Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: Abou Diaby - Injuries Thread

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:The only outrage will be from me if we don't back a guy who is so much more naturally talented than the rest of the squad combined
And what use is it?

:?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He is looking all over London for the Lesser Spotted Diaby!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30114824

:D :barscarf:

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

To be fair, if Diaby gets a new contract then it says that Wenger has more power than the board. I bare no ill will to Diaby and if he remains contracted then I hope he does well BUT if it is anything other than a menial deal they both should go. Diaby is indebted to the club and frankly should play for free once fit - he owes the club. I know you can't help injuries but geez he's done well for doing nothing.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

From Wengers Press Conference today:-

"Abou Diaby is on the brink of returning to training. If he's fully fit, he'll have a new deal"

WTF? A new deal? Why oh Why is this happening. Nothing against Diaby but why are we throwing good money after bad?

Begger belief :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger = Clueless, Useless, Fuckwit.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:From Wengers Press Conference today:-

"Abou Diaby is on the brink of returning to training. If he's fully fit, he'll have a new deal"

WTF? A new deal? Why oh Why is this happening. Nothing against Diaby but why are we throwing good money after bad?

Best bloody news in a long time.......ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I was recently asked by an Arsenal supporter a rhetorical question . " just how much would Arsenal have won if Diaby hadn't suffered all those injuries ? " went on to say the injuries were not just cruel on Diaby but also Arsenal.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Bradywasking wrote:I was recently asked by an Arsenal supporter a rhetorical question . " just how much would Arsenal have won if Diaby hadn't suffered all those injuries ? " went on to say the injuries were not just cruel on Diaby but also Arsenal.
that steveo is a funny character ain't he :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:From Wengers Press Conference today:-

To be fair ol' peanut head has been on the brink of returning to training since 2010 so not much of a story here. L'Asshole's millionaire love child making a fortune without ever kicking a ball. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:I was recently asked by an Arsenal supporter a rhetorical question . " just how much would Arsenal have won if Diaby hadn't suffered all those injuries ? " went on to say the injuries were not just cruel on Diaby but also Arsenal.
that steveo is a funny character ain't he :D
:D

I wish I could take the credit for that mate......words right out of my mouth

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:Wenger = Clueless, Useless, Fuckwit.
I concur 8)

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

In Footbal365 mails page was quite funny mail about Abooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... :lol: :lol:

Abou Diary
7am - Woke up and jumped out of bed in excitement at the day ahead. Unfortunately I landed awkwardly on my left ankle which has broken in three places

8.30am - After patching up my ankle I hobble downstairs for breakfast and sit down at the table. Mrs Diaby walks in and makes me jump and fall off my chair landing badly on my elbow.

8.32am - Mrs Diaby binds my elbow with bandages but when doing so slips with the scissors and inadvertently stabs me in the arm, severing an artery, which she then fixes with a plaster after the loss of multiple pints of blood.

10.02am - After coming off the phone to my agent I get in the car to head off to London Colney to meet M. Wenger. I manage to avoid my fingers jamming in the car door but in doing so knock myself out for three and a half minutes when the door hit my head. Oddly I wake up thinking I'm Patrick Vieira. This passes.

10.30am - I arrive at London Colney and walk towards my team mates smiling and waving. Alas I didn't see a deep puddle which turns my other ankle providing me with a sprain.

10.35am - Late for my meeting with M. Wenger he tells me he feels I'm little bit important to the team and he wants me to sign a new contract as I'm doing so well and I really could be the new Patrick Vieira (perhaps this was an earlier premonition). I duly sign the contract extension. This made me feel good.

2.30pm - Half way through the training session I am tackled by my good friend Mathieu Flamini (funny guy). Great jokes but unfortunately he made contact between my knee and my ankle causing a compound fracture. I've been told I have 6 months to return. Luckily M. Wenger has faith in me so I head home to Mrs Diaby to tell her the news.
JazGooner

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Herd wrote:what a Guy that Wenger is, done more for Helpless Africans over the years than those wankers Geldhof and Bono ever have !

FACT ! :)
Every time Bono clicks his fingers, a bone in Abou disintegrates. :(

"Well stop fucking clicking them then!"

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Wenger is a first-class bollockmonger. Nothing would surprise me but I'd guess Diaby wont actually be given a new contract. I think he just purposely comes out with this sort of shite sometimes knowing there'll be a bit of an uproar among us & then when it doesn't actually happen he can portray it as an example of everyone getting worked up over nothing & criticising him unjustly. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wenger's charity for terminally-injured, ageing and less able footballers is going to embarking on its most generous project yet :roll:

He's just saying it because he can. A few scrappy wins and all of a sudden he's smug as fuck