FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: FA Cup Semi Final v Reading

Post by nut flush gooner »

Monkeymaw wrote:
augie wrote:
Monkeymaw wrote:After looking at some of the comments posted during the game i would suggest that the posters refrain from using the Internet in future and just watch the game without distraction and need to post bollox. They might enjoy it.
Seems the modern fans think we had easy paths through to finals in the past and we should knock small teams away with no bother.
Modern fans get right on my tits butt I won't let them spoil a great day for the Arsenal.

A great day ? Seriously ?? It's good that we are through to the final but no sane person could claim that to have been "great" :oops:
That's my point exactly. We are through to a FA cup final. I have drunk a lot of beer and watch 2 hrs of football where Arsenal have been scored more goals than the opposition. A great day. I don't give a shit is we haven't ponced about like Barca.
Exactly, today has cost me well over £100 in ticket, beer and food but I am happy. We where supposed to thump Reading but we didn't. Does that bother me? No not really.

What does bother me is the holier than thou armchair fan that comes on here talking bollocks because exactly as the poster has pointed out, that's what the internet has created. It wasn't a great performance but we won ugly again. A few seasons ago it was continually pointed out that we couldn't win in this way..........

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:
Monkeymaw wrote:After looking at some of the comments posted during the game i would suggest that the posters refrain from using the Internet in future and just watch the game without distraction and need to post bollox. They might enjoy it.
Seems the modern fans think we had easy paths through to finals in the past and we should knock small teams away with no bother.
Modern fans get right on my tits butt I won't let them spoil a great day for the Arsenal.

A great day ? Seriously ?? It's good that we are through to the final but no sane person could claim that to have been "great" :oops:
Agree with this.

We were poor today and Reading played above themselves. Wellbeck was dreadful in my opinion and Giroud looked immense by comparison when he came on.
In real terms with our squad we should put these type of teams to the sword regardless of our line up.

Always a great day when you reach a final but if we play like that on the day it won't matter if we are playing the victims or the villains, we'll get royally butt-fucked by either of them.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

BFG4 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Apparently, that goal by Sanchez was the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of football. If that had been the other way around, the TV would have been in hysterics.

We were shit but got through. That is the FA Cup. In the final now so let's finish the job.
Are BBC showing the final? That was the first time I ever watched a game on mute. Between Lineker, Shearer, Roberts, and Murphy, it was the greatest collection of wankers ever :banghead: I can understand the excitement of seeing the underdog doing well, but they pushed it to the extent that it turned into Reading fan TV, and couldn't listen to them any longer.

My favourite was:

Murphy: "Yakubu's finishing is absolutely incredible!"
Co-commentator: "He's scored one goal this year"

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Supagoon wrote:of course it's a great day we're in the final.
Wrong the Final is a great day, getting to the final is an adequate day... :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Exactly, today has cost me well over £100 in ticket, beer and food but I am happy. We where supposed to thump Reading but we didn't. Does that bother me? No not really.

What does bother me is the holier than thou armchair fan that comes on here talking bollocks because exactly as the poster has pointed out, that's what the internet has created. It wasn't a great performance but we won ugly again. A few seasons ago it was continually pointed out that we couldn't win in this way..........
I respect you for still making the effort but there are some of us who made the decision to become "armchair fans" a long time ago and will remain so until there's a change of manager and in some cases a change at board level. There's nothing I'd like to do more than follow the Arsenal again like I used to but I made the decision not to until things change. I'm delighted we're in another final but I'm not going to lose sight of the bigger picture because of that

gp543

Post by gp543 »

off nut in the States. Gibbs can fuck off and Ospina must start the final.

Hope the victims get done tomorrow morning

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Chel$ki win means our 'Double Chance" has gone. Please don't moan about the way we won - just enjoy it. We're in the feckin' final again. G'mon you Gunners :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

A Win is a Win.....Pretty football or Ugly football its still a win .....you dont get extra points or an easier draw if you play pretty ...And dont forget you can play pretty football and LOSE .....Enjoy the moment and savour ANOTHER FA CUP FINAL ....and come on VILLA Today

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Point of course is that Wenger made it a very great deal harder by playing 2 rusty backs, a dropped goalie and an out of form striker.

Im sure we are all delighted that we are through but embarrassed at the way we did it. Think every fan has the right to point out what a right royal mess of it we so nearly made of it :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A cracking day out and sore head this morning.....and an overwhelming sense of relief too !

We were chatting about it on here yesterday and as I feared the old cliché about "don't change a winning team" certainly rung true as did my fears about another Monaco, Bradford, Birmingham, Bradford "don't worry this lot are shit" attitude on the day. Wenger made 4 changes and they were all a disaster - Chesney was pathetic for their goal, Debuchy clearly not fit, Gibbs had a mare and Welbeck looked as effective as he has done for most of the last six months. Brought Giroud on and turned the game because finally someone was up front who could hold the ball up and bring all of the midfielders back into the game. Thank fuck for Federici too !

Anyways, all of the above wasn't enough to spoil a great day and the prospect of taking revenge over the Murdering filth from Merseyside......I haven't forgotten that bastard Owen robbing us of what was rightfully ours in 2001

Oh, and by the way. Martin Atkinson - absolute crunt

mickess

Post by mickess »

SteveO 35 wrote:A cracking day out and sore head this morning.....and an overwhelming sense of relief too !

We were chatting about it on here yesterday and as I feared the old cliché about "don't change a winning team" certainly rung true as did my fears about another Monaco, Bradford, Birmingham, Bradford "don't worry this lot are shit" attitude on the day. Wenger made 4 changes and they were all a disaster - Chesney was pathetic for their goal, Debuchy clearly not fit, Gibbs had a mare and Welbeck looked as effective as he has done for most of the last six months. Brought Giroud on and turned the game because finally someone was up front who could hold the ball up and bring all of the midfielders back into the game. Thank fuck for Federici too !

Anyways, all of the above wasn't enough to spoil a great day and the prospect of taking revenge over the Murdering filth from Merseyside......I haven't forgotten that bastard Owen robbing us of what was rightfully ours in 2001

Oh, and by the way. Martin Atkinson - absolute crunt
I couldn't agree more. We all knew he was going to change the keeper, but both full backs? We have had a stable defence
recently and you can't change 3 of the five without there being problems.

augie

Post by augie »

I find it very ironic that fans complain about other fans being armchair internet fans, when they are posting on the same website as the one's that they are slating :roll: :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We were dire yesterday,but fuck it we are in the final again,I'll take tht.Gibbs was absolute dog shit,he brings nothing to the team.You can say chesney should have saved the equalizer,but Gibbs wasnt watching behind him as the ball floated over his head.How debuchy lasted 120 mins was a miracle,he was knackered.

As for the final he has to play his best team.Play like we did yesterday and no matter who we play we will get beaten.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

augie wrote:

Apart from us eventually getting a lucky goal we were fooking dire great day yea right, and we ALL talk bollocks from time to time, its our right :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

we won and in the cup final, thats all that matters :barscarf: