile, Gooners who have 1 or 2 away credits, some of whom travelled on a Monday night to support the lads vs Manure will get nada.

Well Played FA/Arsenal.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

It was the same last year and we ended up getting much more than Wigan as they knew they couldn't sell them.

Better hope the ones with the poorer turn outs get through!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:It was the same last year and we ended up getting much more than Wigan as they knew they couldn't sell them.

Better hope the ones with the poorer turn outs get through!
Bradford sold out for the league cup final a few seasons ago, they will be offered 32k and easily sell them.