Season Ticket renewals

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Season Ticket renewals

Post by MK Gould »

Ok, so before I start moaning I'd just like to say that I have absolutely no intention of giving up my season tickets. I'm delighted that they have guaranteed me a cup final ticket, and couldn't be arsed with going online for each and every game I want to attend.

But WANT to attend is the point. I naively thought that there might be some financial pay back to being a season ticket holder... But this season - possibly for the first time? - they have outlined that the ST covers 6x category A, 14x category B and 6x category C games. Price for corner lower is £1,014. Whereas the price of going to every one of the home games individually would be £1,051. A saving of precisely £37...or, put another way, one category B game.

Ok, so a silver member has to pay booking fees each time. But the fees to sell a game on your ST via Ticket Exchange are huge!

Oh, and the other part of my moan is that despite our season not finishing until (thankfully!) Saturday 30th May, the ST renewal deadline is the very next working day - Monday 1st June!

navangooner

Re: Season Ticket renewals

Post by navangooner »

Silver members pay 60 pound just for the membership so I suppose you save on that. Still only works out at roughly 2 games free Then again silver members don't have to worry about selling on d tickets if they can't go to a match.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Having received my figure for next year it turns out that I can't make the Sunderland game and have sold it on exchange . So in their haste they have the wrong figure. Should be fun talking to the wall that is the Box office.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

A Category B game free, plus 7 cup credits, which are usually three more Bs (group games) and one A and maybe a C or two. If you sold all of these and just went to the league games then that would be another £150ish off the next season?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Put in to move seat then you get beyond June 1st.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

navangooner wrote:Silver members pay 60 pound just for the membership so I suppose you save on that. Still only works out at roughly 2 games free Then again silver members don't have to worry about selling on d tickets if they can't go to a match.
But they do have to worry about not being able to sell their tickets if games get moved. I know a number who bought for Swansea and were then up shit creek when they switched it to Monday night

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:
navangooner wrote:Silver members pay 60 pound just for the membership so I suppose you save on that. Still only works out at roughly 2 games free Then again silver members don't have to worry about selling on d tickets if they can't go to a match.
But they do have to worry about not being able to sell their tickets if games get moved. I know a number who bought for Swansea and were then up shit creek when they switched it to Monday night
Not you though, eh SteveO!! :D

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Wonder what happens if someone doesnt renew, and they have money in The ticket exchange bank so too speak. Do they get a refund or is it tough luck.

silus

Post by silus »

I've been renting a season ticket for 4 yrs now and on the waiting list the same time.
Thought I'd ring the club to see if/when I'll get offered one....she said I'm 17,000 ish and it be 4 to 5 yrs :shock:
Looks like I'll have to be a rent boy again (that is what that means.....right?) :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

silus wrote:I've been renting a season ticket for 4 yrs now and on the waiting list the same time.
Thought I'd ring the club to see if/when I'll get offered one....she said I'm 17,000 ish and it be 4 to 5 yrs :shock:
Looks like I'll have to be a rent boy again (that is what that means.....right?) :D
:D

Depends on what are your payment terms.

:shock:

Just ring up again during the summer when they're in recruiting :oops: mode and you might get lucky :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

wilko49er wrote:Wonder what happens if someone doesnt renew, and they have money in The ticket exchange bank so too speak. Do they get a refund or is it tough luck.
It happened to me a few years ago as they had sent the renewal forms out before the last home game. I couldn't go so sold it on the exchange. I then got a cheque from them in the post over the summer. I thought about giving it to a museum as some rare artifact as the sight of Arsenal spending a bit of money back then was almost like stumbling across a new civilization.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Mistical92 wrote:A Category B game free, plus 7 cup credits, which are usually three more Bs (group games) and one A and maybe a C or two. If you sold all of these and just went to the league games then that would be another £150ish off the next season?
They sell my seat for £64 for Cat A games, but I only receive £55.32 for selling through Ticket Exchange. Figures for Cat B are £36.50 for which I get £31.75. So in other words you lose up to 14% of the value of the ticket...which is a hell of an additional cost for those buying an ST but not using it for every game.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

The date of June 1 is no accident, as soon as possible after the cup final so as to grab all that lovely cashmonies to spend on Theo's next wages, but not before it in case of losing and some disgruntled supporters revelling in the misery like they do on here and deciding (claiming) they won't bother

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Robin_L wrote:The date of June 1 is no accident, as soon as possible after the cup final so as to grab all that lovely cashmonies to spend on Theo's next wages, but not before it in case of losing and some disgruntled supporters revelling in the misery like they do on here and deciding (claiming) they won't bother
It's been the end of May/beg of June for as long as I can remember.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Gonna apply for a seat relocation every year, got another 28 days max to pay up now.