FA Cup Semi Final draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Robin_L

Re: FA Cup Semi Final draw

Post by Robin_L »

Kallstrom29 wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:It won't, anyone that never got one was out on standby so if people don't take them up on Mon those on standby will get a chance, if those don't take them up then the Silvers are next in line.

One of mine was put on standby so I never got everything we applied for.

There was more tickets last year.
Last year they did silvers + 12 matches attended and reds + 25 matches attended or something like that at the same time didn't they? So I think Reds will get some?
Silvers +5, then +3. Reds +5, then +3

This won't get anywhere near Reds, although with so many people successful on the ballot it MAY just about trickle into Silvers, but I suspect they will look to dole them out to as many ST holders in the ballot and standby list as possible in order to keep them sweet ahead of renewals. So yeah, basically no chance of Silvers either, unless Reading give up a few thousands of theirs, which seems unlikely.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It will take more tickets from the FA for silver members to get a look in.

nut flush gooner

1 hour till arsenal.com goes into meltdown!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Knowing me I'll probably buy 2 tickets for the U21s game against Reading!!

nut flush gooner

Tickets confirmed, block 133 behind the goal, great view and should be lively down there!

I learnt from last year, log into arsenal 30 mins early to avoid 3 hours sitting in the ticket queue.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

(This pic is linked to the live seat map & therefore it should update if you need to keep an eye)

clockendlower

Post by clockendlower »

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 45657.aspx

Really takes the piss... Reading season ticket holders can buy an extra two each i.e. 3 per season ticket holder :banghead: :cussing:

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

clockendlower wrote:http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 45657.aspx

Really takes the piss... Reading season ticket holders can buy an extra two each i.e. 3 per season ticket holder :banghead: :cussing:
Touts having a field day now as every season ticket holder can buy 2 extra tickets. Reading might as well declare it a neutral section of the ground!

Disgrace

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Got three in 528, not paying £63 for lower tier, couldn't get in there last year for Wigan, Hull or City this year so went in 528 for those three, it's a lucky block!

Actually, all jokes aside, went to the Chelsea semi and Birmingham final in different blocks and lost both of those so maybe it is lucky after all.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Looks like Reading are getting a bit desperate. Seems from the message only 4 blocks are sold out- looks like all our lower tiers gone already.

Hope that kills... :oops:

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

Theoperator wrote:Looks like Reading are getting a bit desperate. Seems from the message only 4 blocks are sold out- looks like all our lower tiers gone already.

Hope that kills... :oops:
Seems like they've sold out 15 blocks - all the lower tier minus 2 blocks, and then 3 more.

Still - they do sound desperate allowing STs to buy 2 extra!

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

What pisses me off most is Reading giving it the big guns saying how we have 100k members and it is very unlikely to go to general sale and now look they can't get rid of the tickets. Now look season ticket holders can buy 2 extra tickets meaning touts profit and once again Arsenal fans pay over the odds for no reason.

Unlike with Wigan they have also sold the tickets here there and everywhere so there is no blocks empty so were wont get any extra allocation.

Total joke by Reading and the FA first on Reading for thinking they would fill 32K and on the FA for letting Reading have all their allocation at once common sense should have been 15k season ticket so take 15k off allocation then trickle down with amount of members for each criteria until you are left with empty sections at which point hand back.

Magic of the FA cup my ass.

#rant over

gp543

Post by gp543 »

The sense of entitlement to tickets is still amazing to me. Splitting it 50/50 is truly the only fair way to do it. I wonder if the proponents of more proportional distribution would favor it if we were playing Liverpool or United.

Also, in order to secure a ticket, you only have to go to three away matches in the past two seasons. I've done 2x that and I live in the states for fuck's sake!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

gp543 wrote:The sense of entitlement to tickets is still amazing to me. Splitting it 50/50 is truly the only fair way to do it. I wonder if the proponents of more proportional distribution would favor it if we were playing Liverpool or United.

Also, in order to secure a ticket, you only have to go to three away matches in the past two seasons. I've done 2x that and I live in the states for fuck's sake!
If Wigan hadnt done the decent thing last years semi would have been enjoyed by a lot less Gooners, that seems to be the upset. Whats being said is that its obvious that as the Majedski stadium itself can only seat 24,161 to be giving 31,000 tickets to reading is asking for a likelihood of either unfilled seats that can and should be filled or a touts delight.

The point is that the Reading ticket allocation should have been phased, so unsold blocks could be passed to us. Thats what happened pretty well last season. If the allocation is less than the season ticket holders for each team then sure allocate 50:50, but otherwise witholding seems fair surely?

The Comm shield match this season was for Citeh an utter embarrasment with about 10 blocks of unsold upper tier tickets. Again the allocation should have been held back as I am sure more Gooners would have gone if they could.

I dont know what you mean about the 3 away matches getting a ticket- its unlikely to even get to silvers with less than 20 matches attended, not 3 :?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Afc5123 wrote:What pisses me off most is Reading giving it the big guns saying how we have 100k members and it is very unlikely to go to general sale and now look they can't get rid of the tickets. Now look season ticket holders can buy 2 extra tickets meaning touts profit and once again Arsenal fans pay over the odds for no reason.
No one is forcing anyone to pay over the odds; I've never paid more than face value for a ticket. I also wouldn't sit in the Reading end for free, much rather go to a pub in N5.