RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tnektsew

Re: RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

Post by tnektsew »

EddieVedder23 wrote:Hi,
Long time reader but finally registered. I'm a silver member for last 3 years. Joined as a red member back in '03/04 ish.
Anyway, my partner has a red membership (joined about a year or 2 after me).

We emailed last week to see where we were in the queue to becoming silver and was told approx 19,000 or so.
Seems weird cos we have an email from 3 years ago saying 9,000 in the queue.
When i rang to see what the fudge they were up to they said they didnt know where they got the 19,000 number out of and said they couldn't give me a no. until June.

What the fudge are they at? Anyone else get given a no. Recently?
This season keeps getting better & better.
Fucktards!
Fudge :banghead:

Not into that myself. :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

REB wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:
REB wrote:i just got silver after 9/10 years waiting , i signed up the first week of membership and was just wondering if some people got silver faster. cheers for the replys
Same as me. I joined up on the 5th day that it was open and have been waiting ever since. I got my renewal last week and it is for Silver membership.
I'm glad I've got it now as I will be able to get tickets to some of the better games much easier but I'm a little bit pissed off that they now want £60 out of me instead of £30. I mean, what exactly am I getting extra?
same here , annoyed at the price but for me it now means getting a lower tier cheaper ticket rather then paying 65 quid or thereabouts to sit upstairs,

For today's game and the West Brom game there were/are tickets available in every block in the stadium.

Next season you can probably choose your own row on red membership

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I wouldn't even worry about going from Red to Silver, the advantage of that has been minimised by Ticket Exchange / Transfer, even for the bigger games now. Why cost yourself an extra £20 or whatever it is for little gain.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Had the old TRS membership which turned into silver must have had it 20 years or so now

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rodders999 wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:
rodders999 wrote: Where can you check your position?
Email [email protected] and they'll respond after a few days
Cheers. I remember doing that around 4 years ago but heard nothing back, maybe Ivan's sorted that sh1t out 8)
I did, he hasn't :roll:

gunnabegood

Post by gunnabegood »

by EddieVedder23 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi,
Long time reader but finally registered. I'm a silver member for last 3 years. Joined as a red member back in '03/04 ish.

We emailed last week to see where we were in the queue to becoming silver and was told approx 19,000 or so.
When i rang to see what the fudge they were up to they said they didnt know where they got the 19,000 number out of and said they couldn't give me a no. until June.

Fucktards!
Hi, I am a newbie here. I have been a red member for about 10 years and last received a meaningful response on my waiting list position in May 2014 when I was told I was at just over 19000. My youngest son, who has been through junior and cannon club membership, has just been demoted to red membership. Having followed the club's rules very carefully, I believe he was entitled to progress to Silver membership as, according to the club's rules at the point I renewed his membership, his date of birth meant that he would be in the last batch of Cannon Club members entitled to automatic promotion to Silver before the new rules took effect. When I challenged the Club I was quoted a policy which allows it to change the rules - I pointed out that I did not think such a policy should be used other than in extreme circumstances but got nowhere. Anyway, I called them recently to ask where my son is on the Silver waiting list and was told 200,000. Under the new rules (assuming we can rely on them) he should have joined the waiting list at a point based upon his length of membership (approx. 8 years) and so surely 200,000 cannot be correct? I was told that was a preliminary position and to call back for an update but I have emailed the club on a number of occasions only to be told that I shall need to ask again in a few weeks. The popularity of the Club presents red members with a problem - it is overloaded with so many who want match tickets that it does not have the capacity to offer an effective progression scheme. When I joined, I was told it would take me circa 5 years to progress to Silver but I have watched my sons become adults, grabbing tickets where I can along the way, and I suspect I shall qualify for OAP membership before I progress to Silver. I have wasted many hours on the internet trying to get tickets and I have recently been scammed by somebody who claimed to be able to offer a legitimate upgrade because her son had been given that facility as a reward for becoming a ball boy. Desperation got the better of me on that occasion! Anyway, to cut to the chase, I emailed the club again just over a week ago to get an update. They said they could not give me my latest position but gave me the following response: 'This information would be available at the start of the season once the waiting lists positions have been updated'. I don't suppose it is really in the club's interest to reveal a member's current waiting list position too regularly as it is likely to highlight the fact that progression is depressingly slow - we shall see!

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Was a JG but missed out on the cannon club membership by a season I believe. So been a red member for the past 3 season. Now have the joys of trying to purchase tickets whilst at work as soon as they go on sale - not easy!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gunnabegood wrote:
by EddieVedder23 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi,

