The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by TheCook »

SPARKSY wrote:
TheCook wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:Maybe I'm being picky but don't you think charging supporters up to £10 to watch a screening of the Cup Final at the Bowl is taking the piss.
Surely as its the showpiece occasion of the season, and now that they are wallowing in a £billion TV contract, the least the club can do is put on a free screening for all Arsenal fans.

Why aren't the various supporter groups taking this up with the club????
Because the focus will be on Wembley, not what's happening at Emirates. If you don't want to pay a tenner, don't go ; the match is on free to air TV after all. Watch it in a local pub, or watch it at home.

I've seen some petty digs at the supporters clubs on this forum, but this one is right up there for it's ridiculousness.
You've said it yourself, FREE to air TV in the pubs or at home but PAY to watch it at the Bowl :rubchin:
Yes you do have a choice not to go there but I would think it would be a decent gesture by the club to allow all those who can't get tickets, to watch together, without having to pay. :box:
Well, let's agree to disagree here ; It ain't free to open the stadium and employ all the stewards and stadium staff to allow this event to go ahead. All the while the match going fans who have attended the required number of away games have to pay £70 (or whatever it is) minimum to watch the game in person. By all means debate this, but to call on the supporters clubs to be protesting against it is a bizarre comment.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

TheCook wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
TheCook wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:Maybe I'm being picky but don't you think charging supporters up to £10 to watch a screening of the Cup Final at the Bowl is taking the piss.
Surely as its the showpiece occasion of the season, and now that they are wallowing in a £billion TV contract, the least the club can do is put on a free screening for all Arsenal fans.

Why aren't the various supporter groups taking this up with the club????
Because the focus will be on Wembley, not what's happening at Emirates. If you don't want to pay a tenner, don't go ; the match is on free to air TV after all. Watch it in a local pub, or watch it at home.

I've seen some petty digs at the supporters clubs on this forum, but this one is right up there for it's ridiculousness.
You've said it yourself, FREE to air TV in the pubs or at home but PAY to watch it at the Bowl :rubchin:
Yes you do have a choice not to go there but I would think it would be a decent gesture by the club to allow all those who can't get tickets, to watch together, without having to pay. :box:
Well, let's agree to disagree here ; It ain't free to open the stadium and employ all the stewards and stadium staff to allow this event to go ahead. All the while the match going fans who have attended the required number of away games have to pay £70 (or whatever it is) minimum to watch the game in person. By all means debate this, but to call on the supporters clubs to be protesting against it is a bizarre comment.
Spoilsport :D . They could open the stadium free of charge, as a gesture.

Block6er

Post by Block6er »

Sorry to randomly change the subject but does anyone who's been to Wembley remember if you go in via different turnstiles for upper and lower tier? Or is it like Arsenal where you go upstairs once you're in?

Thanks!

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

Block6er wrote:Sorry to randomly change the subject but does anyone who's been to Wembley remember if you go in via different turnstiles for upper and lower tier? Or is it like Arsenal where you go upstairs once you're in?

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware u go in different turnstiles for upper and lower tier. I was upper tier for semi this year and final last year and when u go through the entrance we were directed into an esculator upstairs

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Good look to all in the ballot

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

PITA - unsuccessful. :evil: :censored:

Any spare please let me know! (not my fault I can't go to away games!!!) :box:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Last year 0 from 2
This year 2 from 2
There is a God after all

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Thanks for your sympathy Eboue why?!

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

You can stick your God where the..... 1 out of 5 for my mates, thank f*ck I've got the away credits but it's not the same without the lads :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Please, no complaints, lads and ladies. Let's be thankful that at least the county FA's and the charities and the good old "football family" got their tickets and that none of those tickets will end up in the hands of touts. Ain't that right, Robin_L? :wink:

And the corporate vermin got theirs too, which is a bonus! Yaaay! :barscarf:

Do we really need more than 25,000 Gooners there anyway? Really? :rubchin:

:x :x

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

2 out of 3. One abstention out of our group so the two that want to go get the tickets.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

2 from 4, such a shame the FA give so little, wankers.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

1 in 2.

So yeah, if anyone has a successful ballot they won't use - would love to add it to our order. Like everyone else I suppose.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I hope that AW is planning how to nullify the new boy wonder Grealish :oops:

Bad luck to those unsuccessful in the ballot. :(

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

one and a half hours to get one ticket
got thrown out at the checkout stage twice
ended up 12 rows further back then my original ticket choice :banghead: