The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Simon

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by Simon »

Have to say I find the overhang at Wembley does impact on the view and atmosphere, so I avoid the back few rows. However not nearly as bad as some grounds and would be a tolerable trade-off for many. The overhang does feel a bit letterbox, but shouldn't impede the view of the pitch.

Managed to get first row in Block 524 as will be with my Dad who wouldn't be able to stand for the whole match, so reasonably happy, even 'though it is feels very high up there. It does annoy me that the choice centre blocks are never available for ordinary supporters.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Keep getting row 40 something? How do I get a closer one?
try sticking a multiple of 10 in the basket then pick the one you want

Henry is a Gooner

Simon wrote:Have to say I find the overhang at Wembley does impact on the view and atmosphere, so I avoid the back few rows. However not nearly as bad as some grounds and would be a tolerable trade-off for many. The overhang does feel a bit letterbox, but shouldn't impede the view of the pitch.

Managed to get first row in Block 524 as will be with my Dad who wouldn't be able to stand for the whole match, so reasonably happy, even 'though it is feels very high up there. It does annoy me that the choice centre blocks are never available for ordinary supporters.
I had the very back row last year & I know the views okay but paying £90 it's nice to have a choice & I def prefer to be in the open

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Block 112, Row 33 :barscarf:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Simon wrote:Have to say I find the overhang at Wembley does impact on the view and atmosphere, so I avoid the back few rows. However not nearly as bad as some grounds and would be a tolerable trade-off for many. The overhang does feel a bit letterbox, but shouldn't impede the view of the pitch.
I've just been looking at my photos from last year, taken standing up from row 43 (second from back) and the "overhang" barely creeps into shot. You can see fully beyond it to the other end of the ground, plus the roof and blue sky. If I knew how to post pics on here I would. A "letterbox" it aint.

Simon

Post by Simon »

It may vary around the stadium. I was in Row 43 or 44 in a south block for the semi last year and found the overhang did impair my enjoyment - view of pitch was unimpeded, but I couldn't see the supporters on the other side of the stadium or the sky and I wouldn't choose a seat there again. As I said, for many it won't be an issue and the effect may be different depending on the block. YMMV.

spot

Post by spot »

Simon wrote:It may vary around the stadium. I was in Row 43 or 44 in a south block for the semi last year and found the overhang did impair my enjoyment - view of pitch was unimpeded, but I couldn't see the supporters on the other side of the stadium or the sky and I wouldn't choose a seat there again. As I said, for many it won't be an issue and the effect may be different depending on the block.
Yes looking at some pictures and directly behind the goal it looks like there is little or no overhang, whereas there is a clear one to the sides.
I've ended up in row 43 block 111. Wish I knew the tactic of stating more seats to get a lower row and then deleting most of them.

Henry is a Gooner

Robin_L wrote:
I've just been looking at my photos from last year, taken standing up from row 43 (second from back) and the "overhang" barely creeps into shot. You can see fully beyond it to the other end of the ground, plus the roof and blue sky. If I knew how to post pics on here I would. A "letterbox" it aint.
If I knew how to make these photos smaller I would :banghead:

Block 130 Row 44, not too shabby

Goodison's letterbox :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Henry is a Gooner wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Keep getting row 40 something? How do I get a closer one?
That is a cracking idea but I didn't see it in time. Thanks, anyway, old chap.

Henry is a Gooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Henry is a Gooner wrote:
That is a cracking idea but I didn't see it in time. Thanks, anyway, old chap.
Save it for next year mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

My view from the back row of 131 (or was it 132?) last year. You can clearly see the overhang which was just above my head even though I'm only 5ft9.

*edit - how do I make that smaller?

Perryashburtongroves

ColoursInMyHead wrote:My view from the back row of 131 (or was it 132?) last year. You can clearly see the overhang which was just above my head even though I'm only 5ft9.

*edit - how do I make that smaller?

Have you tried a smaller camera?
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

Should be the live map of which blocks are available for those people in the ballot!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

block 110 :barscarf:

silus

Post by silus »

Block 110 row 39.
Happy with that...i think your best off being back of lower or front of upper...was upper for last yr semi/final and charity shield/semi this yr and thought atmosphere was decent except for the reading game, so thought I'd try lower this time...nice to pay 94.40 for the privilege as well :shock: :shock: