The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by nut flush gooner »

manninger wrote:do anyone know ticketbis. com..if so, are the tickets for sale genuine?
Look at the review centre. Seems like they rarely meet their ticket promises. Personally I would give this site a wide berth.

Where did you get your tickets from last year?

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

Robbo wrote:Afternoon Chaps,

New to the forums but enjoyed some of the chat for a little while.

Lucky enough to be successful in the ballot again this year, but this time without my old man - so heading to the game on my own. Any suggestions for a good place for beers before? Don't normally go on my own.

Cheers
We'll be at the Globe opposite Baker St Station. I didn't go for the semi this year, but has always been good crack before that.

ColoursInMyHead

Post by ColoursInMyHead »

nut flush gooner wrote:
manninger wrote:do anyone know ticketbis. com..if so, are the tickets for sale genuine?
Look at the review centre. Seems like they rarely meet their ticket promises. Personally I would give this site a wide berth.

I know someone who got a ticket for the Final from there last year. On the day.

Just had a look now - and Arsenal fans are selling their lower tier tickets for £2k a piece? Scum.

manninger

Post by manninger »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Got from a ticket compagny called Arte Denmark..sat in Club Level,,gave 700£..would rather sit beside Gooners..i am a Debenture holder, and that gave me at ticket for the CL final in 2006...now a days it gives me a week advance when buying tikcets for PL games towards ordinary Silver members

Saw a compagny called Abbey Sports had a ticket withhotel for 700 £...the cheepest i could find

Coming over from Denmark for vacation wirh family next saturday, so would rahter have it sorted out before that

looked at the review center...not looking good

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Bradywasking wrote:I First lesson for presenters and commentators alike Learn how to mispronounce the players/managers names. "Arsenal manager ARSINE WINGER" ...
TBF many posters call AW a sinner, and certainly he winges all too often, and doesnt use wingers enough, so they may be onto something here :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 times we have got to a final as holders of a cup and then lost. 1972, 1980, 1988, 1995.

And unless I am mistaken, only once have we retained a cup - 2003 in Cardiff.

That means we have never retained any cup at Wembley. Time to change that. Would also mean we equal Spurs feat of retaining the FA Cup twice I believe?

Cant be bothered looking any of this up so I am prepared to be corrected.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of 4 times we have got to a final as holders of a cup and then lost. 1972, 1980, 1988, 1995.

That means we have never retained any cup at Wembley. Time to change that. Would also mean we equal Spurs feat of retaining the FA Cup twice I believe?

2003 was the only time we have retained a Cup, and first time we have retained anything since the League three in a row of the 1930s.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Bradywasking wrote:
Clash wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of 4 times we have got to a final as holders of a cup and then lost. 1972, 1980, 1988, 1995.

2003 was the only time we have retained a Cup, and first time we have retained anything since the League three in a row of the 1930s.
:rubchin: Havent we retained AWs services for almost 20 years in a row, doesnt that count :oops: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation mate. That's a pretty poor retention record for a club of our stature.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:

Does Steve Braddock's groundsman of the year award count for nothing nowadays !!!

Bloody glory hunters :banghead: :banghead:

:wink:

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

i'm more than happy with my seat behind the goal but yet again the best seats have been held back, what a bunch of utter cnuts :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Does Steve Braddock's groundsman of the year award count for nothing nowadays !!!

Where were they when our pitch was shit?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Where were they when our pitch was shit?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Ticket arrived :barscarf:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Henry is a Gooner wrote:Image

i'm more than happy with my seat behind the goal but yet again the best seats have been held back, what a bunch of utter cnuts :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Was that ticket status yesterday. If so what the ferk are they doing blocking off good sideline blocks.