RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Robin_L

Re: RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

Post by Robin_L »

if you go from Red --> Silver first and then get the ST, you would give up the Silver. If you do what most ppl do and get the ST first, then you can work your way from Red --> Silver but there's no way it's going to be 10 years now, I reckon at least 15. But who cares when you have a ST anyway 8)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

REB wrote:i just got silver after 9/10 years waiting , i signed up the first week of membership and was just wondering if some people got silver faster. cheers for the replys
Same as me. I joined up on the 5th day that it was open and have been waiting ever since. I got my renewal last week and it is for Silver membership.
I'm glad I've got it now as I will be able to get tickets to some of the better games much easier but I'm a little bit pissed off that they now want £60 out of me instead of £30. I mean, what exactly am I getting extra?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:How can they? I'm not a Silver but got my ST and got a new membership number, the old reds with the old numbers are still going and I'm waiting for it to go Silver.

The woman I used to rent a STD from also had a Silver.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought they were for life once you got one!

:lol: :wink:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:I've been a member since 05/06 and was 10,000 on the waiting list 1.5 years ago. I got the Red renewal email so at least one more year for me
I'm 7.9k now, so 2000 places or so per season

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:I've been a member since 05/06 and was 10,000 on the waiting list 1.5 years ago. I got the Red renewal email so at least one more year for me
I'm 7.9k now, so 2000 places or so per season
Where can you check your position?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

rodders999 wrote: Where can you check your position?
Email [email protected] and they'll respond after a few days

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
rodders999 wrote: Where can you check your position?
Email [email protected] and they'll respond after a few days
Cheers. I remember doing that around 4 years ago but heard nothing back, maybe Ivan's sorted that sh1t out 8)

Gooner_Rob_1980

Post by Gooner_Rob_1980 »

I've been a red member since May 2005 and I've just renewd as a red for my eleventh season. Asked last year and I was about 4800 in the silver waiting list. Maybe still 2 or 3 seasons to go... Do you know if you can be upgraded during the course of the season or only at the beginning of a new season?
Cheers

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

Gooner_Rob_1980 wrote:I've been a red member since May 2005 and I've just renewd as a red for my eleventh season. Asked last year and I was about 4800 in the silver waiting list. Maybe still 2 or 3 seasons to go... Do you know if you can be upgraded during the course of the season or only at the beginning of a new season?
Cheers

I think you can only be upgraded at the start of the season

REB

Post by REB »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
REB wrote:i just got silver after 9/10 years waiting , i signed up the first week of membership and was just wondering if some people got silver faster. cheers for the replys
Same as me. I joined up on the 5th day that it was open and have been waiting ever since. I got my renewal last week and it is for Silver membership.
I'm glad I've got it now as I will be able to get tickets to some of the better games much easier but I'm a little bit pissed off that they now want £60 out of me instead of £30. I mean, what exactly am I getting extra?
same here , annoyed at the price but for me it now means getting a lower tier cheaper ticket rather then paying 65 quid or thereabouts to sit upstairs,

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Was ticket registration scheme years ago 8)

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Well the lower tier tickets are always available to Silver members, so you're making a saving of about a tenner every game you go to over Red members, who have to buy the upper tier prices which are more expensive.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

That's a myth, I've gone lower tier virtually every time with a Red membership, that's the whole advantage of Ticket Ex.

Ticket Ex. has largely killed off the main advantage of having Silver over Red, still I suppose it's only another £30 per year.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Robin_L wrote:That's a myth, I've gone lower tier virtually every time with a Red membership, that's the whole advantage of Ticket Ex.

Ticket Ex. has largely killed off the main advantage of having Silver over Red, still I suppose it's only another £30 per year.

Yeah sorry, I should've clarified, I meant when tickets go on sale from the club, as opposed to the Exchange. There's also a small chance at some away games, half a dozen have gone to Silvers in the last two seasons.

EddieVedder23

Post by EddieVedder23 »

Hi,
Long time reader but finally registered. I'm a silver member for last 3 years. Joined as a red member back in '03/04 ish.
Anyway, my partner has a red membership (joined about a year or 2 after me).

We emailed last week to see where we were in the queue to becoming silver and was told approx 19,000 or so.
Seems weird cos we have an email from 3 years ago saying 9,000 in the queue.
When i rang to see what the fudge they were up to they said they didnt know where they got the 19,000 number out of and said they couldn't give me a no. until June.

What the fudge are they at? Anyone else get given a no. Recently?
This season keeps getting better & better.
Fucktards!