The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BournemouthRED

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by BournemouthRED »

silus wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
silus wrote:Block 110 row 39.
Happy with that...i think your best off being back of lower or front of upper...was upper for last yr semi/final and charity shield/semi this yr and thought atmosphere was decent except for the reading game, so thought I'd try lower this time...nice to pay 94.40 for the privilege as well :shock: :shock:

Row 38. 8)
I hope your not one of those annoying types that stands up and sings all through the game as I shall be trying to record the match on my ipad......sit downnnnn!!!!!! :wink:
I'll be in the pub, my Japanese tourist friend will be there filming it on his iPad too

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BournemouthRED wrote:
silus wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
Happy with that...i think your best off being back of lower or front of upper...was upper for last yr semi/final and charity shield/semi this yr and thought atmosphere was decent except for the reading game, so thought I'd try lower this time...nice to pay 94.40 for the privilege as well :shock: :shock:

Row 38. 8)
I hope your not one of those annoying types that stands up and sings all through the game as I shall be trying to record the match on my ipad......sit downnnnn!!!!!! :wink:
I'll be in the pub, my Japanese tourist friend will be there filming it on his iPad too
I hope they sell those half-half scarves too. I just love to have one of those round my neck whilst reading the newspaper during the game.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
mickess wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
mickess wrote:Would avoid upper tier unless no other choice. It takes for ever to get out after the match.
Have been lower tier last year and this and have seats in Block 113 row 27. Ideal position for atmosphere, view and getting in and out quickly.
Youre not a real fan though are you, as you arent leaving early and arriving late :wink:
Never left a match early in 45 years of support. Always cheer the team off the pitch, win or lose. Even went to the daytime matches in the 3 day week!! But that was in the 1970's. In the pub before the matchand always arrive early at the ground. Never sit, always sing and shout. Go toalmost all the awaymatches and as many European away matches as I can.

So yes I'm not a real fan am I? And I still stand by my comment of getting into and out of the match quickly. But maybe you like to queue for the tube for hours after the match.
He was only joking, mate. Note the "winky" emoticon in his post. :wink:
And also it states you Aren't leaving early and arriving late !

Beware of the sarcasm before you post :)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Just watch villa's highlights v Everton and have to say I'm getting a little worried

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
silus wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:

Row 38. 8)
I hope they sell those half-half scarves too. I just love to have one of those round my neck whilst reading the newspaper during the game.
Did last years half/half scarf have ARSEHULL written on it? :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

BournemouthRED wrote:
silus wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:

Row 38. 8)

Reading a newspaper at a match is so yesterday, I go for the I.pad for the online FT.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

What's the link for to check for the ballot again? The confirmation email didn't get sent to me.

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

ColoursInMyHead wrote:What's the link for to check for the ballot again? The confirmation email didn't get sent to me.

Did u try the arsenal website. I thought it was on the ticket information page for the cup final

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Christ I hope we destroy them. Timmy was at his "Lone Warrior" shite again at the weekend. :oops: :oops:

The very thought of Timmy winning the FA Cup single-handedly makes me sick in my own mouth. How the deluded fucker gets his head in through normal sized doors is beyond me. :roll:

I get the feeling he speaks in the third person present tense. :lol: :censored:

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

ColoursInMyHead wrote:What's the link for to check for the ballot again? The confirmation email didn't get sent to me.
Here we go mate: https://bookings.arsenal.com/matchday/login.htm

Registrations for the FA Cup Final against Aston Villa on Saturday, May 30, 2015 are now closed.
As with all fixtures, any application for a particular game does not guarantee match tickets.

As expected the Club has received significantly more registrations of interest than tickets available, as a consequence a random ballot will be held.

Lead applicants will be able to view the status of their application online from 11am on Friday, May 8, 2015 - please note there will be no email communication for this phase of the process. Those with a status of "successful" will be guaranteed one ticket per successful Member provided tickets are purchased within the allotted time window.

Tickets will be available to purchase from 10am on Monday, May 11, 2015 until 10am on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

Henry is a Gooner wrote:
Here we go mate: https://bookings.arsenal.com/matchday/login.htm

Registrations for the FA Cup Final against Aston Villa on Saturday, May 30, 2015 are now closed.
As with all fixtures, any application for a particular game does not guarantee match tickets.

As expected the Club has received significantly more registrations of interest than tickets available, as a consequence a random ballot will be held.

Lead applicants will be able to view the status of their application online from 11am on Friday, May 8, 2015 - please note there will be no email communication for this phase of the process. Those with a status of "successful" will be guaranteed one ticket per successful Member provided tickets are purchased within the allotted time window.

Tickets will be available to purchase from 10am on Monday, May 11, 2015 until 10am on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.

Cheers - dealing with a few cards on a friend's account. I thought that might be the link, but I seem to remember the page being more of a 'check here on the 8th' with an actual log in option. Anyway - supposed to get the confirmation email forwarded to me tomorrow so will be 100% then - and there's plenty of time anyway. Given the amount of green blocks on the map, and given our luck in the past few ballots, I'm confident those cards will get in.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

BournemouthRED wrote:
silus wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:

Row 38. 8)

Seeing the amount of "supporters" at the Chelsea game last week wearing the half and half scarves just goes to show how friendly we are now with our pals from West London :rubchin: :banghead: :cussing:
Next year it'll be a half/half Arsenal Spurs scarf for all the fuckwits.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Maybe I'm being picky but don't you think charging supporters up to £10 to watch a screening of the Cup Final at the Bowl is taking the piss.
Surely as its the showpiece occasion of the season, and now that they are wallowing in a £billion TV contract, the least the club can do is put on a free screening for all Arsenal fans.

Why aren't the various supporter groups taking this up with the club????

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

SPARKSY wrote:Maybe I'm being picky but don't you think charging supporters up to £10 to watch a screening of the Cup Final at the Bowl is taking the piss.
Surely as its the showpiece occasion of the season, and now that they are wallowing in a £billion TV contract, the least the club can do is put on a free screening for all Arsenal fans.

Because the focus will be on Wembley, not what's happening at Emirates. If you don't want to pay a tenner, don't go ; the match is on free to air TV after all. Watch it in a local pub, or watch it at home.

I've seen some petty digs at the supporters clubs on this forum, but this one is right up there for it's ridiculousness.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

TheCook wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:Maybe I'm being picky but don't you think charging supporters up to £10 to watch a screening of the Cup Final at the Bowl is taking the piss.

Because the focus will be on Wembley, not what's happening at Emirates. If you don't want to pay a tenner, don't go ; the match is on free to air TV after all. Watch it in a local pub, or watch it at home.

I've seen some petty digs at the supporters clubs on this forum, but this one is right up there for it's ridiculousness.
You've said it yourself, FREE to air TV in the pubs or at home but PAY to watch it at the Bowl :rubchin:
Yes you do have a choice not to go there but I would think it would be a decent gesture by the club to allow all those who can't get tickets, to watch together, without having to pay. :box: