FA Cup Semi - Drinking Venue - The Globe Baker Street

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

FA Cup Semi - Drinking Venue - The Globe Baker Street

Post by nut flush gooner »

In before that twat decides to post about his rip off party for £15 quid. Fry up at the Volunteer then beers at the Globe from midday.

Who is up for it, lets make sure those once a year Reading twats don't get off the train at Paddington and try to take our lucky pub!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Rugby Gooner

Re: FA Cup Semi - Drinking Venue - The Globe Baker Street

Post by Rugby Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:In before that twat decides to post about his rip off party for £15 quid. Fry up at the Volunteer then beers at the Globe from midday.

Who is up for it, lets make sure those once a year Reading twats don't get off the train at Paddington and try to take our lucky pub!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Pwoper Nawty!!! :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Do you have some financial interest in the Globe? Bordering on obsession :lol:

nut flush gooner

northbank123 wrote:Do you have some financial interest in the Globe? Bordering on obsession :lol:
I wish! I'm sure I told you before I was barred last year, but a very nice looking barmaid took pity on me and served me every time I went to get the drinks in,

It's more superstition, having a fry up at the volunteer then beers at the globe has a 100% success rate for the boys. So why not carry out what is becoming tradition!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

nut flush gooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Do you have some financial interest in the Globe? Bordering on obsession :lol:
I wish! I'm sure I told you before I was barred last year, but a very nice looking barmaid took pity on me and served me every time I went to get the drinks in,

It's more superstition, having a fry up at the volunteer then beers at the globe has a 100% success rate for the boys. So why not carry out what is becoming tradition!
Which matches so far??

nut flush gooner

Eboue-Why? wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Which matches so far??
Last years FA Cup Semi and Final.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Keep fucking doing whatever works, mate! :lol: 8) We used to religiously get the red eye over from Dublin and then ALWAYS get a fry up in the Madeira Star II café and we won most of those games so that was lucky for us. Then that café closed and we next tried having beers in the Gunners first, followed by a couple quick beers in the Barn, and then back to the Gunners before heading to the ground as a lucky routine, but that had mixed results. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Good call it is down to Gooners to keep Tradition alive - because the present board/owner don't give a toss about such things - the only thing they are interested in is profit. CEEEEUUUNNTTTSS

:barscarf:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

will the globe show the game? might go on the off chance of getting a ticket but it would be handy if they were showing it when I inevitably get nowhere near getting a ticket :lol:

nut flush gooner

They should show the footy, there's a big screen in the pub. Given there will be loads of gooners probably just wanting to sample the atmosphere I doubt they would be stupid enough to show the manure game.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I want to go to this pub. I didn't apply for a semi ticket, neither had intention of going over but nut flush has done such a great job promoting this place I feel the need to go there.

:shock: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:I want to go to this pub. I didn't apply for a semi ticket, neither had intention of going over but nut flush has done such a great job promoting this place I feel the need to go there.

Don't bother it's shut for renovations 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:I want to go to this pub. I didn't apply for a semi ticket, neither had intention of going over but nut flush has done such a great job promoting this place I feel the need to go there.

Don't bother it's shut for renovations 8)
:cry: :cry:

Why would nut flush be so cruel? Booked the flights already :banghead:

Guess it'll have to be Phibbers

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

It's also the "traditional" pre home game hostelry for England matches, which can put another light on the place

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Was thinking the same thing.... :?