RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

Post by REB »

how long where you waiting as a red member before you got silver ?

navangooner

Re: RED/SILVER MEMBERSHIP

Post by navangooner »

REB wrote:how long where you waiting as a red member before you got silver ?

About 9 years

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Ten years :shock: :shock: The joke is that when I first registered, I asked if I could also register my mate at the same time. Of course they said, give us his details. He got silver four years before me!

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I have just been sent an email by Arsenal FC, telling me they will direct debit my account to renew my red membership. :cry: :cry:

I've been on the list now for 8 years, so looks like at least another two or more to go.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I was on ye olde ticket registration scheme and so was just handed a silver ticket like some cut price willy wonka movie

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I imagine it's more than 10 years now, with the value of having a Silver going up. Must be more like 15-20 years by now surely. If you aren't interested in or can't afford a ST, why would you ever give up your Silver?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

I've been a member since 05/06 and was 10,000 on the waiting list 1.5 years ago. I got the Red renewal email so at least one more year for me

REB

Post by REB »

i just got silver after 9/10 years waiting , i signed up the first week of membership and was just wondering if some people got silver faster. cheers for the replys

augie

Post by augie »

Does silver help you get tickets for the cup final rebs, or is it based on away credits ?

REB

Post by REB »

dont think so augie, gold and platinum members get all them as far as i know with silver to get whats left over if any.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Was red membership introduced around 2005, the last season at Highbury? I joined then and remember having a black and white membership card with a picture of an old crowd scene on it. Anyway that means I'm starting my 11th season as a red member when I know others that were made silver after 6/7 seasons. Christ knows what the criteria is.

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

I joined the old ticket registration scheme waiting list. I think that moved onto red membership. Between the both of them I was 9 years waiting and then got silver membership. Got the silver first or second year at the grove

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I cant imagine there would be more than 10,000 silver memberships available at any time. Given this, to wait only 10 years or so to get silver membership is pretty good.

Anyone who is a silver member would be nuts to give up membership unless they had no intention of going to the games. If you hold a bond from the old stadium, then you can silver membership if you don't take up your right to a season ticket.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

nut flush gooner wrote:I cant imagine there would be more than 10,000 silver memberships available at any time. Given this, to wait only 10 years or so to get silver membership is pretty good.

Anyone who is a silver member would be nuts to give up membership unless they had no intention of going to the games. If you hold a bond from the old stadium, then you can silver membership if you don't take up your right to a season ticket.
It's probably just silvers who take up season tickets now; the club makes them give up silvers whereas in the past you could hold both

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

How can they? I'm not a Silver but got my ST and got a new membership number, the old reds with the old numbers are still going and I'm waiting for it to go Silver.

The woman I used to rent a ST from also had a Silver.