Fucktards!
Hi, I am a newbie here. I have been a red member for about 10 years and last received a meaningful response on my waiting list position in May 2014 when I was told I was at just over 19000. My youngest son, who has been through junior and cannon club membership, has just been demoted to red membership. Having followed the club's rules very carefully, I believe he was entitled to progress to Silver membership as, according to the club's rules at the point I renewed his membership, his date of birth meant that he would be in the last batch of Cannon Club members entitled to automatic promotion to Silver before the new rules took effect. When I challenged the Club I was quoted a policy which allows it to change the rules - I pointed out that I did not think such a policy should be used other than in extreme circumstances but got nowhere. Anyway, I called them recently to ask where my son is on the Silver waiting list and was told 200,000. Under the new rules (assuming we can rely on them) he should have joined the waiting list at a point based upon his length of membership (approx. 8 years) and so surely 200,000 cannot be correct? I was told that was a preliminary position and to call back for an update but I have emailed the club on a number of occasions only to be told that I shall need to ask again in a few weeks. The popularity of the Club presents red members with a problem - it is overloaded with so many who want match tickets that it does not have the capacity to offer an effective progression scheme. When I joined, I was told it would take me circa 5 years to progress to Silver but I have watched my sons become adults, grabbing tickets where I can along the way, and I suspect I shall qualify for OAP membership before I progress to Silver. I have wasted many hours on the internet trying to get tickets and I have recently been scammed by somebody who claimed to be able to offer a legitimate upgrade because her son had been given that facility as a reward for becoming a ball boy. Desperation got the better of me on that occasion! Anyway, to cut to the chase, I emailed the club again just over a week ago to get an update. They said they could not give me my latest position but gave me the following response: 'This information would be available at the start of the season once the waiting lists positions have been updated'. I don't suppose it is really in the club's interest to reveal a member's current waiting list position too regularly as it is likely to highlight the fact that progression is depressingly slow - we shall see!
I think we need to remember that we are dealing with a club that thinks it is ok to leave a 9 year old daughter unattended on the opposite side of a stadium surrounded by thousands of strangers. :x

Herd

Post by Herd »

Arsenal chop and change to suit their own whims , they probably dont like Silver memberships so they give out as few as possible !
Why Because as a silver theres no point in getting a season ticket and u can cherry pick your games .
Also there are some games they want to hold onto more tickets so they can sell them with Hotel packages with selected partners !
Arsenal use theis change of rules crap all the time to fuck people over all the time ,Ive had similar recently !

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:Arsenal chop and change to suit their own whims , they probably dont like Silver memberships so they give out as few as possible !
Why Because as a silver theres no point in getting a season ticket and u can cherry pick your games .
Also there are some games they want to hold onto more tickets so they can sell them with Hotel packages with selected partners !
Arsenal use theis change of rules crap all the time to fuck people over all the time ,Ive had similar recently !

I got another email offering me a season ticket on Friday :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Herd wrote:Arsenal chop and change to suit their own whims , they probably dont like Silver memberships so they give out as few as possible !

I got another email offering me a season ticket on Friday :roll:
I got taken off the waiting list completely 3 summers ago after, shall we say, a frank exchange of views with the lovely official who rang to offer me one :lol:

gunnabegood

Post by gunnabegood »

Unread post by DB10GOONER » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:16 am

I think we need to remember that we are dealing with a club that thinks it is ok to leave a 9 year old daughter unattended on the opposite side of a stadium surrounded by thousands of strangers. :x
Yes, I have always struggled with that one. Even the family enclosure can be quite intimidating for a child. I think I have seen from another post that you have a season ticket and that the tradition of trading it for a seat in the family enclosure (which seems like a sensible solution for the fans and the club) has been stopped. The difference between Junior membership and Red membership creates a similar problem for me. You can book a seat for your child 8 weeks before a game but as a Red member, you have to wait another 4 weeks before you can book one for yourself, at which point there is little chance of getting a seat close by, if at all. Alternatively, you wait until 4 weeks before the game and spend two hours trying to get tickets often to find they have sold out. It is a 400 mile round trip to a game for us and so the prospect of 8 hours on the road, only to find that we cannot sit close together doesn't really appeal and does raise concerns about safety, but as you say, the club seem relaxed about that. When I enquired many years ago, I was told that it was perfectly in order for my 8 year old to sit alone in the family section. I would love to apply for season tickets but I can only really hope to get to a handful of games a year because of the time and distance involved so that is not really an option. Silver is definitely the solution for me but a distant prospect sadly. Perhaps we need a bigger stadium?!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

^ ^ ^ ^

Augie you need to teach this geezer about the wonder of the paragraph :lol:

:wink:

gunnabegood

Post by gunnabegood »

goonertom1995 wrote:Was a JG but missed out on the cannon club membership by a season I believe. So been a red member for the past 3 season. Now have the joys of trying to purchase tickets whilst at work as soon as they go on sale - not easy!
I think you had to be a junior member for at least two years before progressing to Cannon Club so I presume that is where you came unstuck? One alternative to Red membership is to join a registered supporter's club as they seem to be allowed to share their Silver member's cards with other club members, thereby improving the prospect of getting tickets. I did this initially instead of applying for red membership, but the system is only as good as the supporter's club's administration and the one I was attached to became very unreliable - I gave tickets to my kids as a Christmas present one year only to be told the night before the game that the supporter's club had sold them elsewhere, so not necessarily a perfect solution. I share your angst about trying to book tickets while at work - it wouldn't be quite so bad if you knew you would be successful but it is a lottery.

gunnabegood

Post by gunnabegood »

rodders999 wrote:^ ^ ^ ^

Augie you need to teach this geezer about the wonder of the paragraph :lol:

:wink:
Point taken :barscarf: