Swansea Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
foxinthebox2001

Re: Swansea Thread

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Swansea started the game without a recognised striker, we finished it without one.
But have no fear, he is about to enter his golden years.

armchair

Post by armchair »

I've got a great idea..........
Lets play a central midfielder outside right and leave our winger on the bench. Then lets take off our defensive midfielder and replace him with......another central midfielder.
Oh yea, then why not take off our striker and replace him with........our winger!

Fukin genius! Why doesnt every manager do that? Its like sub bingo. Then they could be just as successful as Wenger.
#progress

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

TheCook wrote:

been on here a long time now
sit in block 8
i know which part on the North Bank creates the most atmosphere
what will you do if Usmanov takes over
that will end your cosy tie up with Arsenal
hows Redaction's cup final ticket allocation ?[/quote]

Not sure if this was supposed to be a list of questions or not as the format is quite unusual, so I shall answer the ones that do appear to be :

what will you do if Usmanov takes over
Still support Arsenal.

hows Redaction's cup final ticket allocation ?
OK thanks, most of us had 3+ away credits so we didn't have to chance the ballot, but still have a few mates on the lookout. You?[/quote]

i will try and make the questions clear for you

do you think Usmanov will work with Redaction if he becomes the owner of Arsenal ?

has anyone from Redaction had tickets outside normal allocations from Arsenal for ANY Arsenal match ?

what are the latest initiatives to improve the atmosphere ?
it was dire in the first half last night despite the centre on the North Bank trying to start songs

what happened to the girl with the drum ?[/quote]

No ; why would a billionaire care about us?

No

We are continuing with flags and banners, as we cannot force people to sing, but have also got the club to confirm exactly how people can request a season ticket relocation if they want to come into Block 6 ; although space is very limited and it relies on people also requesting to move out. That section needs some new blood.

The drummer was hounded out due to continuous abuse from other fans, so she has not been back to Arsenal since.

Why did you reply twice to my post?[/quote]

you think Usmanov would welcome with open arms a group that marched against him with those banners ?

so Redaction never gets help with tickets unlike very other Arsenal group ?

drums are like marmite
but every away supporters (mostly foreign) that have bought them to the Grove has made a lot of noise

shame about the girl that she got abuse enough to stop her attending

i asked twice as the answers you gave was not what i expected so i rewrote the questions

do you think the away ticket allocation is fair ?
as someone like me with 0 credits has no chance to get a ticket even for the games against the smaller teams

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stats say we have scored 21 goals from set pieces this season,more than any other team in the PL,now judging by last night's attempts at set pieces this has got me hugely confused. :D

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:Stats say we have scored 21 goals from set pieces this season,more than any other team in the PL,now judging by last night's attempts at set pieces this has got me hugely confused. :D

Either the other teams are so shocked when our free kicks/corners clear the first man that they are caught off-guard, or else the rest of the division must be utter dogshite on attacking set pieces :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

West Bromwich are 2nd with 20 goals scored from set pieces but they are also 2nd with 20 goals conceded from set pieces.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Swansea started the game without a recognised striker, we finished it without one.
But have no fear, he is about to enter his golden years.
Feo's golden age was 12 :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:The drummer was hounded out due to continuous abuse from other fans, so she has not been back to Arsenal since.
Whilst I think it is terrible that any Gooner is hounded out of the stadium, I would just add that anyone that brings a fucking drum to a football match is a bit of a fuckwit tbh. Still, maybe someone should just have quietly asked her not to bring the drum?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
TheCook wrote:The drummer was hounded out due to continuous abuse from other fans, so she has not been back to Arsenal since.
Whilst I think it is terrible that any Gooner is hounded out of the stadium, I would just add that anyone that brings a fucking drum to a football match is a bit of a fuckwit tbh. Still, maybe someone should just have quietly asked her not to bring the drum?

I heard someone did tell her not to bring the drum ,but she couldn't hear them because someone was banging a drum.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I heard someone did tell her not to bring the drum ,but she couldn't hear them because someone was banging a drum.
:tumbleweed:

But really;

:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I'm assuming that it was a redaction idea to improve the atmosphere ? Surely a person cant just walk up to the turnstile with a drum and get in without prior permission ? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I'm assuming that it was a redaction idea to improve the atmosphere ? Surely a person cant just walk up to the turnstile with a drum and get in without prior permission ? :?
Yeah, I'd imagine so, but I meant after it became apparent she was annoying other fans, maybe at that point someone should have said leave it at home. I'm assuming she was verballed at a series of games rather than just the first time she turned up? :?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, I'd imagine so, but I meant after it became apparent she was annoying other fans, maybe at that point someone should have said leave it at home. I'm assuming she was verballed at a series of games rather than just the first time she turned up? :?
Hope she didn't ruin the "Stadium Experience" for the fans around her..Could have put them right of their lattes... Having said that can you imagine sitting near a drum ?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

The bayern experience kast night seemed good with plenty of drums. Was more the safe standing that does it IMHO, how the hell can you bash a drum whilst sitting in the stadium seating, albeit cushioned is beyond me :oops:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Good work getting rid of that woman with the drum.

Football will be better off when that lot keep away from stadiums. I'm no fan of drummers getting in either!

:wink: :barscarf: