FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:@2-0 would be nice for the heart but any win will do as long as we go through. :barscarf:
:rubchin:

Yo! Nuggs ! :wink: I said have you ever thought of waiting till you have 2 comments to post then -posting just once so that you can then edit the second one to say the second comment?
:mrgreen:

:D :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

gp543 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
gp543 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:I'll be trying to find a bar in Lanzarote providing I dont get delayed by the French air traffic controllers,I cannot imagine for a second Reading can completely ruin my holiday,I see a nervy 2-1 win. :barscarf:
Try the Old Town Sports Bar in Puerto del Carmen fella. Watched the 2011 LC final there. Hope you have better luck!
I'll be in Costa Teguise,is it near there?
Afraid not, about 20km away down the coast. Are you staying at a hotel?
Yeah,the Divers or something? I had nothing to do with the booking,my Spud brother-in-law booked it,so I fucking hope we win because him and his brother will torture me all week if not!!

Is there anywhere you know of in Teguise?

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

looking forward to this :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:I don't agree with this bollocks of giving your reserve keeper a game in the cup, especially at this stage. If you're putting out your best 10 outfield players why would you then choose to play your second choice keeper. Doesn't make any sense to me. If he costs us a win in this or the final with one of.his brain farts...... :twisted:
agree 100%....
At Wembley in semi final of FA Cup has to be your first choice 11 playing, another stupid decision......one of many im afraid

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Reading are total tripe; they score a goal a game on average and ship them for fun at the other end. If we lose this it will rank as one of our worst ever capitulations (saying something) because they really are a piss-poor side.

4-0. :barscarf:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

officepest wrote:Reading are total tripe; they score a goal a game on average and ship them for fun at the other end. If we lose this it will rank as one of our worst ever capitulations (saying something) because they really are a piss-poor side.

So were Birmingham :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

This will be piss easy........I will be shocked if we don't win by 4 goals (4-0 or 5-1) and that will be with us going at half pace for the last 30 minutes.

I know that people talk about the magic of the fa cup when small clubs can beat the bigger clubs, but for me that has diminished somewhat because of the huge gulf in financial resources nowadays :( Reading will enjoy their day out and arrive with no expectations to win cos they aint even a good team in their division, and we will absolutely steamroll them :roll: I would guess that the tv viewing figures will be the lowest ever for a cup semi because by half time most neutral's will have turned over to watch the manure v chavs game

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

They are dropping the criteria terribly slowly- Monday it was Reds/ silvers with 44 games attended, today 40- Its a fair way of them doing it, but exceedingly slow- may not sell out till Thursday :shock:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

robbo10 wrote:
gp543 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
gp543 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:I'll be trying to find a bar in Lanzarote providing I dont get delayed by the French air traffic controllers,I cannot imagine for a second Reading can completely ruin my holiday,I see a nervy 2-1 win. :barscarf:
Try the Old Town Sports Bar in Puerto del Carmen fella. Watched the 2011 LC final there. Hope you have better luck!
I'll be in Costa Teguise,is it near there?
Afraid not, about 20km away down the coast. Are you staying at a hotel?
Yeah,the Divers or something? I had nothing to do with the booking,my Spud brother-in-law booked it,so I fucking hope we win because him and his brother will torture me all week if not!!

Is there anywhere you know of in Teguise?
Sorry mate, no idea. Reception at the hotel should be able to sort you. Some of the bars have bookies right in them from what I remember.

silus

Post by silus »

Leyton Gooner wrote:I don't agree with this bollocks of giving your reserve keeper a game in the cup, especially at this stage. If you're putting out your best 10 outfield players why would you then choose to play your second choice keeper. Doesn't make any sense to me. If he costs us a win in this or the final with one of.his brain farts...... :twisted:
Still pisses me off that Flappy played in last yrs final.
Haven't won a trophy for yrs, in the final of the cup, nothing else to play for....on what planet must you be on to wake up and think "I know...I'll play my second best goalkeeper....who's shit....and leaving in a couple of weeks....i'm a fucking genius me" :rubchin:

No wonder people call him the self harmer.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:If we don't win by 6 clear goals it will be a shocking result :barscarf:

Perhaps we'll rely on the tried and tested formula for playing reading - we go 4 down then score 6 they score 1 then we score 1....

We need the Beast up front. :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The chavs v mancs game kicks off at the same time, shouldn't happen for cup semis but if you sell your soul to tv you pay the price.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
officepest wrote:Reading are total tripe; they score a goal a game on average and ship them for fun at the other end. If we lose this it will rank as one of our worst ever capitulations (saying something) because they really are a piss-poor side.

So were Birmingham :oops: :oops:
Blues were, at least, a top-flight side; although fuck knows how and not for long after they beat us. That 'performance' still gives me the fear. :cussing:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Could not give a flying fuck about the score, just a win and get to the Final, and get that 11th FA CUP Trophy

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Redarmy wrote:Could not give a flying fuck about the score, just a win and get to the Final, and get that 11th FA CUP Trophy

12th if we win it .