FA Cup Semi Final draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
UlsterGooner

Re: FA Cup Semi Final draw

Post by UlsterGooner »

Surely more or less every season ticket holder who was successful in the ballot would have bought there tickets today, so could possibly go down to Silver

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

UlsterGooner wrote:Surely more or less every season ticket holder who was successful in the ballot would have bought there tickets today, so could possibly go down to Silver
I doubt it as it'll be those on "Standby" next, but they'll have to wait until the 7th April to find out :banghead:

"Tickets are now on sale to successful ballot applicants until 10am on Wednesday, April 1, 2015. (Booking fees apply.)
Platinum and Gold members who received a status of ‘standby’ will be able to view the update on their application online from 10am on Tuesday, April 7, 2015"

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/141 ... RrFmTFz.99

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

Theoperator wrote:
I dont know what you mean about the 3 away matches getting a ticket- its unlikely to even get to silvers with less than 20 matches attended, not 3 :?
Gold members with 3+ away credits got guaranteed a seat. Have you seen the number of tickets for Burnley being flogged on Twitter lately? I guarantee you that's people with 2 away credits getting their number up to 3 before the final.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

ColoursInMyHead wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
I dont know what you mean about the 3 away matches getting a ticket- its unlikely to even get to silvers with less than 20 matches attended, not 3 :?
Gold members with 3+ away credits got guaranteed a seat. Have you seen the number of tickets for Burnley being flogged on Twitter lately? I guarantee you that's people with 2 away credits getting their number up to 3 before the final.
Forgive the nerdy, pedantic reply, but Burnley tickets went on sale after the 'deadline' to have three away credits for the Semi final - I know this as a mate of mine did exactly the same and was then unable to buy a semi ticket even though his membership showed he had 3 away credits

ColoursInMyHead

TheCook wrote:
ColoursInMyHead wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
Forgive the nerdy, pedantic reply, but Burnley tickets went on sale after the 'deadline' to have three away credits for the Semi final - I know this as a mate of mine did exactly the same and was then unable to buy a semi ticket even though his membership showed he had 3 away credits
Yeah - but not for the Final. Last year the Final tickets went to 3+ too.

ColoursInMyHead

Did it sell out then? Can't see it on my login page anymore.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

ColoursInMyHead wrote:Did it sell out then? Can't see it on my login page anymore.
No mate, they're off sale until at least the 7th of April when the ST holders on standby will have to log in to see if they've got a ticket. Looking at the seat-map there are plenty left in the upper tiers:

ColoursInMyHead

Henry is a Gooner wrote:
ColoursInMyHead wrote:Did it sell out then? Can't see it on my login page anymore.
No mate, they're off sale until at least the 7th of April when the ST holders on standby will have to log in to see if they've got a ticket. Looking at the seat-map there are plenty left in the upper tiers:

Hmm, there's two STs in our group that weren't put into the ballot. There's just enough seats to give us hope, but not enough to give us a chance.

ColoursInMyHead

BTW - For those of you who were already pissed off that Reading ST holders got 3 tickets each. Now Reading FC membership card holders with '10 Royalty Points' can also get 3 tickets. For those wondering you get 10 Royalty points for attending a home fixture.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

ColoursInMyHead wrote:BTW - For those of you who were already pissed off that Reading ST holders got 3 tickets each. Now Reading FC membership card holders with '10 Royalty Points' can also get 3 tickets. For those wondering you get 10 Royalty points for attending a home fixture.
Not an expert on this by any means but my reading of this is a Reading fan could if he/she wished get to see their club in Wembley and make a tidy profit from the day also.. There will be Arsenal fans everywhere. Arsenal fans that will have paid over the odds that is.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

As we speak reading have sold 28,500 and we have loads of tickets left in the upper tier. Isn't ticketing for Wembley matches an utter farce these days.

ColoursInMyHead

nut flush gooner wrote:As we speak reading have sold 28,500 and we have loads of tickets left in the upper tier. Isn't ticketing for Wembley matches an utter farce these days.
I don't think that 'live' map of Wembley is accurate. It hasn't changed for days, meanwhile thousands of people on the 'standby' list have been offered tickets. When Tuesday rolls around I suspect it won't have changed and our allocation to be announced as sold out.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Madjeski holds 24,000
Attendance today v Cardiff - less than 18,000 :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

armchair wrote:Madjeski holds 24,000
Attendance today v Cardiff - less than 18,000 :roll:

Saw a report from there on Sky yesterday, there were hundreds of empty seats behind the reporter. How can their season ticket holders and members with ten "Royalty" points be allowed to buy three tickets for the semi final ? I know Arsenal fans from Dublin who go to ten plus games per season who wouldn't even dream of looking for a ticket for this game.
Yet on semi final day the Reading fans will be billed as "what the Cup is all about" :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i don't actually have that much of a problem with Reading getting the same number of seats as us (even though this means I don't get a ticket)

the problem I have is the high number of neutral tickets for both this and in particular the final - that is the real scandal here