The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by nut flush gooner »

gazzatt2 wrote:one and a half hours to get one ticket
got thrown out at the checkout stage twice
ended up 12 rows further back then my original ticket choice :banghead:
Weird how that bar slowly creeps across then just as you expect to see the ticketing page, it kicks you out of the login page! Fortunately as I am learning that the website keeps your place in the queue so you go straight back in.

So we got two tickets towards the front of the upper tier, similar to last year they cost £70 and have a much better view than the lower tier seats which cost £90. Just don't get Wembley's pricing structure. The tickets are a lot more expensive than the semi.

So steve035 seeing as you have broken your Arsenal/Wenger boycott, come and join us at the globe. I'll buy you a larger shandy with a splash of lemonade and umbrella ;).

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Afternoon Chaps,

New to the forums but enjoyed some of the chat for a little while.

Lucky enough to be successful in the ballot again this year, but this time without my old man - so heading to the game on my own. Any suggestions for a good place for beers before? Don't normally go on my own.

Cheers

gp543

Post by gp543 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Weird how that bar slowly creeps across then just as you expect to see the ticketing page, it kicks you out of the login page! Fortunately as I am learning that the website keeps your place in the queue so you go straight back in.

So we got two tickets towards the front of the upper tier, similar to last year they cost £70 and have a much better view than the lower tier seats which cost £90. Just don't get Wembley's pricing structure. The tickets are a lot more expensive than the semi.

So steve035 seeing as you have broken your Arsenal/Wenger boycott, come and join us at the globe. I'll buy you a larger shandy with a splash of lemonade and umbrella ;).
Sympathy's minimal here. You got a ticket. Did you want your seat engraved as well?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gp543 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Sympathy's minimal here. You got a ticket. Did you want your seat engraved as well?
Who said I wanted sympathy. If you read the original point and my reply, its about the website kicking you out at point of purchase and the pricing of what seems like seats with a better view being cheaper.

No need to get your knickers in a twist imo.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
gp543 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Who said I wanted sympathy. If you read the original point and my reply, its about the website kicking you out at point of purchase and the pricing of what seems like seats with a better view being cheaper.

No need to get your knickers in a twist imo.
wasn't sure who that was aimed at just wanted to post the trouble i had with the box office in case it helped others

didn't see any posts when the 3+ credit holders were posting there seats nos !!!

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

hugh jardon wrote:
hartson wrote:101% retaining the cup now
Swindon 69, Ipswich 78, West Ham 80, Luton 88, Zaragoza 95, Galatasary 00, Birmingham 2011...
Why do I have a bad feeling Villa are gonna win this.
Sherwood knows tactics and unfortunately the French bloke doesn't. He will snuff out the likes of Sanchez and Ozil and have us on the back foot.
Secondly, now that safety has/will be assured, I think Villa will want to win it much more than us and will fight that much harder.

I think the next few league games will show us a lot. Bad results and we are going in the wrong direction, finish strongly and it may be different?
Villa on the other hand are definitely on the up :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So then....This is our Second FA Cup Final in 2 years....This is the villans 1st FA Cup Final in feckin' ages (can't be bothered to find out exactly how long since) BUT - The point is they will be sooo UP for this...and if we give them just a glimmer of a chance - they will take it...

Think; Benteke (Beast) vs BFG (Big Fuckin' Girlie), HapHazard Kos and Midget Monreal - Agbonglahour's pace vs BFG......think...Our casual, laid-back, wenger induced comatose approach - and their Hunger for a trophy in feckin' ages.

think - that smirking *word censored* Tim - i made all this happen - holding the trophy - and wenger flailing windmill arms - post-match interviews - with the usual tired, lame excuses....

Exactamondo peeps!

We need to turn up from the very first kick of the ball or forget it.

:? :? :? :| :banghead: :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Fucking worried about the final. Think villa will turn us over :worried:

Was quite pleased we lost to Swansea think it might bring our player back down to earth a bit

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

If this lot don't shape up we will get butt fooked by Villa, they are going to up for this, they will all play like their lives depended on it and we will stroll out expecting to win if last night is anything to go by. Over cocky and over paid that sums up most of our lot....sadly :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

[quote="flash gunner"]Fucking worried about the final. Think villa will turn us over :worried:

Was quite pleased we lost to Swansea think it might bring our player back down to earth a bit[/quote]

Wouldn't disagree but having said that defeat can have the opposite effect on this squad and we might just go into an end of season spiral because of last night.

Very worried about the final, have a horrible feeling that we will endure a 90 minutes like last night but get picked off twice by them.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Is Sherwood capable or willing to send his guys out like a Swansea?

It's always going to be down to the other team how that game goes cos we're not a mystery.

manninger

Post by manninger »

do anyone know ticketbis. com..if so, are the tickets for sale genuine?

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

arseofacrow wrote:Is Sherwood capable or willing to send his guys out like a Swansea?

It's always going to be down to the other team how that game goes cos we're not a mystery.
WE are not thanks to Wonger so predictable tip tap pass back pass sideways and whatever you do don't shoot at the goal. We are not going to win this ...sadly unless we have 100% from every player, Villa will be well up for this.
Last edited by Nuggets on Tue May 12, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

:( .

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Irish TV Company TV3 are showing the FA Cup Final live. This is the first time in many years that an Irish TV station are showing the final...Note to Irish Gooners Avoid this broadcast at all costs including having to listen on radio. They are fucking clueless... First lesson for presenters and commentators alike Learn how to mispronounce the players/managers names. "Arsenal manager ARSINE WINGER" ...